Bluetooth issue via OnePlus 5

1. Sanju_Krishna_R
    Gingerbread Dec 11, 2019

Sanju_Krishna_R , via OnePlus 5 , Dec 11, 2019 :
    I have been using the OnePlus 5 for the past few years.
    there's a 1 second audio lag while using a Bluetooth headset for playing games.
    Will there be any solutions for this anytime soon???
    it's only present while playing games ... it's fine while watching videos or other stuffs.
    I have tried different Bluetooth headsets and they all shows the same effect on this phone.
    what to do?

2. Waveform Modifier
    Marshmallow Dec 11, 2019

Waveform Modifier , Dec 11, 2019 :
    Normal. Nothing to be done. Please use search before creating redundant thread. There are hundreds of threads about this.

3. Sanju_Krishna_R
    Gingerbread Dec 11, 2019

why won't they fix this issue ...other phones don't have these kind of issues

4. Waveform Modifier
    Marshmallow Dec 11, 2019

Not a phone issue. It's a codec issue. OnePlus don't create the codec.

5. Sanju_Krishna_R
    Gingerbread Dec 11, 2019

6. Waveform Modifier
    Marshmallow Dec 11, 2019

All phone to some varies degree have this.

7. Sanju_Krishna_R
    Gingerbread Dec 11, 2019

i have tested the Bluetooth headset with other devices ...and they didn't have this much lag .... here it's like 1second delay...

8. Waveform Modifier
    Marshmallow Dec 11, 2019

Not much but likely still there.

Sanju_Krishna_R likes this.
  9. CosmoKramer70
    Jelly Bean Dec 12, 2019

CosmoKramer70 , Dec 12, 2019 :
    saying "it's like" doesn't mean its the same as other devices. like Wavefrom said there is a delay with bluetooth audio with every device. You need to be doing extensive testing in this realm to claim that there is a real problem that needs to be addressed.
    Factory Reset your phone without any sort of applications or data installed, with no SIM cards installed and try the game then and you will see a difference. How do you know that there isnt some sort of backgroud process on your phoens thats causing this delay which feels like its longer than the other devices.
    Are the other devices that you are testing with identical to your OP device? do you have the exact same apps installed? do they have all the same data as your OP device? are they using the exact same provider SIM's? There are so many factors involved when you do your testing. Saying i have tried my headset on other phones which are not identically set up as yours is not a form of testing that anyone would accept.

Also any true gamer knows that wired is the only way to play games on phones. take a leaf out of the pros that do it and you will notice that they NEVER use bluetooth headsets to play games.