Network/Connectivity Bluetooth completely ruined in Android 10 Stable

1. superdavor
    Eclair Sep 28, 2019

superdavor , Sep 28, 2019 :
    No idea what you did in Android 10 Stable, but you completely ruined the Bluetooth functionality. First and foremost, all of my BT headphones are suddenly 30-40% quieter than on Android 9 Stable or Android 10 Beta (1 and 2). I tried over 5 different pairs of BT headphones (I review them for a living) and the same issue is present on all of them. The volume is 30-40% quieter on my car's Bluetooth system as well.

Secondly, the connection was rock-stable before but now audio stutters all the time, especially if I pause and resume a song by using the buttons on the headphones. Finally, the phone no longer automatically connects to my car's BT system, which it did before, 100% of the time.

All of this renders the OnePlus 7 Pro next to useless for me, as testing BT headphones is my job. Can we expect any patches for BT functionality or should I just sell the phone (or perhaps switch back to Android 10 Beta)?

mptpro, Duggal023, salazarng and 6 others like this.
  2. U1568671197938
    Cupcake Sep 28, 2019

U1568671197938 , Sep 28, 2019 :

Christophlei likes this.
  3. U1568671197938
    Cupcake Sep 28, 2019

Christophlei likes this.
  4. hugginsd
    Donut Sep 29, 2019

hugginsd , Sep 29, 2019 :
    After the Android 10 update, bluetooth audio in my car no longer works. I can make phone calls through the car's system as usual, but audio (google music, podcasts) do not play through the car speakers, it plays through the phone speakers.

ebautista91 and Christophlei like this.
  5. Salva
    Jelly Bean Oct 2, 2019

Salva , Oct 2, 2019 :
    Big problem for me too, with bluetooth in car (Ford Sync3 2019), i think because it's HD audio for system audio surround, the sound is jerking/freezing randomly
    No problems with simple headset or speaker.
    7pro with Oos10 stable.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019

6. NeoElettoTheOne
    Froyo Oct 4, 2019

NeoElettoTheOne , Oct 4, 2019 :
    Thanks a lot,you get exactly the point.

I have the same problem on my Mazda 3.
    With Android 9 Pie,it worked incredibly well.
    Now the phone connects only for calls,and the multimedia icon on the car doesn't shows anymore.
    A little workaround,is to enter Bluetooth settings,tap the little cog near the car's name,and switch off and then back on,the multimedia switch.

I really hope they fix this asap.

7. hugginsd
    Donut Oct 5, 2019

hugginsd , Oct 5, 2019 :
    I will give that a try. like you, when the phone connects, it's for phone only, the car acts as there's no device with the correct Bluetooth profile for multimedia.

NeoElettoTheOne likes this.
  8. hugginsd
    Donut Oct 5, 2019

hugginsd , Oct 5, 2019 :
    Dang. didn't work.

9. NeoElettoTheOne
    Froyo Oct 5, 2019

NeoElettoTheOne , Oct 5, 2019 :

For me it works,but only for a short period of time,then the connection drop.

10. rbwright22
    Cupcake Oct 7, 2019

rbwright22 , Oct 7, 2019 :
    I have the same issues that you describe since upgrading to Android 10. What make it worse is that I use it to control hearing aids making them virtually useless. I have tried to contact Oneplus support who set up a return service call and have never responded. After several unanswered emails I have come to the conclusion that they just don't care. If it wasn't for the expense involved I would trash this phone and buy another. It's too bad since the phone is very good in so many ways, but the complete lack of support from Oneplus means that they have seen the last of my money.

11. M1560335188599
    Froyo Oct 7, 2019

M1560335188599 , Oct 7, 2019 :
    I'm still on Pie, and bluetooth works fine. Not sure I want to install the upgrade when/if it comes. Seems like they screw everything up in this update, adding even more problems to an already faulty phone. Even basic things like notification don't work. But hey, as long as we get dark themes, then all is fine and dandy, right?!
    I was super excited when I bought the phone, but now I totally regret wasting money on it. I'm selling it, and never getting a OP device ever again. Swing and a miss, Oneplus...

12. hugginsd
    Donut Oct 8, 2019

hugginsd , Oct 8, 2019 :
    I would advise against upgrading the 10 until they get these bugs ironed out. For the most part, I really like the phone. Quite a lot. But boy did they do the community a disservice rushing this out.

13. noobnoob25
    Gingerbread Oct 9, 2019

noobnoob25 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Oct 9, 2019 :
    OnePlus would have been perfect if they had a better software support. They suck at it. I've been using the community since OnePlus 3 and they have disappointed a lot of times. I mean OP7 Pro is a super new phone and they aren't fixing the bugs. They need to address the issues. This Bluetooth issue is a one problem in Android 10 Stable release, I've issues with OP gesture, fonts, performance, battery life is ****** up. It's far from stable.

14. jasemanONE
    Gingerbread Oct 9, 2019

jasemanONE , Oct 9, 2019 :
    Now see, I have just the opposite experience. Mine is working just fine, maybe even better than on 9, but at least as good. So what's the difference between yours and mine? If we assume that the hardware is exactly the same, that leaves software. Maybe you have a bad app that I don't use? Maybe when you upgraded something old or buggy was left over or was pulled in from a backup? I know it hurts, but maybe, just maybe a factory reset will make everything better. If you decide to do a factory reset then DO NOT allow anything to install itself from any backup as this could just reintroduce the same issues all over again. Install all your apps one-by-one manually. It's up to you!

15. noobnoob25
    Gingerbread Oct 9, 2019

That's great that your experience is good. The issues that I'm facing is mostly listed on community several times. I've tons of data/authenticator on my phone and I don't want to factory reset if it can be fixed with a software update right? Factory reset shouldn't be the only option, it should be the last resort. Most of us have tons of data on phone and I don't think people would want to factory reset all the time when a new version of Android drops and one faces issues. If majority of people are facing the issues, it's usually because there is some bugs and OnePlus can fix it, right?

16. jasemanONE
    Gingerbread Oct 9, 2019

jasemanONE , Oct 9, 2019 :
    You can backup your data...just do not let the apps reinstall themselves. I know it should NOT have to be this way but I believe more people are having a good experience than those with a bad experience. So you can either suffer, and complain, or you can be proactive and try to fix it yourself. Remember that the people who fix these issues are probably not even looking at these posts. So what other choice do you have? Even if they do come with a great fix for all your issues... how long are you willing to wait? It's up to you.

17. noobnoob25
    Gingerbread Oct 9, 2019

I'm not saying it's not in a working condition. I'm getting one and half hour lesser SOT than Android Pie. I've few issues not something serious. Slate Fonts is not applying to all the places. Then OnePlus gesture issues. Also, a gap under the GBoard. I personally like OP Gestures so I hope OnePlus does something about the gap. Games are a bit laggy which I don't mind because I don't play a lot. So, I would wait for the software update rather than try to experiment and fix it all myself. I know I can but I'm just avoiding a factory reset, that's it.

18. G1540827778510
    Cupcake Oct 10, 2019

G1540827778510 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Oct 10, 2019 :
    I'm having the same issues also, however it is primarily noticed when the device has gone to sleep. If on lock screen or home screen, the issue is resolved. Tried also with multiple Bluetooth headphones/earphones and noticed this issue with all.

19. Salva
    Jelly Bean Oct 11, 2019

Salva , Oct 11, 2019 :
    I "fixed" problem, when i am Sync bluetooth car and have the problem, i disable BT and re-enable it, and then problem is gone.