Bootloop after OTA-Update

1. Sébastien Dreesens Cupcake Jul 17, 2019

Sébastien Dreesens, Jul 17, 2019 :
    Hey guys,

at first I want to say that I have my OP7Pro bootloader unlocked and rooted, which could actually be the reason for my problem but not sure about that.
    So lets get started... I usually don't use the OTA updates cause I used to be running the betas on my old op3t so I always kinda had the most recent versions... But as there is no beta for the op7pro atm I decided to update my system from OOS9.5.5 to 9.5.9 through an OTA Update. Everything went normal, I downloaded the update, installed it, rebooted my phone and bam I got into a bootloop... my phone was booting as it was used to but suddenly it rebooted into oxygenos stock recovery. i tried rebooting it a couple of times, always the same result. I wasn't able to get into my os so the only thing possible was to wipe my whole storage (except the system of course) so i basically lost all my data...

i dont get whats the problem and i really dont think that this is supposed to be normal, shouldnt the ota update be a possibility to upgrade the os without clearing the storage?

i gotta admit that this got me really pissed... hope some of you can help me!

2. Filepp Gingerbread Jul 17, 2019

Filepp, Jul 17, 2019 :
    Yes, often there are problem if you update with ota if you are rooted and with twrp. Your phone now start from the other slot of system and can't boot . I prefer solve this problem with a system reset and do anything again but probably there are other solutions like flash twrp in this slot, flash magisk and retry

Sébastien Dreesens likes this.
  3. F_Lars_Dennert_NbST Froyo Jul 17, 2019

F_Lars_Dennert_NbST, Jul 17, 2019 :
    Make sure you always use the full rom, not incrementals. Likely you also didn't disable magisk modules before you updated. After updating, reinstall them (don't simply reenable).

Sébastien Dreesens likes this.
  4. Sébastien Dreesens Cupcake Jul 17, 2019

Sébastien Dreesens, Jul 17, 2019 :

Filepp

Yes, often there are problem if you update with ota if you are rooted and with twrp. Your phone now start from the other slot of system and can't boot . I prefer solve this problem with a system reset and do anything again but probably there are other solutions like flash twrp in this slot, flash magisk and retry​

that's what I ll do next time, ty

I don't get this slot a slot b stuff

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019

5. F_Lars_Dennert_NbST Froyo Jul 18, 2019