Blurry Pictures via OnePlus 9 Pro

1. SailingLion
    Eclair Jan 9, 2022

SailingLion , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jan 9, 2022 :
    Hi, I was wondering if I'm the only one experiencing this, but lateley I get alot of blurry pictures with the OP9 Pro when an object or subject is moving, like people's heads, hands etc..I can't remember it being like this when I first got the phone (haven't taken picture in a while)..is this because of an update or is their a fix? Cheers

2. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Jan 9, 2022

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro Morning Mist , Jan 9, 2022 :
    Are you on 12 now? Sure the pictures are taken under similar circumstances? The less light you get the harder moving objects will be to capture. Some situations may therefor be a bit challenging for auto mode to handle.

3. LowDown2020
    Donut Jan 14, 2022

LowDown2020 , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jan 14, 2022 :
    Same thing was happening to me with my 9 Pro. Make sure you turn on HD mode that's hidden in the settings. I have no clue why it's off by default which makes pictures blurry.
    1642128229809.jpg

4. SailingLion
    Eclair Jan 21, 2022

SailingLion , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jan 21, 2022 :
    Is it the setting highlighted in orange? Because for some strange reason it was disabled here too then 🤷🏻‍♂️

5. SailingLion
    Eclair Jan 21, 2022

6. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Jan 21, 2022

Swejuggalo , Jan 21, 2022 :
    Tried with HDR off? More light? With flash?

7. SailingLion
    Eclair Jan 21, 2022

I have all settings enabled, outdoors under natural lighting doesn't seem to be much of a problem. Problem seems to be indoors.

8. Swejuggalo

So it seems to be light related then. Maybe auto HDR does not turn off when it should. Or some light sources can be challenging.
    Less light needs more time snap the picture. The more they move the more the camera needs to be adjust to compensate for the movement and poor lightning. Guessing wrong settings and all auto modes will fail in sharp photos.

9. SailingLion
    Eclair Jan 21, 2022

It's weird that I don't see anyone else complaining, surely it can't be an issue on my phone alone, like I said I can't remember having this problem earlier on, it really messes up pictures. Pictures under artificial lighting indoors seem just bad overall, they look kinda cartoonish..

10. Swejuggalo

Without seeing the location and lights it's hard to know how tricky a photo could be. The finished results may be far from what the eyes see.
    Do you use flash in auto mode?

11. SailingLion
    Eclair Jan 22, 2022

SailingLion , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jan 22, 2022 :
    I took some outdoor pictures today, and most of them the phone captured perfectly, even when the object was moving, there was one image that had 1 blurry part, which is also weird because we were both moving, I will add it then u also know what I mean with blurry, it's like the camera didn't snap the picture fast enough or something so in this case it looks like his feet were still moving, while my foot looks perfectly still, yet I was also in motion..It's really weird.
    1642864020017.jpg

12. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Jan 22, 2022

Swejuggalo , Jan 22, 2022 :
    Auto HDR tried to guess if HDR should be on or off based on the scenario. HDR uses more processing is isn't optimal for all cases.
    https://lifehacker.com/what-is-hdr-and-when-should-i-use-it-in-my-photos-5991508

So this and less optimal lightning can cause issues.

SailingLion likes this.