Bluetooth car audio song information not displayed

1. OnePlusVarma
    Gingerbread Nov 24, 2015

OnePlusVarma , Nov 24, 2015 :
    I can't see what track is playing in car display. However, I am able to use the steering mounted controls (vol up / down, track next / prev) while playing audio via bluetooth. But the song information does not appear on the display. I tried unpairing / pairing a couple of times but no use. I checked all the options in Bluetooth settings (Media audio, phone audio etc). Everything is enabled. I have a Ford Fiesta fitted with Microsoft Sync as audio. My other phones work pretty well. So definitely not a car audio problem. Anyone else experiencing the same?

Bilal Nushoor and sunilbagalur like this.
  2. koontz
    Eclair Nov 24, 2015

koontz , Nov 24, 2015 :
    The bluetooth on this phone is really not right, I have a Peugeot 208 with touch screen, and when I connect via bluetooth the touch screen reboots and then crashes had a nightmare on the way to work today were it was stuck in a loop, previous phone nexus 4(still got it), never once had this problem, also when I try to stream music from the phone it plays on the phone but no sound from the speakers in car?, and on the phone has a speaker icon with cross through it?, checked the volume settings and it wont le me adjust, apart from this massive problem I really like the phone the display is great, battery life seems good and it seems to charge very fast.

3. aj7400
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 24, 2015

OnePlusVarma likes this.
  4. billq
    Jelly Bean Nov 24, 2015

billq , Nov 24, 2015 :
    I have a Renault with r&go and the phone seamlessly connects all the aspects of this complex app

sunilbagalur likes this.
  5. Haze1990
    Froyo Nov 25, 2015

Haze1990 , Nov 25, 2015 :
    Also have this issue. Apparently an issue with Lollipop

billq and OnePlusVarma like this.
  6. OnePlusVarma
    Gingerbread Nov 25, 2015

OnePlusVarma , Nov 25, 2015 :
    Interesting. I thought it was a problem with Oxygen. But I do remember my other lenovo phone which also runs lollipop (5.0.2) works flawless. Is it broken in 5.1 and above?

sunilbagalur likes this.
  7. Haze1990
    Froyo Nov 25, 2015

Haze1990 , Nov 25, 2015 :
    Im not sure as i used a Nexus 5 with lollipop and had no issues at all.

Lollipop is just something i had been told. I assumed same as you that Oxygen was the issue but cant be sure

8. billq
    Jelly Bean Nov 25, 2015

billq , Nov 25, 2015 :
    It's working on my system along with many other Renault r&go app features which is odd basic things not on lots of cars and complex app like mine working thru blutooth with many things is good really odd this

9. Magpie83
    Froyo Nov 25, 2015

10. billq
    Jelly Bean Nov 25, 2015

billq , Nov 25, 2015 :
    It's odd it works on so many with great success like on my Renault and my little merc yet fails on otheres the must be some issue other than the phone my opo and op2 and opx have been good in my cars for almost 2 years now . yet so many others have had problems . tho Mercedes did a software update at my last service to have my connect system work with Bluetooth 4 and they say upwards .

11. Haze1990
    Froyo Nov 26, 2015

Haze1990 , Nov 26, 2015 :
    Maybe i need to find an update for my system but seems odd that its now causing an issue.

Really not happy with OP for refusing to address this issue. Its not a major thing but can be a pain when have a slight pause at the start of a song and gotta wait to realise what it is.

I also found another bug!

Every time i change the track via my stereo the OPX lights up! Causing the battery to drain. Anyone else had this issue?

12. billq
    Jelly Bean Nov 26, 2015

billq , Nov 26, 2015 :
    I've no issues but as I said Bluetooth itself updated to 4 not all cars have this without updates tho basic functions are back playable . this was the case for my merc . it was Bluetooth 2 now the commander units updated its OK . the blutooth op fit is the latest one .

13. IlCieco
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 26, 2015

IlCieco , Nov 26, 2015 :
    The Automotive world seems not so device-friendly.
    I've heard about lots of sync problems between cars and devices, and it seems to happen between any phone brand and any car brand.
    I think it'll be will be a difficult partnership until Android Auto and Appel CarPlay will become widely available both on devices and cars.

billq likes this.
  14. rubenrebelo
    Eclair Nov 27, 2015

rubenrebelo , Nov 27, 2015 :
    Even if the phone has a bad implementation of bluetooth, you can't blame all in the phone... Most cars have even worse implementations of Bluetooth, they are incompatible with lots of devices that work great in everything else, and they don’t care about upgrading the compatibility list. And on cars where the media player crashes and reboots, the culprit is only the car maker, not the phone, that should NEVER happen..

That said, on my BMW 1 series (F20) with the latest compatibility update applied to the car stereo, and with OPX on 2.1.3 ROM, it all works great, I have phonebook, song and album info, etc.. etc.. Only thing missing is the album covers.

billq likes this.
  15. billq
    Jelly Bean Nov 27, 2015

billq , Nov 27, 2015 :
    See if you'd bought the latest Renault twingo you'd have had covers. And green road driving and customisable rev counter . plus tom tom maps that endlessly talk to you interrupting your music . all on Bluetooth ROFL or a merc which also well only has the basics like your beemy :cool::p:p

16. Paul Tasker
    Gingerbread Nov 29, 2015

Paul Tasker , Nov 29, 2015 :
    Works fine on my seat system with Spotify and Google play but not deezer. I think it's down to the individual music player app?

billq likes this.
  17. hexigen
    Cupcake Dec 3, 2015

hexigen , Dec 3, 2015 :
    I don't know if anyone posted this yet, but I think I accidentally found a workaround.
    I installed TrueDialer app which let's you filter out spam calls, and right after that my OnePlus X started displaying track info and track control started working. I remember it used to work on my Oneplus One , and now I'm convinced it's because I also had TrueDialer installed. Keep in mind TrueDialer and TrueCaller are now 2 separate apps on Lollipop. My phone started showing tracks after installation of TrueDialer not TrueCaller (though I do have them both)

OnePlusVarma likes this.
  18. OnePlusVarma
    Gingerbread Dec 3, 2015

OnePlusVarma , Dec 3, 2015 :
    Wondering what TrueDialer has to do with song information.

billq likes this.
  19. hexigen
    Cupcake Dec 3, 2015

hexigen , Dec 3, 2015 :
    I suspect that TrueDialer somehow modifies Bluetooth settings to send caller info via Bluetooth. I knew that Bluetooth hardware wasn't broken when my lexus apps worked properly but other generic Bluetooth apps like Google Music didn't. For example Pandora radio worked via Lexus enform. Control worked, meta info showed etc. So I'm assuming the true fix is trivial settings modification which OnePlus is not willing to spend time on, they should probably talk to TrueDialer developers for pointers.

OnePlusVarma likes this.
  20. twinturbopoweredz
    Gingerbread Dec 3, 2015

twinturbopoweredz , Dec 3, 2015 :
    Negative, i have a OPO with Lollipop 5.1.1 and everything is displayed on my screen with the exception of artwork, my steering wheel control work too. However on my OPx nothing shows up, the steering wheel controls dont work and all it displays is "Bluetooth Audio Stream OnePlus X " and all the audio apps say the same thing even iHeart radio, Spotify, etc. I drive a 2015 Golf with the display audio, every other phone I have works fine except this one.