Blurry photo on One Plus 8T via OnePlus 8T

1. Amey Shevade
    Cupcake Oct 22, 2020

Amey Shevade , via OnePlus 8T , Oct 22, 2020 :
    Hello ,

Recently I've brought One Plus 8T. After clicking some images I've observed clicked images are blurry with both of the cameras (front & back) with full configuration.
    Is there anything I'm missing in settings or this device clicks similar blurry pictures ?
    I'm bit disappointed with camera picture outputs.

Regards
    Amey

pinnikasreedhar likes this.
  2. orrere
    Cupcake Nov 23, 2020

3. itsfun24x7
    Cupcake Nov 29, 2020

itsfun24x7 , Nov 29, 2020 :
    On the same boat. Photo quality for the 8t seems really bad compared to my 2 year old 6t (especially indoor or low light conditions). I am on T-Mobile version of both.

4. orrere
    Cupcake Nov 30, 2020

5. cdnfarmer
    Photography Expert Community Expert Dec 2, 2020

cdnfarmer , Dec 2, 2020 :
    Hi There,

Could you please provide a bit more details (like conditions lights etc, modes used)? And examples?

Here are a few things that I noticed with the Nord vs the 6. Ok I know it's not the same phones but they fall into similar categories. The Nord and 8T have their cameras on the side and similar set up vs 6 and 6T in the middle and dual cameras. I'm saying this because I found the following with the Nord that made a big difference in producing clear vs blurry pictures.
    1. The time for pictures to be saved to the device is slower on the Nord. It takes about 0.5 sec more than the 6. Have to stay put without moving at least 0.30 seconds longer. If you move even slightly, it will be captured in the picture.
    2. As the cameras on the side, tilt the phone left or right to get the proper focus point and distance. Not with the 6 and 6T tilting the phone back and forth helped get the proper focus point.
    3. With the Nord I found tapping the screen to get focus sometimes works but lock the focal point otherwise the OIS seems to o keep trying to find the focal point.
    I know that the first 2 points were initially a source of frustrations till I figured them out and found ways to deal with it. Have a look and see if it helps you.

6. Nehalkumar45
    Cupcake Feb 15, 2021

Nehalkumar45 , via OnePlus 8T , Feb 15, 2021 :
    Hello ,

Dear OnePlus I seen several comments regarding this issue about blurry image on selfie mode or haze recently I purchased 8t 3 4 days ago and now I noticed in video cal and selfie that this is worst before I used 6t that phone have better camera quality of selfie compare to this 8t .
    Can anyone help to how I fix this problem I have to go service center or I have to wait for and update .

7. StefanStark
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 17, 2021

StefanStark , via OnePlus 8T Aquamarine Green , Feb 17, 2021 :
    Have you put on any third-party screen protector?

This may cause such issues too.

8. Iamhashimnaqvi
    Gingerbread Feb 20, 2021

9. Iamhashimnaqvi
    Gingerbread Feb 20, 2021

11. DarshanMeniya
    Jelly Bean Feb 21, 2021

DarshanMeniya , Feb 21, 2021 :
    While capturing a photo wait for some times to auto focus or you acn manually focus on perticular area buy taping on screen and wait unit it goes green and take clicks and also make sure that you have disable macro mode. Thank you

12. Amogchilupuri
    Froyo Feb 21, 2021

13. rizwanqureshi786
    Gingerbread Feb 21, 2021

rizwanqureshi786 , via OnePlus 8T , Feb 21, 2021 :
    I have notice that many users are complaining regarding camera quality. I have also notice little bit poor quality in portrait mood in back camera. Oneplus need to solve this issue.

14. psygarden , via OnePlus 8T Aquamarine Green , Feb 21, 2021 :
    For me it's in 2x zoom. The picture quality in 1x zoom level is very good.

15. DarshanMeniya
    Jelly Bean Feb 22, 2021

DarshanMeniya , Feb 22, 2021 :
    First make sure that your camera lens are clean.

Second, Please tap on screen while capturing a photo and wait until it turns green and wait for sometimes to get focus and take photos.

If it still doesn't work then you can submit your feedback here: https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/

16. shahi14323
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 22, 2021