Bose SoundSport in-line mic/remote

1. melis
    Eclair May 14, 2015

melis , May 14, 2015 :
    I have a set of Bose ear buds with an in-line remote & mic. These were not cheap & I use them on a *VERY* regular basis. I am disappointed and very frustrated to learn that the remote functionality is limited only to volume control. This is absurd & unacceptable. Additionally, I have had (and am still having) a multitude of issues since the Lollipop/Cyanogen OS 12.0 upgrade --- the case for ditching this phone is mounting. When I first bought this phone, I was completely in love....now I don't even want to use it. What a let down.

Last edited: May 14, 2015

2. Shrapnelist
    Jelly Bean May 14, 2015

Shrapnelist , May 14, 2015 :
    you know the reason most people and I bought is the large number of custom roms and support availible, there are mods availible, there is support!
    just flash another rom! I also had issues with Cyanogen OS 12 and Oxygen and am running Exodus right now :)
    you can say that samsung has a lot of roms too but recently samsung phones ship with Knox bootloader which voids your warranty, rooting is not easy and flashing is not so easy. So if you have problems on official stock samsung rom then you're stuck with problems but with the oneplus youre free to have fun

and I think different headphones have different compatibility

Last edited: May 14, 2015

melis and YaManCJ like this.
  3. melis
    Eclair May 14, 2015

melis , May 14, 2015 :
    @Shrapnelist - While I appreciate your optimism & suggestion, I'm most certainly not as advanced in this game as some of the other people on here.... I have no idea what a "rom" is or how to "flash" another one.... The phone was perfect when I got it & I cannot understand why they would change it at it's most fundamental levels. I'm willing to do whatever to get it to work the way I would like it to but I really have no idea what I'm doing or where to start & I don't want to screw it up either.

As for the headphones....I know for this particular phone, there is apparently a specific list of compatible apparatuses, however, I've never encountered this issue with any other phone & I find it to be a nonsensical hindrance - most especially since I had the Bose before I had the phone and am not interested in shelling out more money just so I can have a functioning remote.

Please don't mistake my frustration for an attack on you - I'm just venting & hoping at some point I can get back to loving my phone.

YaManCJ likes this.
  4. YaManCJ
    Honeycomb May 14, 2015

YaManCJ , May 14, 2015 :
    Well flashing is very easy and simple on this phone. That is the beauty of it. The headset is annoying I kno and it's an hardware compatibility difference. Something U gotta blame Apple for. If your cord disconnects from your headset, then U can get the other standard thatll work.

Now for all software issues, that's easy and U can be done in 15mins. In my thread under Post 3 is the Guide for unlocking, rooting and flashing. The first post list all the Roms that are available for the OPO. I highly recommend BlissPop or Exodus. They are best for people who knew to the whole changing OS on your phone. Feel free to Message me at any time if ya have any questions. No question is too dumb and I know what is like rooting/flashing for the first time.

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/table-of-contents-roms-kernels-recovers-guides-misc.292486/

Sera69, melis and Shrapnelist like this.
  5. Shrapnelist
    Jelly Bean May 14, 2015

Shrapnelist , May 14, 2015 :
    Yes ! You can learn to install a custom firmware and use the one for your needs. Go to Development Section you will find many thread with roms lists and with guides! I am not so advanced. I just know simple stuff like this. It's too easy!

melis likes this.
  6. melis
    Eclair May 14, 2015

melis , May 14, 2015 :
    @YaManCJ - thank you!! I'm at work now but I'm def gonna check out your post & give it a shot. thanks again!!! :D

ps - what did u mean by "it's an hardware compatibility difference. Something U gotta blame Apple for. If your cord disconnects from your headset, then U can get the other standard thatll work." ??

7. Sera69
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 14, 2015

Sera69 , May 14, 2015 :
    ^
    Nice post of the day award to you!! Well done.
    ;)

melis and YaManCJ like this.
  8. YaManCJ
    Honeycomb May 14, 2015

melis likes this.