Bluetooth Metadata issue on OnePlus 6

1. baolam Cupcake Aug 19, 2018

baolam, Aug 19, 2018 :
    Hello,

I have the OnePlus 6 and I use primarily Spotify (and sometimes DI.FM) to listen to music through Bluetooth in my car.

I have noticed that on occasion, the metadata for song/album/artist either indicates "(Unknown)" or is simply blank for all metadata fields on the infotainment display in my car. Sometimes it actually does display the song/album/artist correctly. So the issue is intermittent. Sometimes the metadata is displayed correctly, sometimes it does not.

Phone details

Model: OnePlus 6 - A6003 (Midnight Black -128GB)
    Oxygen OS Version: 5.1.11
    Android OS Version: 8.1.0
    Android Security Patch Level: July 1, 2018

Car
    Model: Lexus IS 350 (F-Sport Series 3)
    Year: 2017

This model has the Mark Levinson Sound System if it makes a difference.

I have included some pictures of what info is visible on the infotainment screen when the metadata is working or not.

1534714082989.jpg
    - First picture is when it is working properly and metadata is displayed correctly

1534714083145.jpg
    - Second picture is when the metadata isn't read properly and all fields display "(Unknown)"

1534714083292.jpg
    - Third picture is when the metadata isn't read properly and all fields are blank.

Please note that I have also tested the same OnePlus 6 device when connected to a 2017 Toyota Corolla and I get similar results. I t appears the metadata display is random when it works or doesn't work.

Any help in determining why I see this intermittent issue when the OnePlus 6 device is connected to a car stereo via Bluetooth would be awesome.

Thanks.

2. hahaha2223 Jelly Bean Aug 19, 2018

3. baolam Cupcake Aug 19, 2018

baolam, Aug 19, 2018 :
    I'm also having the same issue using the DI.FM radio app. so I don't think the issue is specific to Spotify.

I've also used Spotify and DI.FM radio on a BlackBerry PRIV in the past with the Lexus. I had a different Bluetooth issue with that phone. The Bluetooth would not always connect and I would occasionally have to remove the Bluetooth connection and re-pair the device with the car. However, when the BlackBerry PRIV did connect, the metadata would show up just fine on the car's infotainment display.

4. nabbed Honeycomb Aug 20, 2018

nabbed, Aug 20, 2018 :
    0-60 6sec. Weak car.

Kytharsis likes this.
  5. formidible Froyo Dec 27, 2018

formidible, Dec 27, 2018 :
    Try changing the AVRPC codec in developer options to 1.3. To access developer options tap on the build version in "about phone" about 5 times. You will then be able to access developer options in system > developer options.

6. quickstang Eclair Mar 6, 2019

quickstang, Mar 6, 2019 :
    I know this is a little old, but any other ideas to get this to work? I've got a 6T, changed to 1.3, but nothing. The funny thing is, my 5T had no issues displaying the metadata on my Traverse. All I get with my 6T is "Bluetooth Audio" displayed across the dash.

This is driving me crazy considering it worked with my 5T.

7. formidible Froyo Mar 9, 2019

formidible, Mar 9, 2019 :
    I don't think it's random. For me rebooting the phone means metadata will re-appear in my car, until that is I leave the car and go back. Metadatsa has disappeared again. Only rebooti g the phone seems to temporarily restore it. Still extremely annoying.

8. Marciano73 Eclair Mar 9, 2019

9. formidible Froyo Mar 9, 2019

formidible, Mar 9, 2019 :
    No. I'm talking about the latest Pie version. The initial update to Pie is when all this started happening.

10. rebry Cupcake Mar 21, 2019

rebry, Mar 21, 2019 :
    I've got a oneplus 6t with the latest version of android pie and the issue still happens. When I first got the phone, the metadata used to display properly on my BMW 3 series but after a while it just said "Various artists - Bluetooth". This happens for youtube, soundcloud, spotify. My iphone 7 does not have any issues displaying the meta properly.
    I have tried everything. Changed the AVRPC codec in developer options. Restarted the phone. Disconnected it. Nothing works. I didn't really expect this from Oneplus

11. formidible Froyo Mar 21, 2019

formidible, Mar 21, 2019 :
    Exactly the same problem on my BMW i3.

12. dorisulaj Cupcake Apr 3, 2019

dorisulaj, Apr 3, 2019 :
    Hi I am having exactly the same problem. Any long term fixes yet?

Thanks in advance!

13. snke Froyo Apr 3, 2019

snke, Apr 3, 2019 :
    same issue with pie 9.0.4 and unconnected system of Lancia Ypsilon

14. B1556781323293 Cupcake May 2, 2019

B1556781323293, May 2, 2019 :
    Any solution for this from Oneplus?

Got the same problem with 5t and BMW 320F31. No metadata with Spotify and some mediaplayers from store that I tested. Because of this, can't change songs with buttons in car. Need to do it using the phone. But works with Google Music.

Phone is up to date.
    This issue does not occur with Samsung and iPhones.

There are quite a lot of topics on this issue, going back to 2017. Up to this point really liked my 1+, but this is annoying.
    Please find a solution for this. Would like to replace 5t with newer one at some point.

15. der.hias Cupcake May 9, 2019

der.hias, May 9, 2019 :
    I have the same issue with my BMW 5 series from 2014. OnePlus 5t and 6t since Android 8, also with Android 9.
    Bluetooth connection with audio playback works but media browsing does not work. Also the display of titles does not work. This problem occurs with Spotify and the podcast app antenna pod. Google music works. Changing the version of the AVRCP protocol does not help. It is really annoying... It works fine with my Samsung galaxy S9+

16. T1552241035985 Cupcake May 9, 2019

T1552241035985, May 9, 2019 :
    I have the same issue with my OP6T (Beta 9) in my Jeep Compass Limited 2017, but everything is fine in my Honda Civic Touring 2018...
    this only happens with my OP6T, using Spotify. everything is fine with my wife's Galaxy S9+ and daughters' iPhone 7.
    also noticed that when this issue is happening, the album art Spotify wallpaper does not show in my lockscreen, I get only the Spotify notification.
    Have already reported it as a bug, as I believe it started in Beta 7 (when I got in Beta Program)...
    it REALLY bothers me...

17. jamesyerlertt Cupcake May 16, 2019

jamesyerlertt, May 16, 2019 :
    I have the same issue since the Pie update. Since the update from Oreo to Pie, I'm now unable to change tracks on Spotify using the steering wheel controls or via the iDrive system in my BMW 4 Series. In addition I don't get any metadata displayed on my display in the car. I have tried changing the AVRCP versions in developer mode but to no avail.

It's annoying to the point that it worked fine with Oreo but is useless with Pie. Can you please reinstate this mandatory functionality? It's the only downside to the phone.

18. JamesRowley Cupcake May 31, 2019

JamesRowley, May 31, 2019 :
    I've got the same issue on my 7 Pro. Kind of annoying as I really like the phone after having a Samsung for years, but this is a big issue for me. I've tried updating the car (2014 BMW F31) but still get the issue

19. Thomas_Eikeland Cupcake Jun 7, 2019

Thomas_Eikeland, Jun 7, 2019 :
    OP6 - version: A6003_22_190528. I have got the exact same issue with my Mercedes Benz C-class 2016 modell. No metdata shown. Does not help changing AVRPC without success. Works fine with iPhone.

This is a critical error for me because I drive several hours per day. Please fix this as soon as possible.

20. Nashzotic Cupcake Jun 17, 2019

Nashzotic, Jun 17, 2019 :
    Im using OP6, when i 1st got my phone, my car Toyota player (Sony XAV68BT) shows the info from my Spotify. However after some time, cant recall when, the song info disappeared but the Bluetooth is still working fine. I have tried using a few other phones (iphone7, samsung) the info shows. Just my OP6 doesnt....its really annoying. I have tried my OP6 with Spotify on other cars players(mazda &honda) as well, the info shows. So now im not sure isit the player is at fault or android or the phone....