[Submitted] Bluetooth audio quality

1. Kahoots
    Cupcake May 14, 2021

Kahoots , May 14, 2021 :
    Hello,

I've recently stumbled upon an issue that any Bluetooth audio device I connect to has really bad audio quality.

I went in developer options and I see that for any of the devices the HD audio button is greyed out and all other options are set to lowest possible option including codec of which only SBC is available.

To be fair initially I had doubts that the issue is due to the other devices not supporting other options, but that isn't the case, as when I tested with other smartphones the quality drastically changed to the better.

Afterwards I also tested this on my old nokia 8 phone, which also had good audio quality and nearly all options were available, not all for all devices but most depending on the device and audio quality was really good.

I had only used Bluetooth audio few times on this phone earlier and that was before android 11, so on Android 10 there weren't any noticeable issues with Bluetooth audio quality.

2. Prashanth 27
    OnePlus Bug Hunter Staff Member May 15, 2021

Prashanth 27 , May 15, 2021 :
    We would like to analyze the issue further, please help us with the requested details. Please have a look in your inbox, we've sent a direct message. Awaiting for your revert!

Regards,
    Prashanth.