Bluetooth car connection is closing phone's own SIM/data connection

1. None_
    Cupcake Aug 9, 2019

None_ , Aug 9, 2019 :
    OP7 Pro - worked perfectly with my car (2011 Skoda Superb) for phone and media initially. But one of the recent updates has ruined the phone/car relationship.

Now, when you get in the car, it connects fine, but the connection terminates the phone's own SIM and data signal. The means that the car is controlling voice comms, which I guess is fine, but I can't use any of the other phone apps which require data, e.g. Waze (insert satnav app of choice).

Something which happened at the same time as this failure, is that this notification pops up when the initial Bluetooth connection is formed. Tapping it, obviously, terminates the connection to the car. This notification never appeared previously.

[​IMG]

This issue needs to be fixed urgently - having full use of the phone when it's connected a car is a basic requirement.

2. Dirk66
    Froyo Aug 9, 2019

Dirk66 , Aug 9, 2019 :
    Don't know if it can fix the problem , but it's dual SIM phone so maybe switch to the other slot and try. Fixed for me some problems in the past.
    It could be software on the phone( update) ....did you check if there is an update for your car.
    I had Bluetooth and connection problems and with an update for my car system it solved all my problems.

3. None_
    Cupcake Aug 9, 2019

None_ , Aug 9, 2019 :
    Thanks for the input, I'll give the SIM switch a try.
    My car's too old for manufacturer updates - I'm pretty sure it was the phone update before last which caused it.