Bluetooth Streaming doesnt work properly on OnePlus 3T

1. adityarikame
    Froyo Jan 6, 2017

adityarikame , Jan 6, 2017 :
    Bluetooth Streaming doesnt work properly on OnePlus 3T.Most of the times it skips audio while playing .Very sad that phone of this capability is not able to stream music properly

2. seganaUK
    Gingerbread Jan 6, 2017

seganaUK , Jan 6, 2017 :
    I use Bluetooth headphones (SoundPeats...not expensive) with my 3T pretty much all day long every day (except when charging them). I've been using Google Play Music to stream music, I'm in the process of maybe switching to Spotify so testing that out at the minute to stream music. I also watch a lot of YouTube videos and every lunchtime stream Netflix videos...the audio quality is great everytime. There's the typical bluetooth interference issues that most Bluetooth devices suffer from with streaming audio, but that's all.

Perhaps you need to do some troubleshooting of your own, or speak to support before creating a post slamming the OnePlus 3T for an audio issue that is actually more than likely localised to your own device and could be due to the streaming services you're using, the quality of the bluetooth speaker/headphones you're using or even environmental factors.

Tokolozi, otto2, adityarikame and 2 others like this.
  3. zpam
    Donut Jan 6, 2017

zpam , Jan 6, 2017 :
    It happens to me as well, sometimes while using any Bluetooth speaker after a while of streaming music with spotify it starts to pause itself or skip tidbits of songs, to solve it i power off my speaker, turn off Bluetooth, close spotify.

Just connect everything back on and that solves the problem, I'm almost certain that it's either a Spotify fault or my wifi.

adityarikame and seganaUK like this.
  4. Oneplusseidl
    Cupcake Jan 6, 2017

Oneplusseidl , Jan 6, 2017 :
    I use Bluetooth to connect the 3t with my Samsung loudspeakers and it works great also with spotify. I also was surprised by the reach. Devices can be a good 5 to 6 m away from each other before beginning to Interrupt.

5. nguyenson91hp
    Cupcake Jan 6, 2017

nguyenson91hp , Jan 6, 2017 :
    I also have this problem, It seems that everytime I use Chrome or tasks related to Internet, the BT connection is interrupted

6. gubro
    KitKat Jan 6, 2017

gubro , Jan 6, 2017 :
    I do not have problem with the bluetooth generally. I don't think it is fair to make a general statement when it well might be user error or third party problem.

7. jmossman
    Donut Jan 6, 2017

jmossman , Jan 6, 2017 :
    I'm having issues connecting to a Garmin 520 - it seems to connect but then a cursor appears on the screen and starts moving. This also includes widgets and screens! Very very strange.

8. adityarikame
    Froyo Jan 9, 2017

adityarikame , Jan 9, 2017 :
    I tried to use this on My Sony Home Theater Speakers,Bose Portable Speaker and i dont think either of them have quality issues .Earlier i was using an Mi device which used to work perfectly with these devices

9. iNtEnSePL
    KitKat Jan 9, 2017

iNtEnSePL , Jan 9, 2017 :
    I use OP3T with ONKYO TX-NR636 and all works just fine. Tidal works, everything else works...

10. bmxbash
    Cupcake Jan 9, 2017

11. TweakIt
    Honeycomb Jan 9, 2017

TweakIt , Jan 9, 2017 :
    Filed a bug report yet?
    Did you do a factory reset after updating?

If not, please do so.

Cheers :)

otto2 likes this.
  12. Alex_Kress
    Cupcake Jan 9, 2017

Alex_Kress , Jan 9, 2017 :
    Somewhat different issue after upgrade to 7.0. Phone and car show that the audio is playing but no sound. There is a way to fix it by going to Bluetooth settings for the pair connection, un-checking "Media audio" and then checking it again. Needs to be done every time the car is started. Please try to see if this will work for you.

13. Davidss
    Cupcake Jan 10, 2017

Davidss , Jan 10, 2017 :
    I have had the Bluetooth issue listed in this thread as well. My OP3 was perfect.

Alex_cress - I just got your bug as well after updating. No audio over Bluetooth. I will try your workaround.

adityarikame likes this.
  14. theslimshadyist
    Jelly Bean Jan 10, 2017

theslimshadyist , Jan 10, 2017 :
    Try switching to another source in your car and then go back to BT audio. I often have to do this in my car and this happens with all of the different android and IOS devices I own.

15. Krishna2142
    Honeycomb Jan 12, 2017

Krishna2142 , Jan 12, 2017 :
    @Crystal Z. this is the bluetooth issue i messaged you. skipping songs on almost all headsets and speaker. May be device issue or software issue ?

16. anand.daswani84
    Cupcake Jan 24, 2017

anand.daswani84 , Jan 24, 2017 :
    I also have the same issue with Bluetooth audio skipping over a variety of different apps and devices (Bluetooth headphones, car stereo, etc).
    I've noticed that it happens at about 48 hrs of uptime on the phone. A phone restart seems to fix the issue temporarily.

How can we get this on the radar, by calling in support and filing a ticket?

17. brandeis
    Cupcake May 7, 2017

brandeis , May 7, 2017 :
    My OnePlus 3T connect my Pebble, Prius-car and other trackers with bluetooth but it does not connect to my VanMoof electrified S bike........strange phone !

18. G_Sarbjeet_Singh_sEaX
    Cupcake May 7, 2017

19. Avatar7
    Cupcake May 8, 2017

+1
    Same issue, was hoping Open Beta 6 would fix this but doesn't seem like its fixed yet. :(

20. karthikg2007
    Cupcake May 8, 2017

karthikg2007 , May 8, 2017 :
    I also have a Jabra Halo Smart which is connected to OnePlus 3T when the bluetooth device is connected to 2 devices (Macbook and OnePlus 3T) the audio playing through the phone is stuttered/skips a beat which is very uncomfortable to hear.
    When the device is connected to just the OnePlus it seems to work fine for most part