Bottom corner unresponsive via OnePlus 8

1. Lostdroid
    Eclair Jan 7, 2021

Lostdroid , via OnePlus 8 , Jan 7, 2021 :
    Anyone else facing the issue where the bottom right corner just turns unresponsive in mid of a game or a video and locking and unlocking it fixes it.

MissAphrodite likes this.
  2. ameilius
    Gingerbread Jan 7, 2021

ameilius , Jan 7, 2021 :
    does the same behavior only happen in 1 specific game, or more than 1?

3. Lostdroid
    Eclair Jan 7, 2021

Lostdroid , via OnePlus 8 , Jan 7, 2021 :
    I play call of duty and it just doesn't work and usually unlocking and locking the screen works. But recently I figured it stops working most of the time. Even on Snapchat the send button stops working.

4. mojoyoyo77
    Assistant Head Moderator Assistant Head Moderator Jan 7, 2021

mojoyoyo77 , Jan 7, 2021 :
    Moved thread to OnePlus 8 General Support

5. MissAphrodite
    Cupcake Jan 7, 2021

MissAphrodite , Jan 7, 2021 :
    Yes, but on my 8 it's the left bottom side. Different points. Selecting something on the keyboard or screen just doesn't register. I've made sure my screen was completely clean with no interference. Thankfully it irons itself out by turning phone to lock screen and reopening. I had it happen 3 times in a row in one day after about 3 weeks of owning it. Of course after my 2 week trial (in case I wanted to return it via my provider).
    I've been wondering if this is a common issue that will only get worse and it definitely worries me I'm not the only one.

6. Lostdroid
    Eclair Jan 8, 2021

Lostdroid , via OnePlus 8 , Jan 8, 2021 :
    Exactly.. I thought it was an issue with the screen. I broke my screen and got a new one but now that I see others have the same issue. Maybe it's software.

7. MissAphrodite
    Cupcake Jan 9, 2021

MissAphrodite , Jan 9, 2021 :
    Nope, not because of your replaced screen. This is a completely new phone from a big retailer. I was completely surprised when it first started happening. Happened quite a few times on different days. I'm happy to say it hasn't happened in the past 2 weeks. I'm keeping my eye out for it though.
    Phone is also having this weird noise for 5 second spurts when recording videos, but that's for another thread. Lol

8. Lostdroid
    Eclair Jan 9, 2021

Lostdroid , via OnePlus 8 , Jan 9, 2021 :
    Lol. Mine just zones out even now. Whenever I use any app or any game. But wonder how just lock and unlock fixes it.