Bootloader

1. kadiix
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 29, 2016

Ahsey0 likes this.
  2. Hogyoku
    Donut Jul 29, 2016

Hogyoku , Jul 29, 2016 :

I think you mean lock, I dont think its a problem as lock as you stay on the stock rom. but i see no reason why you would want that ? if somthing would go wrong at least you could reflash twrp

3. kadiix
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 29, 2016

kadiix , Jul 29, 2016 :
    Because I have a warning message on the start

4. SergiuszJasper
    Honeycomb Jul 29, 2016

SergiuszJasper , Jul 29, 2016 :
    and how often do u restart ur phone for this to be an issue...i say leave it open just in case of an issue.

kadiix likes this.
  5. obiwan+
    Honeycomb Jul 30, 2016

obiwan+ , Jul 30, 2016 :
    I locked my bootloader while stock recovery + CyanogenMod Nightly was installed. That bricked the device.
    The warning message at boot is not very noob-friendly. It just says you should lock the bootloader but doesn't say you have to flash the stock ROM first. So when you listen to the message, you might brick the device.

deathstocker and kadiix like this.
  6. pvsuru
    Eclair Jul 31, 2016

pvsuru , Jul 31, 2016 :
    if you lock bootloader and you are on ROM other then OxygenOS then you will brick your phone. Better not to lock bootloader.

deathstocker likes this.
  7. obiwan+
    Honeycomb Jul 31, 2016

8. runboy93
    Jelly Bean Jul 31, 2016

runboy93 , Jul 31, 2016 :
    Enjoy your bootloader as now, but after Android 7 it will be more annoing to use, Google want everyone to use stock.

9. benwalburn
    Froyo Aug 1, 2016

benwalburn , Aug 1, 2016 :
    That's not true. The changes introduced with Android N have no effect on devices with unlockable bootloaders. Once you unlock it, all the new security features are disabled as to not interfere with your modifications. Literally backwards from what you're claiming.

obiwan+ likes this.