Bluetooth Audio Stuck on Phone speaker Android 10 via OnePlus 6T

1. mrkvnjkn
    Donut Nov 18, 2019

mrkvnjkn , via OnePlus 6T , Nov 18, 2019 :
    Since updating to Android 10 there is a weird Bluetooth issue that pops up every couple days. The following happens:
    - Bluetooth is connected to the Bluetooth device using both voice and music;
    - Bluetooth voice is working;
    - Audio comes over the phone speaker;
    - Force selecting the Bluetooth device in the volume panel does not work, the volume panel shows that a Bluetooth device us connected;
    - It is possible to control the phone audio player from the Bluetooth device;
    - The only way to overcome this issue is rebooting the phone, every other measure does not work (like disconnect Bluetooth or airplane mode).

T1563846781805 and itslenny like this.
  2. mrkvnjkn
    Donut Dec 6, 2019

mrkvnjkn , via OnePlus 6T , Dec 6, 2019 :
    Am I the only one with this issue? I can't imagine that, I'm installing the 10.0.1 update now. Although not mentioned, I home that will also fix this issue.

3. Caomhin
    Jelly Bean Dec 6, 2019

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T Mirror Black , Dec 6, 2019 :
    Try the following,

Open Apps & Notifications in settings, select Show all apps, then click on 3 dot menu top right, choose Show system apps, search for Bluetooth, open Bluetooth app info and clear the cache, and storage if necessary. If you clear storage you will have to reset up your Bluetooth devices. So just try cache first.

1575629008778.jpg

1575629008805.jpg

4. mrkvnjkn
    Donut Dec 9, 2019

mrkvnjkn , via OnePlus 6T , Dec 9, 2019 :
    I've tried that both, but it didn't work.

Also with the 10.0.1 update, the issue is still persists. It hapens when an app that is configured to use the internal speaker, like Waze is capable of, the output sticks to the internal speaker.

itslenny and G_plusone like this.
  5. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Dec 10, 2019

G_plusone , Dec 10, 2019 :
    C
    Check Bluetooth paired device.
    Click Gear icon of the Bluetooth device you have trouble and see if
    media audio and phone audio are selected

Caomhin likes this.
  6. mrkvnjkn
    Donut Dec 10, 2019

mrkvnjkn , via OnePlus 6T , Dec 10, 2019 :
    Checked that, there is nothing changed there. In the volume panel it switches from bluetooth back to speaker although is says that bluetooth is connected. To me it seems to be a bug.

itslenny and Caomhin like this.
  7. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Dec 10, 2019

G_plusone , Dec 10, 2019 :
    One More thing after connect to Bluetooth device play music and pull the status bar down and see if you have audio playback info whether you can change it to Bluetooth device?

Caomhin likes this.
  8. itslenny
    Cupcake Dec 15, 2019

itslenny , Dec 15, 2019 :
    I have this exact same issue. I have also noticed that when playing podcasts on speaker, the volume goes up and down automatically!

Also running 10.0.1

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019

9. itslenny
    Cupcake Dec 26, 2019

itslenny , Dec 26, 2019 :
    10.3.0 and still have an issue with audio volume automatically changing after a few minutes of listening to something. really frickin annoying when you have turned the volume down to not disturb people and then it turns up by itself!