Network/Connectivity Bluetooth turns off 10 times a day since last update

1. antoinerev
    Froyo Sep 9, 2016

antoinerev , Sep 9, 2016 :
    Hi all,

I love my OPX but I left my moto 360 (v2) home in August for my vacations after wearing it everyday for months without BT problems.
    When I came back I updated my OPX as requested (had a notification for a couple of weeks but didn't want to do it away from home with shitty internet). I started wearing my moto 360 again and since the BT connection stops like 10 times a day without any evident pattern (it just turned off now while I was typing this).
    This is obviously very annoying, rendering my moto 360 pretty useless because I basically need to take my phone out to turn BT on again each time I need to do anything else than check the time!
    I read several threads on BT problems but all seemed different from this (car connection needing third party software or wifi DL speed with BT on).

Bluetooth turns on manually on the phone, no problem. I tried resetting the watch, repairing both, rebooting the phone, etc. The watch works perfectly otherwise, wifi saves the day when home!).

Please any advice appreciated.

2. Kéno40
    Jelly Bean Sep 9, 2016

3. pablofg1978
    Nougat Head Moderator Sep 9, 2016

4. antoinerev
    Froyo Sep 9, 2016

Thanks and sorry for the confusion

pablofg1978 likes this.
  5. antoinerev
    Froyo Sep 9, 2016

6. antoinerev
    Froyo Sep 9, 2016

I just tested the WiFi/BT interférence after posting this message by turning off the WiFi on the OPX. BT has not turned off since, so that tends to point to that... This is really annoying because I need WiFi home to be connected to my sound system and NAS...

7. Kéno40
    Jelly Bean Sep 9, 2016

Kéno40 , Sep 9, 2016 :
    Try to reflash over full 2.2.2 Rom.
    Maybe changing kernel could help. BS was OK on mine but I don't use BT. Maybe some other users in your case could tell if they have the problem with an other kernel.

antoinerev likes this.
  8. antoinerev
    Froyo Sep 14, 2016

9. antoinerev
    Froyo Oct 14, 2016

antoinerev , Oct 14, 2016 :
    Just for followup I installed OxygenOS 3.1.3 and it is same same but different. Very unpredictable, sometimes stays on almost a full day (but never an actuel full day), sometimes it goes off again seconds after I manually put it ON...
    So will do a factory reset and reinstall but it's always a PITA. Will report

10. antoinerev
    Froyo Oct 17, 2016

antoinerev , Oct 17, 2016 :
    OK so after a factory reset I reinstalled OxygenOS 3.1.3 and it works fine. What I noticed is when I reinstalled Android Wear on the phone it asked my permission to always run in the background, overridding battery saving rules. It didn't ask me for that permission before, even when I reinstalled Wear before the factory reset. So that was the trick. Thanks @Kéno40

Kéno40 likes this.
  11. $urya
    Eclair Oct 17, 2016

$urya , Oct 17, 2016 :
    Unable to format SD card while trying to use the SD card as primary memory.