Boormgr is missing

1. Jartiel
    Gingerbread Jan 27, 2015

Jartiel , Jan 27, 2015 :
    Just yesterday, my computer crashed and when I restarted it, this error showed up"boormgr is missing." I tried using the startup repair and I also tried using the bootrec commands, but none of them worked. Need help. Please :(

2. ClicheUsername
    Jelly Bean Jan 27, 2015

3. Jartiel
    Gingerbread Jan 27, 2015

4. ubermanx
    Gingerbread Jan 27, 2015

ubermanx , Jan 27, 2015 :
    Bootmgr? Yes definitely we need to know what OS and version you are running.

5. ClicheUsername
    Jelly Bean Jan 27, 2015

6. tyler539
    Jelly Bean Jan 27, 2015

tyler539 , Jan 27, 2015 :
    Make a startup repair disk bro.

7. ubermanx
    Gingerbread Jan 27, 2015

ubermanx , Jan 27, 2015 :
    Make sure you have no CD in the drive, no USB drives connected and no floppy if you still have one.

Sometimes the BIOS is set to boot off USB and you might have a flash drive connected.

8. ClicheUsername
    Jelly Bean Jan 27, 2015

9. ClicheUsername
    Jelly Bean Jan 27, 2015

10. vdd65
    Jelly Bean Jan 27, 2015

vdd65 , Jan 27, 2015 :
    Did you have partition the drive?

If you cannot access the Repair console by tapping F8 during bootup, then You will need the System Repair CD to use Diskpart commands to mark the Win7 partition active again, then possibly need to run Startup Repair up to 3 times with reboots to repair MBR.

Boot Repair CD, open a Command line and type this to set Win7 active again:

DISKPART
    LIST DISK
    SELECT DISK # (# for Win7 disk)
    LIST PARTITION
    SELECT PARTITION # (# for Win7 partition, or 100mb System Reserved partition if you have it)
    ACTIVE
    EXIT

http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/article.php?id=411

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015

11. T3STY
    Honeycomb Jan 27, 2015

T3STY , Jan 27, 2015 :
    Insert the windows installation DVD and get to and interactive command prompt (choose repair PC, then choose the console option). Then type:
    bootrec /fixMbr
    this will make the installation DVD write the boot sector from scratch. Now type:
    bootrec /FIXBOOT
    This will search for a valid Windows Vista or 7 installation and re-create the boot record needed to start it up. If FIXBOOT fails, type:
    bootrec /ScanOs
    It will scan the hard drives for all installed (and dectable by Windows) OSs, and will let you choose which to save as active OSs for booting into.

Should all the above fail, you have your last chance:
    bootrec /RebuildBcd
    This is a mix of ScanOs and FIXBOOT. It will scan all the available (and dectable by Windows) OSs, and add them ALL to the boot list so you can choose which to boot at startup (if you only had Windows 7, only that will be added to the list). This last command should never fail if (important boot) data on the hard drive is not corrupted or recoverable.

12. Jartiel
    Gingerbread Jan 27, 2015

Jartiel , Jan 27, 2015 :
    Well now I have error 0xc0000098... :( I wish I have a bigger clue with what I'm doing