Network/Connectivity Bluetooth is terrible.

1. morimando
    Gingerbread Jul 3, 2017

morimando , Jul 3, 2017 :
    Bluetooth worked well for me until 4.5.3, then I started experiencing the issues you're mentioning

2. rutgerg
    Cupcake Jul 3, 2017

3. ibspider
    Eclair Jul 4, 2017

ibspider , Jul 4, 2017 :
    The Bluetooth used to work when I first test it with a speaker, but now it just doesn't work at all

4. wiesi1987
    Donut Jul 4, 2017

wiesi1987 , Jul 4, 2017 :
    My bluetooth works very well with my mazda 3, my living room speakers and my bose soundlink and quiet comfort. I also never had a problem with the 3T. Range with the 5 is better than the 3T --> now it stays connected to my living room speakers from the whole house and not only in the living room and nearby.

5. padwal
    Cupcake Jul 4, 2017

padwal , Jul 4, 2017 :
    Bluetooth is horrible my Lenovo HW01 app connects with Redmi 3 with ease. While with OP5 it does not bind. OP5 Please check Bluetooth and provide update ASAP

6. G_saket_gaurav_bMrq
    Cupcake Jul 4, 2017

7. Daniel_Skultety
    Froyo Jul 4, 2017

8. amoose
    Cupcake Jul 4, 2017

amoose , Jul 4, 2017 :
    I don't know about you but I have been having an pretty good time with Bluetooth

9. F_Andrew_Gills_bhia
    Eclair Jul 4, 2017

F_Andrew_Gills_bhia , Jul 4, 2017 :
    Had a similar thing with my new GT ceed 65 plate took me 3 days to find an alternative way but found away round it placed phone into airplane mode for a short while say 20/30 second's then back to normal

search again and my new OnePlus5 was now visible to my system don't know if this helps but work for me

10. Crystal Z.
    Global Community <3 Staff Member Jul 5, 2017

Crystal Z. , Jul 5, 2017 :
    Hi, sorry to hear about the bluetooth issues.
    For whom suffers this kind of issue, please collect some logs so that we can look into it.
    1. Input the command *#800# in the dialer
    2. Tap on Get Wireless Log at the bottom of the page and tap on clean log
    3. Tap on Bluetooth log to start the capturing process
    4. Replicate the issue, take a screenshot to record the time
    5. Return to the log interface and tap on Stop logging
    6. Zip the oem file from file manager and share it to bughunters@oneplus.net with the detailed issue description.

Please note that:
    Please send the files from file manager instead of the share option in above process.

Best regards,
    OnePlus Bug Hunters

harind3r and hmggloria like this.
  11. hmggloria
    Eclair Jul 5, 2017

hmggloria , Jul 5, 2017 :
    One pattern I already discovered is that when WiFi signal is weak it then unpairs BT devices! Did you guys noticed it?

F_Andrew_Gills_bhia likes this.
  12. padwal
    Cupcake Jul 5, 2017

padwal , Jul 5, 2017 :
    Sorry I take back my comments. My Bluetooth is working fine. There was minor settings error. I had to enable the 'location' service first and then enable Bluetooth through app and click bind. It worked like a charm. Leaving this feedback if anyone has the same problem.

13. F_Sohan_DN_gOLs
    Cupcake Jul 5, 2017

14. ingdir
    Donut Jul 14, 2017

ingdir , Jul 14, 2017 :
    I think I had something similar, yes. As the unpairing only happens, like, once in a day or two, it's difficult to connect the events together.

hmggloria likes this.
  15. ricardo_farinha
    Cupcake Jul 17, 2017

ricardo_farinha , Jul 17, 2017 :
    Have the same issue/same car. Did you manage to solve it?

16. Nucks2477
    Cupcake Jul 20, 2017

Nucks2477 , Jul 20, 2017 :
    Hello everyone!

I am also experiencing trouble with bluetooth connection. But I dont know if it is due to the two pieces simply not beeing a bluetoohmatch for each other.
    Anyway, hoping for some advice.

I have the oneplus 5 which I would like to pair with the Pro-ject bluetooth Box S (https://www.nbradio.dk/shop/pro-ject-bluetooth-box-10953p.html) , so that I can hear music on my sound system from my mobile.
    The Bluetooth Box S should run with the aptX & SBC format.
    So far so good?

So I turn on bluetooth on my Oneplus 5 and it detects the bluetooth Box S. Then I tap on my mobile to ensure the connection.

Then it starts getting tricky.

- My Oneplus 5 tells me to ensure that a six digit nummerical code which appears on the screen, is matching the code that the bluetooth Box S is representing.
    Because I have no other choice I tap on a 'sign'/the thing that pops up' which says something like "OK, the other bluetooth device also represents the same six digit nummerical code which is shown on my Oneplus 5 screen"

Then, the Oneplus 5 thinks for a bit before it states that it is unable to establish the connection with the bluetooth Box S because of a different code or pin.

I have tried calling the seller of the Pro-ject bluetooth Box S. He says that the bluetooth Box S does not require a connection code. Furthermore the manuel says that if a code is needed for the bluetooth connection, I should put the code 0000 and press pair.
    But I don't know how to change or delete the six digit code that prompts up on the Oneplus 5.

I have also tried to change the bluetooth Audio Codec on the Oneplus 5 from the SBC format to aptX and AptX HD with the same results. The bluetooth Box S runs Bluetooth 3.0

Does anybody know why this is not working?
    Is it simply because the to units are not a bluetoothmatch?

P.s. I can establish a bluetooth connection to my pc.

Kind regards Lars

17. av55
    Cupcake Jul 20, 2017

av55 , Jul 20, 2017 :
    I am also facing problem with the BT pairing with one plus five. I haven't Plantronic edge BT and it does not get paired at all. Not even through the NFC. Earlier I was using 1+2 and the same BT but there was no issue. please look into this matter.

18. Ashish_Vaya
    Donut Jul 20, 2017

19. Crystal Z.
    Global Community <3 Staff Member Jul 21, 2017

Crystal Z. , Jul 21, 2017 :
    Hi, all

As for all bluetooth compatibility and connectivity issues, we would like to get as many logs as possible so that we can implement it.
    You may raise bug reports (https://forums.oneplus.net/feedback/) or send me a direct message with the detailed issue and better with logs.

Sorry for the trouble that has caused you.

Best regards,
    OnePlus Bug Hunters

20. Marekg95
    Cupcake Jul 23, 2017

Marekg95 , Jul 23, 2017 :
    Bluetooth turns itself on automatically. I have the Oxygen 4.5.6 version. When I unlock the phone for a while I see a bluetooth connection icon on the icon bar, which disappears after a while. Sometimes bluetooth turns on just like I do something on the phone. I have disabled bluetooth scanning in location settings. What should I do?