Bluetooth connection issue with garmin fenix 5x and one plus 7 pro

1. G_Pranav_Prabhudesai_iar
    Cupcake Sep 18, 2019

G_Pranav_Prabhudesai_iar , Sep 18, 2019 :
    hi experts,

I have garmin fenix 5x watch and I recently bought one plus 7 pro. whenever I tried to connect to my one plus 7 pro, it gets connected and sync all the stats however that Bluetooth connection drops after certain time. I have been a lot of threads on this community forum tried to delete cache and whatnot. i still have no success. I had one plus 5 before this 7 pro and there was absolutely no issue with connection. is there anyone who has a solution to this? please let me know if you need more information.

2. Loftcat
    Donut Sep 18, 2019

Loftcat , Sep 18, 2019 :
    Happens to me on my iPhone XS Max a recent issue might not be relative to a particular OS, running 13.1 Beta 4

3. jogoncalves
    Cupcake Sep 19, 2019

jogoncalves , Sep 19, 2019 :
    Happens to me with Vivoactive HR. I have to open the app so sync works again.
    Already configured battery optimization not to otimize the app, but the issue persists.

4. G_Pranav_Prabhudesai_iar
    Cupcake Sep 19, 2019

G_Pranav_Prabhudesai_iar , Sep 19, 2019 :
    so I have found solution for the issue. when I purchased my one plus 7 pro, I used their default app for data transfer and that is where everything was messed up. it brought Connect application configuration from old phone and overwrite on the new one.
    solution - in one plus 7 pro settings, there is an option to reset wifi Bluetooth and mobile data. click on that and reset all of that. restart your phone and then connect garmin watch through connect app (not via Android Bluetooth setting). hopefully this will help my fellow users.