Bluetooth issue on OnePlus 5T

1. Eadmond
    Cupcake Feb 4, 2018

Eadmond , Feb 4, 2018 :
    I have tried to connnect my bmw. It can't. Then I tried mustang, still no. Anyone working on this? I think this is a very serious bug!

altocumulus likes this.
  2. F_Ike_Ilegbune_ABCl
    Cupcake Feb 7, 2018

F_Ike_Ilegbune_ABCl , Feb 7, 2018 :
    I am connected to my Ford Explorer Sync system, but voice calls are dropping all the time, and streamed music is just losing connection every few seconds.

3. zetapulse
    Froyo Feb 13, 2018

zetapulse , Feb 13, 2018 :
    I'm trying to connect a Bluetooth headset and either I can't find it in the list or it's failing to connect. WELP, GUESS I'M DRIVING WITH ONE HAND

4. kaps77
    Cupcake Feb 13, 2018

kaps77 , Feb 13, 2018 :
    Am unable to stream music after oreo update to my LG soundbar though it is working fine with another bluetooth speaker and a headset. I have tried cache clearing, reboot and changing audio codec. It is showing the LG soundbar as available but unable to pair with it. I tried pairing using LG soundflow app and it pairs and works for 5 minutes and then disconnects.

5. Z1511272979577
    Cupcake Feb 21, 2018

Z1511272979577 , Feb 21, 2018 :
    Yes, I've got the issue. Latest software (V8.0.0 | OxygenOS 5.0.3) . Connects without a problem to my Huawei Watch (allows me to make voice calls etc.) Also connects to my Jabra Bluetooth headphones.

The problem seems to be with car units. I've got a Sony unit in one car and a Mini built-in system in the other car plus a Zenec unit in my campervan.

With my previous phone (LG G4) which my wife is now using the phone remembers the connection and connects. automatically. However with the 5T it shows the device(s) in the list of BT devices. However it doesn't connect automatically. Sometime I can make it connect by NFCing or manually connecting from within the BT settings.
    However, as other people have said I have to do this each time.

6. antidanis
    Gingerbread Feb 21, 2018

antidanis , Feb 21, 2018 :
    I'm having the same issue with my car. It connects then gets choppy, then it drops out in the middle of a phone call, and then it reconnects. Does not happen with other phones. Tried with multiple cars. I reported it as a bug a long time ago. Please help, OnePlus!

OpenRoads likes this.
  7. OpenRoads
    Donut Feb 23, 2018

OpenRoads , Feb 23, 2018 :
    Hi all,
    Same issue with my brand new Range Rover Evoque.
    Connection drops every 5 seconds. Unusable !
    But, I'm able to get music only if I uncheck phone,contact and messaging features (leaving only music).

antidanis likes this.
  8. antidanis
    Gingerbread Feb 23, 2018

OpenRoads likes this.
  9. OVitaliy
    Cupcake Feb 24, 2018

OVitaliy , Feb 24, 2018 :
    I can`t even see any available, when trying to connect my bluetooth 2.1 devices. Please, help !

10. TerryA.
    Eclair Feb 25, 2018

TerryA. , Feb 25, 2018 :
    Anyone getting a screeching noise coming through bluetooth?? I'm getting it ever since the Oreo update on my earphones and car radio. It's sounds like a short for a second. It's brutal.

11. kavindat
    Cupcake Feb 25, 2018

kavindat , Feb 25, 2018 :
    Me also face same kind of issue , sometime 5T got freezing when Bluetooth is switch on , for that case need to power off and switch on the device

12. Xcito
    Donut Mar 1, 2018

Xcito , Mar 1, 2018 :
    Same issue here. Phone is not automatically connecting to my car, Volvo XC60, and when forced it'll drop the connection all the time. My gear S3 won't work either.

antidanis likes this.
  13. antidanis
    Gingerbread Mar 1, 2018

antidanis , Mar 1, 2018 :
    I made a formal bug report. You should do it also in case your issue is different from mine.

Xcito likes this.
  14. d.masselink
    Cupcake Mar 1, 2018

d.masselink , Mar 1, 2018 :
    Ever since the T5 has the update to Android Oreo 8.0, the bluetooth function has a problem with the car audio. The signal is not steady. When leaving the car, the T5 let the music play on the phone speaker.

Isn't possible to give the bluetooth, some commands on the phone?, like;
    - automatic start music when connected tot car;
    - shuffle music automatic or not;
    - when key out of the ignition, stop playing

15. Felipe Rugai
    Cupcake Mar 5, 2018

Felipe Rugai , Mar 5, 2018 :
    I'm also facing the same issue. This is way frustrating. Can't connect with my headphones, speakers or worse, my car. OnePlus I'm a new customer since this Monday and this is being really a bad experience. Please fix this.

16. antidanis
    Gingerbread Mar 7, 2018

antidanis , Mar 7, 2018 :
    POSSIBLE SOLUTION

When I was working on logging my issue for the Bug Hunters team, I discovered a very interesting discovery! If you wipe cache from the stock recovery (not TWRP....has to be stock recovery), it makes a significant improvement. It made 90% of my Bluetooth problems go away....even though I wiped cache after installing 5.0.4 from TWRP.... I installed stock recovery and did this:

1. Turn the phone off
    2. Hold Power and Volume Down
    3. English (or pick any language that you want)
    4. Wipe data & cache
    5. Wipe cache
    6. Yes
    7. Reboot

I didn't think it would work...because I wiped everything from TWRP, but, people, this seems to have fixed my drama. I'll be doing more testing when I get some free time and will submit a log to the buggers if the issues come back. But... so far, so good.

Ishan.Dhawlikar and OpenRoads like this.
  17. V1515013121243
    Cupcake Mar 17, 2018

V1515013121243 , Mar 17, 2018 :
    Have tried all the above but still not able to connect to my beats wireless headphones. Is there an actual solution by OnePlus?

18. OpenRoads
    Donut Mar 17, 2018

OpenRoads , Mar 17, 2018 :
    keepbus posted Antidani, thx

antidanis likes this.
  19. antidanis
    Gingerbread Mar 17, 2018

antidanis , Mar 17, 2018 :
    Hmm, did you try to wipe cache from stock recovery? Exactly the steps I mentioned. Those steps solved my problem and also worked for a few other people.

20. OpenRoads
    Donut Mar 17, 2018

OpenRoads , Mar 17, 2018 :
    I've wiped the cash at start up. It didn't change anything. I am sick of it. I have exactly the same symptoms of a lot of other One+ customers: Bluetooth disconnects every 5 minutes in the car. I am so pissed that I am thinking about digging up my brave Nokia 3310!

antidanis likes this.