Network/Connectivity Bluetooth is terrible.

1. falconhand
    Donut Jun 28, 2017

falconhand , Jun 28, 2017 :
    I have my OnePlus 5 64 Gb, and I am getting terrible Bluetooth performance. Lots of stutters and drops, and range is absolutely abysmal. Will this get fixed in software?

2. LukaVA
    Gingerbread Jun 28, 2017

LukaVA , Jun 28, 2017 :
    Possibly, it seems as though there are a lot of problems with the OP5's OS, and that OnePlus is trying to fix stuff as quickly as possible, I would say just wait a bit, and everything should get fixed soon.

3. hmggloria
    Eclair Jun 28, 2017

hmggloria , Jun 28, 2017 :
    Totally crap!!! I'm having all issues with it.

-stuttering streaming audio
    -minimal distance range
    -had to reset my watch today because it just wouldnt connect (when it was fine before)
    -yesterday had to reset the car's radio because it stopped connecting (when it was fine before)
    -pick up a call in the phone and the sound goes out on the watch

I must say the BT is the most dissapointing feature. I also know many issues are actually from stock Android and not OnePlus fault.
    I was just accostumed to good stuff, my last 4 phones were all samsung and everything was flawless but Samsung developed their own Bluetooth stack in order not to depend on the android one which was bad.
    I really hope 1+ tries to make ammends with this as BT is one of the most important things and if poor, kind of renders a massive phone into a weak one.....

Harshit1203, tuniopl and Jasler like this.
  4. marcvanhees
    Cupcake Jun 28, 2017

marcvanhees , Jun 28, 2017 :
    one plus 5 makes my car audio and navigation system reset every ten minutes. one plus 3 did the same. one plus one did not.
    my car is Citroën Grand Picasso dec. 2016

Flow_13 and F_Andrew_Gills_bhia like this.
  5. alex.ioje
    Cupcake Jun 28, 2017

6. elrao
    Eclair Jun 28, 2017

elrao , Jun 28, 2017 :
    I have sent in logs on a BT issue, where it is losing the pairing to my watch. Anytime I take my phone out of range of my watch, then come back in range it doesn't automatically pick it back up and needs repairing. I tried it earlier with my headphones and my watch, and it kept the pairing with my headphones, but not the watch. It isn't a problem with the watch, as same test worked fine with my old phone!

So seems like OP5 has issues re-instating the pairing with certain types of BT device.

Csabathehut, ingdir and hmggloria like this.
  7. ValentinHervieu
    Eclair Jun 29, 2017

ValentinHervieu , Jun 29, 2017 :
    I also have lot of stutter some times. I thought it was worst when the wifi was active but I can't really reproduce it when I want. I have tried with the different codecs but it doesn't seem to have any effect.

8. G_Matt_Klein_usWa
    Cupcake Jun 29, 2017

G_Matt_Klein_usWa , Jun 29, 2017 :
    My perception has been better BT performance than my 3t. Clearly hasn't been a big enough issue for me to have noticed by now.

9. k0065126
    Cupcake Jun 29, 2017

k0065126 , Jun 29, 2017 :
    You are lucky, my phone does even seem to find my bluetooth earphones, even when they are next to it.

10. dllprice
    Donut Jun 29, 2017

dllprice , Jun 29, 2017 :
    On my side :
    • BT works well in my car (music).
    • However, if I use a Jabra (Jabra speak 210) for the sound of a video, the video stops every 30secs - and fails loading smoothly (I'm using avery good wifi). Same video source works perfectly in the same conditions, without BT.

I'm using Oxygen 4.5.3 in France.

11. gokaigreen
    Cupcake Jun 29, 2017

gokaigreen , Jun 29, 2017 :
    yeah i can't connect it to my 2016 mini clubman, it says connected but dosnt not play anything even though the phone and the car say they are connected. This is my first one plus and the car issue is a big deal for me as i drive a lot. Any ideas for this?

12. salvo.cagliari
    Froyo Jun 29, 2017

salvo.cagliari , Jun 29, 2017 :
    mine is good. Today, with my jabra revo wireless i've walked around all the gym (in a maximum ray of 10 metres more or less) without any problems.

13. ingdir
    Donut Jun 30, 2017

ingdir , Jun 30, 2017 :
    I also have repeated Bluetooth pairing requests with my Moto360 watch. When my watch goes out of range, OnePlus forgets it and asks for a new Bluetooth pairing. After I complete the pairing, the watch works as before. I have the latest available firmware (A5000 23 170626). This didn't happen with my previous phone (Nexus 6).

Arximiro likes this.
  14. elrao
    Eclair Jun 30, 2017

15. Yum yum yum
    Cupcake Jun 30, 2017

Yum yum yum , Jun 30, 2017 :
    Could this be an issue with the Bluetooth version 5, it isn't widely supported as most devices on the market still don't support the latest version of 4.2 ect.

16. barath_000
    Gingerbread Jun 30, 2017

Jasler likes this.
  17. hailtotheking
    Gingerbread Jun 30, 2017

hailtotheking , Jun 30, 2017 :
    Sorry to say to you all, Bluetooth problems began with Oneplus 2.

People are still waiting for a fix, so don't hold your breath.

18. kamte
    Donut Jun 30, 2017

kamte , Jun 30, 2017 :
    I'm facing the same issue on a Toyota C-HR. I already sent logs of the issue to the support team, and they are supposed to be working on a fix

19. G_Wilson_A_RXeM
    Eclair Jul 2, 2017

G_Wilson_A_RXeM , Jul 2, 2017 :
    i have an issue when it is connected to my small marshall speaker, it connects fine but it seems every 5 minutes or so theres a fart noise... funny at first but when it because common it was annoying.

20. larsvdijk98
    Cupcake Jul 2, 2017