Other Boosting the capabilities of the Alert slider!

1. BBestNL
    Donut Mar 12, 2020

BBestNL , Mar 12, 2020 :
    A full customizable alert slider would be the best option.
    My preference: Ringtone / Do not disturb / Flight Mode or Silent

Make it customizable in stead of a fixed option.

YRJ and E1573494969086 like this.
  2. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Mar 12, 2020

YRJ , Mar 12, 2020 :
    That's the idea ;)

3. Mortin9
    Eclair Mar 13, 2020

Mortin9 , Mar 13, 2020 :
    It could be used to play or stop music. It would have 2 positions:
    1. Stop
    2. Play
    3. Stop
    The gestures are ok, but you have to take your mobile out of your trousers.
    Think about It :)

Attached Files:

4. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Mar 13, 2020

YRJ , Mar 13, 2020 :
    so I've been having this issue lately, last time, in the middle of the lecture I inadvertently did something that caused audio to play on my phone, due in an app in a remote universe. Unfortunately, clearing all the recents did not help. I did not find the trouble making app. I was really embarrassed and had to apologize. But if we could use the top most position of "all sounds off" I could save myself from being embarrassed again. :oops:

5. Mortin9
    Eclair Mar 13, 2020

Mortin9 , Mar 13, 2020 :
    I meant that they could set an option that could let you choosing what would the alert slider be use for: music, vibration-sound..., as the request says; save battery...

6. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Mar 13, 2020

YRJ , Mar 13, 2020 :
    I understood, what you meant. My request is different, I quoted you in error,apologies :oops:

7. Mortin9
    Eclair Mar 13, 2020

Mortin9 , Mar 13, 2020 :
    ok, no problem 🙃

8. Deactivated User
    Mar 13, 2020

9. Gary C.
    OxygenOS Product Lead Staff Member Mar 19, 2020

Stickied Post
    Gary C. , Mar 19, 2020 :
    [Not Adopted]

Hi YRJ, thank you for taking the time to share your idea with us, again.

It's a nice idea to use the Alert Slider to switch among states that are not sound profiles. This idea can be useful if, for example, the users need to switch between something frequently.

However, using a hardware slider also disables the ability that allows users to switch the states via the software User Interface (UI), or allowing our system to do the switch automatically on specific conditions (e.g. to switch battery saver by schedule).

The slider may indicate the wrong state once it's changed by software, for example, and that's why not all types of states can be handled by a hardware slider.

Even though it's not on our roadmap right now, we would love to explore more possibilities around the Alert Slider. Please keep the ideas coming!

Learn more about how your Idea flows within OnePlus

10. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Mar 19, 2020

YRJ , Mar 19, 2020 :
    Hello @Gary C.

Thank you for looking into the idea for the second time :p While it is disappointing that my idea wasn't adopted I'm happy that I chose to Never Settle and kept pushing the idea.
    Is still am of the thought that the Alert slider is a very useful hardware button and will help users simply many other tasks, maybe in the future? Let's hope that you find a workaround that will support the idea of a burdenless operating system.

Until then, I will never Settle :D ;)

Regards,
    Y

manuel19 and Helder_DAlmeida like this.
  11. Chiranjit Das
    Gingerbread Mar 20, 2020

Chiranjit Das , via OnePlus 7T , Mar 20, 2020 :
    this is the great idea among the specific needs..
    we want the feature.. thanks OnePlus 🤗

YRJ likes this.
  12. F1571347766834
    Donut Mar 20, 2020

F1571347766834 , Mar 20, 2020 :
    I would love the idea of ring, vibrate, & a flashlight mode.
    I used to own the Moto Z3 & gosh do I miss the chop chop gesture.

13. HariomRajgor
    Froyo Mar 20, 2020

HariomRajgor , via OnePlus 7T , Mar 20, 2020 :
    namaste sir,
    nice thread.
    I want to ask you 1 question that where or when is this battery diet fiction will hit our OnePlus any idea?
    I need that cool feature that can save me if im in any trouble and if i forgot my lovely red cable charger.

YRJ likes this.
  14. N1543267098402
    Froyo Mar 20, 2020

YRJ likes this.
  15. Md_Robin
    Donut Mar 20, 2020

Md_Robin , Mar 20, 2020 :
    Alert Slider is the one of the best feature of OnePlus devices... it is pretty strate to what it made for and it is almost perfect... but it need little customize ability... I wish the middle switch is the ringing profile, top and bottom switch should silent and vibrate profile...

16. viva_la_tko , via OnePlus 6T Midnight Black , Mar 21, 2020 :
    Such a shame OnePlus, such a shame. This could easily be the greatest feature that was presented and you threw it away. If we go to settings> Buttons & gestures> Alert slider, we could see there are no option of customising alert slider. Alert slider is now good but with more features it coul make OnePlus literally the greatest phone. I was not so exited for this feature because the presenter recommend a poor use of alert slider. I would only be happy if a presenter came up with a simple new feature like changing the ring mode to alert slider up and slient to alert slider down. If you are playing a game, with an alert slider you can quickly change from game mode to fnatic mode and reverse (this is just an example). You missed a great opportunity, this unique OnePlus hardware is good but it could be better and right now you missed the opportunity. By seeing this non interest in such a good feature that was given to you by your own user, I am greatly disappointed.

YRJ likes this.
  17. Jlsantiago89
    Donut Mar 21, 2020

Jlsantiago89 , Mar 21, 2020 :
    I like the alert slider as it is. Everything that's being requested (wifi control, do not disturb, power saving, etc) I can adjusted from the drag down menu. Changing sound profiles, not so much. I'd prefer the alert slider to stay as it is, personally. Simplicity is king.

F1571347766834 and superplus like this.
  18. mahtab1900
    Gingerbread Mar 22, 2020

19. arun047
    Froyo Mar 22, 2020

arun047 , via OnePlus 5T , Mar 22, 2020 :
    @YRJ
    Do you have 9GAG app?
    Sometimes it does this kind of issue in the background If you minimize the app.

20. NateDev
    Honeycomb Mar 22, 2020

NateDev , Mar 22, 2020 :
    This is valid reasoning, as users could get confused and the slider could be in the wrong spot because the software has changed it, but it seems like there's an easy fix. If the user really wanted to toggle battery saver with the hardware alert slider, a message could display (once you select battery saver for a certain position of the slider) saying software controls will be disabled for the given toggle.

For example, if I choose to enable Do Not Disturb with the Alert Slider instead of Silent, it would tell me that Do Not Disturb software controls are disabled, and the quick toggle for DND would be greyed out. Sound profiles can still be the default - in fact, sound profiles are only not an issue like other options are (like battery saver) because OOS doesn't have software controls for Silent or Vibrate.

However, what about simply enabling more customization of the order of the settings, like putting silent on the bottom instead of the top, among others?

I hope this idea can be reconsidered.

YRJ likes this.