Bluetooth volume control problem

1. sharkhark
    Gingerbread Sep 13, 2016

sharkhark , Sep 13, 2016 :
    Hi I have a factory stock (don't want to root too many steps) phone.
    Bought a new Marley bluetooth speaker that unlike the one I own at my small business (Sony brand @ work) will connect bluetooth but won't adjust volume.

Volume looks on phone like it's moving up & down but volume stays constant.
    I've searched & searched the net for help. Searched oneplus topics. Closest I can find is a reference to a change in bluetooth on the last android version that has a bug but am not sure if related.

Any help? I bought & returned thinking I got a bad Marley but same issue. It has awesome sound so I don't want to buy another bluetooth speaker.

I've downloaded many apps from play bluetooth wise thinking maybe it would help.

Nope.

Please help! (Ps my ios loving wife can connect & adjust & laughs at me saying "get an iPhone it just works". Arrrgh!

2. Yupet
    Honeycomb Sep 14, 2016

Yupet , Sep 14, 2016 :
    Hi, okay when iPhones are working the only thing that would be nice to know is, if your OPO is working with other bluetooth speakers. Are you able to test that?

3. gary.grung
    Cupcake Sep 19, 2016

gary.grung , Sep 19, 2016 :
    Hi, I am finding the same thing. I have tried two different Bluetooth headphone and the sound is very low, even though the volume is set to max on the phone and headphones... HOW CAN I INCREASE THE VOLUM AS I CANT HEAR IT ON THE UNDERGROUND TRAINS...

4. sharkhark
    Gingerbread Sep 28, 2016

sharkhark , Sep 28, 2016 :
    Yes. I own a small business and have a Sony speaker that it connects to and allows volume to go up and down and I own a small Bluetooth for the beach that is a generic & it connects and allows full volume control.

But the new Marley I bought only allows connection then you can try & raise or lower but it doesn't change. Only if I lower completely it turns off sound at bottom but doesn't actually lower if you know what I mean.

Exchanged the Marley thinking that was the issue but it was not that and iPhone works.

Something is up in the oneplus or in the last update that messed up bluetooth.

Any suggestions other than returning a product I love the sound of?

5. Yupet
    Honeycomb Sep 29, 2016

Yupet , Sep 29, 2016 :
    I know what you mean, but if the phone is working on other phones I got no clue what it could be.
    Maybe try to install a new OS on your phone, that would be the only option if you really want to keep that marley. Try CM13 or COS or OOS (depends on what you've installed right now)

6. sharkhark
    Gingerbread Sep 29, 2016

sharkhark , Sep 29, 2016 :
    I've got the stock OS I haven't had the nerve to root if it eat one or 2 steps maybe but so many different items to ensure so I'm stock.
    I think the last Google update started this problem is my guess. Searching the net found others with nexus phones who had units that worked with bluetooth then didn't after one of the last updates.

Yupet likes this.
  7. G_Hugo_Meneses_rOcc
    Donut Aug 3, 2017

DailySmokersNL and TheMindy2011 like this.
  8. sharkhark
    Gingerbread Aug 25, 2017

sharkhark , Aug 25, 2017 :
    I am not on the forums regularly and just read your reply.
    I don't understand where your option to toggle is?

On my oneplus one I have the developer options enabled on my non rooted phone & there's absolutely no option showing in the developers options as showing in your screenshot.
    Looked forever nothing labeled that

9. TheMindy2011
    Eclair Jan 20, 2018

10. DailySmokersNL
    Cupcake Jan 9, 2019

DailySmokersNL , Jan 9, 2019 :
    Even though it's been a while since u posted this. It really helped me as I've been struggling with the same issue. Had to Google search how to turn on the developer options but figured it out. I've been able to fix the issue on my Sony XZ premuim, my friends Samsung Galaxy S9 and my dad's Samsung J5 2017. Tnx for sharing.✌

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019