Bluetooth streaming: metadata and media control

1. simpleisgood Cupcake Jun 14, 2019

simpleisgood, Jun 14, 2019 :
    Got my 7 Pro and I noticed with disappointment that just like my older Oneplus 5, media played over bluetooth (ie in Spotify) does not show what song is being played on the screen in the car.

All other non-Oneplus paired phones (iPhones, Samsungs) work as expected - showing the song being played and also allowing for control of the media from the car controls.
    This worked in this car before very well on my older Oneplus 5 and after some update it stopped working. On my new Oneplus 7 Pro it also doesn't work.

I even wiped my phone clean - I paired it and it worked fine until Bluetooth reconnection with the unit.
    Both of my Oneplus phones (5 and 7 Pro) are affected identically.

This is one of my most used features as radio stations play crap. I see a LOT of people have this problem dating back to 2017 - when will this be fixed?

2. biza Cupcake Aug 16, 2019

biza, Aug 16, 2019 :
    I have the same problem with oneplus 5 and really need a solution for this issue. This worked fine with this phone before but after some update my car says streaming instead of artist/song in spotify. Other phones works fine for me aswell so if there are no fix for this I will change phone and stop using ONEPLUS :(