[Submitted] Bottom swipe to leave gesture

1. Jzma
    Froyo Jul 19, 2020

Jzma , Jul 19, 2020 :
    Hi. I switched from Oneplus 8 to Oneplus 8 pro and im having problem with bottom swipe gesture to back on main screen. Its very inaccurate and i have to swipe several times to register movement. Most of the time screen scrolls in app or just dont do anything. On 8 it works perfect but on 8 pro its like too deep on bottom of the screen so when using provided case my thumb cannot catch tiny area that detect up swipe, i catch edge of case and miss the detection area. Very frustrating when you need to swipe 3 times just to leave to main screen. Also when try to go in task manager from main screen half of the time i swipe into app drawer search instead in app manager. Detection zone is too low and too small. Maybe im just not adapt on new phone but after a whole day of usage i still run into swipe up miss gesture.

2. Suhas Klkrn555
    OnePlus Bug Hunter Staff Member Jul 19, 2020

Suhas Klkrn555 , Jul 19, 2020 :
    We'll definitely work on the issue reported and we'll do our best to help you. We've got in touch with you via direct message. Looking forward for your response!

Thanks & Regards,
    Suhas.

3. Jzma
    Froyo Jul 19, 2020

Jzma , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 19, 2020 :
    I will provide log as requested, but i believe that problem is too small bottom detection area, and when in case thumb cannot catch that area so swipe isn't detected. It's almost like 2mm-3mm is missing to be perfect and catch every time. I found many people is complaining about this.

4. dirk van der laan
    Cupcake Jul 21, 2020

dirk van der laan , Jul 21, 2020 :
    Same issue here. Please fix.
    If course it has to do with the small bump of my tpu case, but I'd like to protect my device while also being able to swipe up easily. Thanks!

5. Jzma
    Froyo Jul 21, 2020

Jzma , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 21, 2020 :
    I tried without case also, and area is very small. I miss it even without case. My previous Oneplus 8 haven't this problem, and the case is same, same bottom lip, but gesture ia registered flawlessly.

6. JJSenji
    Cupcake Jul 31, 2020

JJSenji , Jul 31, 2020 :
    I don't think it's the area, With the horizontal bar on, I'll often see it jump to suggest i have performed the gesture but nothing happens or it scrolls the screen. Very annoying.
    Please fix!

7. B1591561057277
    Cupcake Jul 31, 2020

B1591561057277 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 31, 2020 :
    I removed the case form my phone and for me now the swipe works 90% of the time, so I really think is the area, with the case I can't do any better, please try and let me know. Just be very carefull the phone is big and very squishy, I just drop it and crack the screen, I already opened a ticket for repeir the screen, but they will never believe me [e]1f602[/e][e]1f602[/e][e]1f602[/e] so be carefull.