Bouncer71's Secret Guacamole Diary

1. Bouncer71 Lollipop Mar 19, 2019

Bouncer71, Mar 19, 2019 :
    FFFFFF-0.png

First off...
    For more information about the Oneplus Communtiy Sample Shot Program click here
    Also make sure to visit @optical diary here. Some awesome photos are waiting...!

IMG_20190424_122645.jpg

Hello Community...

I am Bouncer71 from Mannheim/Germany. Average guy and hobby photographer.
    Until one and a half years ago I didn't even take smartphone photography seriously. Just used it for some occasional clicks on Facebook or for reminders. Then I joined the OnePlus community.
    One day I found the "Guess the Pic" Thread , only photos shot with a OnePlus device were allowed. I found out that my OP3 actually shoots pretty detailed photos. From there on I experimented a lot, joined the Shot on OnePlus Monthlys and saw amazing photos of other contributors. That pushed me even more to explore the possibilities. I wrote a couple of tutorials about my findings. Etcetera, etcetera, etcetera..

A lot more happened and somehow everthing I did the time spent in this community leaded me to this unbelievable experience...

Disclaimer: All views expressed in this diary are my own and do not represent the opinion of any other entity whatsoever...
    All photos are compressed to <2 MB, at 100% JPG quality, with Adobe Lightroom CC ™, without any further edits (except RAW Files). The quality will also to vary due different software versions of the camera app.

I want to thank OnePlus, @Crystal Z. and @David Y. so much for giving me the honor participating in this project and all the amazing OnePlus community friends which supported me so much since I joined...!
    Gonna tag you when I'm done with this diary.. ;D
    Plus I want to thank my lovely wife for encouraging me throughout this project, giving great hints for spots to visit and pointing out some worthy scenes..
    Love you lots...! :kissingheart:

So here goes my story...
    Stay with me, this isn't gonna be short... ;D

February 18th - March 10th
    Who? Me?

Surprisingly Crystal contacted me mid February, asking if I would be interested in being part of an photography experiment and that some moderators recommended me.
    I don't know who they are but also thank you guys and gals a lot and a big shout out.. 8D
    Well, obviously I stated my interest, send in some sample photos and after about three weeks of emails things got serious. Three Day after I signed the NDA I had a prototype in my hands...

March, 11th - March, 23th
    The adventure begins

I have to say that again...

A Prototype.
    Made me a little nervous, I admit... ;D

It came in a simple package, without a charge or cable and had the bulkiest case on I've ever seen.
    Black hard plastic hiding almost ever design aspects.
    So I can't say much about the looks. Only that this thing has a huge screen with curved sides and rounded edges, a big speaker at the top and a popup front camera that was only visible through a small hole in the case. The body is blueish...
    "About Phone" only revealed that it was the 12 GB/264GB version. CPU, Camera and Screen were labeled "none"...
    By now you know all the specs and the design.

I was totally exited to get out there to try that cameras with Zoom and Wide-Angle.
    Guess what?
    Weather was aweful...
    Cold, stormy, rainy and dark clouds... 8P
    I wanted to anyways, not only because I never used Nightscape, Portrait-Mode or to see how the Zoom performs..
    So I planed to go for sunset and Nightscape the next day hoping that it wouldn't rain at least..
    But first I setup my fingerprints to save me from typing in that long preset Password everytime. The onscreen FPS worked good, accurate and fast. Almost as fast as the OP3T scanner, so a good compromize to have it on back on the front.
    Then configured Face-Unlock...
    Uhoh...
    That was fast and I didn´t hear a sound. Turned the music down and then I heard it...

Bzz... Bzz...

Hehe... How cool is that... ? 8D
    It's like a secret hidden feature that sure will draw the attention of people around.

In the meantime Crystal invited me to a group chat with David for further communication. That's where I also met optical. A nice and really polite guy, sympathetic right from the start and as exited as I was.
    Crystal and David gave us some more insides and infos about Guacamole. One of my favorite dips, so a perfectly chosen Codename ... 8D
    We were asked to submit 100+ photos, from a photographers perspective ( as if I would know ;) ) by end of May, and offerd the possibility to write an diary about our experience as you see. Not every picture in this diary was submitted and not all of the provided will be included..

Next day, after working my regular job I arrived at the location 30 minutes before sunset.
    A pedestrian bridge over the river Rhine with a view to a powerplant of which I thought would be a good scene for a first test.

IMG_20190312_182643.jpg

As you see it wasn't much of a sunset. Just a blueish gray cloudy mess.
    Maybe in the dark it would be better. So I went for our weekly Pool Billard Meetup and returned later on for the night shoot...

Nightscape:
    IMG_20190312_214333.jpg

HDR:
    IMG_20190312_214253.jpg

Wasn't as bad but not really satisfying. Would be returning another time and also go for other night locations.. optical and me agreed that it would probably be solved with an update...

The following day I had a day off and went downtown Mannheim for some test shooting. Trying to get comfy with Zoom, Wide-angle and Portrait-Mode. The weather wasn't a lot better, but boy was I in for a surprise. 8D
    Since I don't have a Rolodex full of Models I'd be shooting portraits of Statues.
    I don't even have a Rolodex... 8P

Portrait-Mode:
    Got me right away.
    Great edge detection, stunning clarity of the subject and a subtle Bokeh to still make out what's in the background.

Normal:
    IMG_20190313_102638.jpg

Portrait Mode:
    IMG_20190313_102638_Bokeh.jpg
    Blumepeter, Local Mascot

It's so easy to use that I have to look out not to overuse it...;D

Point the camera at the subject, the "depth effect" sign will go green when ready. If it doesn't work change the position/distance just a bit and there you go.

Wide-Angle:
    Great to get more of the scene into the picture but also to have another perspective than just stepping back a few meters. The cool thing is that the software automatically corrects the wide-angle lens distortion. But it can be turned off in the camera settings if you want to keep it.

IMG_20190313_110009.jpg
    Christuskirche

3x optical Zoom:

Great clarity and details.
    It lets you keep the perspectiv and what just getting closer won't offer..

About 2 meters away.
    IMG_20190317_092347.jpg

Same distance at 3x zoom:
    IMG_20190317_092417.jpg

Close up without zoom:
    IMG_20190317_092443.jpg
    Wasserturm, Friedensplatz

So it all depends on what your´re going for because distance to the subject changes everything...
    That´s why I love my 30x Travel Zoom Camera. It gives so many posibilities and now we have some of those on this Phone...!

Main Camera:
    Almost forgot it cause I was really fascinated by the new posibilities... It is a real performer. Crisp, clear and I totaly like the natural color reproduction.

IMG_20190320_104126.jpg

IMG_20190321_094344.jpg

Shooting Raw ISO 100, 30 sec. exposure.
    IMG_20190321_203848.jpg
    Vogelstangsee

So I already liked the cameras in a lot of aspects and was eager to see how it will develop over time.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019

2. Bouncer71 Lollipop Apr 2, 2019

Bouncer71, Apr 2, 2019 :
    March 24th - March 31st
    The journey to modern ancient Greece
    (Athens)

This trip was planed and booked before I even knew that this experiment was coming at me...
    I wanted to show my wife the city I lived as a teenager for 3 years in the late 80ties, all those ancient sites and for myself I was interested to see how the place has changed since my last visit 2003...
    I usually shoot with my trusty travel zoom and only few photos with the phone for Facebook and the community.
    But I decided this trip would be shot entirely with the prototype..
    This time I didn't really share much as some of you might have noticed. Constantly switching to my OP3T was really annoying...

And here this part of the diary unfortunately ends... 8(
    Scroll down if you don't want to know why...

After returning home I submitted my photos.
    Crystal asked me about possible copyright issues of one of them. Since I only been shooting for private use all my life I actually hadn't thought about Freedom of Panorama and commercially shooting abroad.
    Say what...?

Freedom of Panorama - Wikipedia

TL;DR version:

It originated from the German term "Panoramafreiheit", means the freedom to replicate anything by photo, video or painting that is located in public space, seeable from public streets, places, without breaching any copyright laws. Even if it's a piece of art. But it has to be exposed permanently. Let's say longer than just a couple of weeks...
    For Photos inside or on/from private property a permission is needed.
    There are some countries in Europe that don't have the FoP exception in copyright law. And Greece is one of them...
    You can shoot about anything for private use. Inside museums I asked the personal if and where photographing is prohibited.
    For commercial use I would have had to contact the Ministry of Culture or the Greek embassy in Germany prior shooting anywhere...

Here's the information of the Embassy in the UK..

Filming and Photography Permit

also fees will apply...

Ministerial Decision

And another lesson learned... ;D
    Since I didn't hear anything from the legal team about the matter till now, I hope you understand that I won't show any of the pictures.
    There will be plenty more anyhow...

On retrospect I can say I had a pleasant time in Athens and the Phone served me well as a travel companion. Besides the Main Camera , the zoom was the most used. A seamless experience I would say...

I will print a Photoalbum of the trip. So if someday we meet in person you can have a look... ;D

Last edited: May 19, 2019

3. Bouncer71 Lollipop Apr 8, 2019

Bouncer71, Apr 8, 2019 :
    April 1st - April 15th
    April, April, er macht was er will...
    (April, April, he does what he wants. Old German country saying)

Back in Germany, back to reality... XO
    Back to bad weather...

Well, my job kept me busy anyways and all I could do was hope. Finally the weather forecast for Sunday the 7th would be sunny.
    So I prepared my stuff, got up early and after two cups of coffee I took my trusty old bicycle for a ride to known and unknown places for new perspectives throughout my hometown.

Since the zoom and wide angle lens where still not available in Pro-Mode I decided to shoot on Auto...

Zoom:

IMG_20190407_082658.jpg

IMG_20190407_091834.jpg
    Neckar Bridge Federal Highway B38a

IMG_20190407_113621.jpg
    Neckarvorland Bridge

IMG_20190407_114438.jpg
    Mühlauhafen

IMG_20190407_124249.jpg
    Handelshafen Mannheim

IMG_20190407_185616.jpg
    Großkraftwerk Mannheim (GKM)

Every time I check the photos on the big screen at home I´m amazed by the stunning clarity and level of details.
    Up to 2.9x it's digital zoom with the 48MP main sensor then you notice the switch to the 3x 8MP lens. Further on its digital again. So if you don't want to digitaly zoom switch directly to 3x. If you want to keep 12MP resolution don't go over 1.5x.
    I found that it will ruin the whole experience imo.
    Just ignore it and frame the shot by seamlessly zooming till 3x.
    Impressions about up to 10x will follow...

Main Camera:

IMG_20190407_100253.jpg
    Neckarschleuse Feudenheim

IMG_20190407_121726.jpg
    Kurt-Schuhmacher-Bridge

IMG_20190407_111838.jpg
    Jungbusch, Salzkai

IMG_20190407_140329.jpg
    Rosengarten

IMG_20190407_181627.jpg
    Neckarau, Alte Seilerei

The same as for the zoom lens counts here. Color reproduction of both lenses is really great...
    What I like the most besides the quality of the camears is the in-camera postedit. No signs of oversharpening in bright and lower light conditions. Even ISO grain and very little not noticeable halos at high contrast edges, or none at all. The camera team did an awesome job in my opinion.
    Let´s keep it that way.. ! 8D
    I´m eager to find out how a printout will look like..!

Wide-angle:

IMG_20190407_105329.jpg
    Collini-Steg

IMG_20190407_114950.jpg
    Jungbusch, Verbindungskanal

IMG_20190407_142222.jpg
    Augustaanlage, Building of an insurance company

IMG_20190407_185644.jpg
    GKM

I must admit I'm not that expierienced with wide angle lenses. But I hope you get the picture. Still notice a little loss of details against the main camera.
    The team is working hard and Jimmy Z. also hinted an updated Panorama Mode...

Here's a scene every lens worked like charm...

Zoom:
    IMG_20190407_190544.jpg

Main lens:
    IMG_20190407_190551.jpg

Wide angle:
    IMG_20190407_190559.jpg
    Neckarau, Alte Seilerei

Is it just me?
    Or does the mood change from picture to picture...? 8O

At the end of the day I had like 39 km on the speedometer and a sore butt. Atleast for my health the time was spent well.. ;D
    Nah, it was real fun shooting with this versitile multi lens device...!

Btw...
    I shot 808 photos at full screen brightness that day, 698 till it reached 9% battery

Screenshot_20190407-145111__01.jpg

After coffee & cake at my sister´s, secretly charging with a powerbank in my rucksack I went on...
    That battery is a monster... 8O

Stereo Speakers:

The following rainy days I did something I usually don´t do very frequently. Listen to music over the build-in speakers...
    For those who don´t know me I always say:
    " Smartphones sound like a cheap speaker in a tin can, no matter what".

My favorite tune to test any speaker is "In the Air tonight" by Phil Collins.
    It got it all. The silence, the loudness, the highs, the mids and the bass.

On my 3T the volume is too low, the highs are too dominant, the subtle silent tones barely hear able and the louder parts are somehow distorted.
    The Bass? What bass..?

On the Prototype my view on sound quality of smartphones speakers changed a fair bit..
    The stereo setup has an enormous effect. Yes, the bass is still missing because of the limited resonance room but frequency spectrum is definitely wider than on the 3T. Better highs and lows, the sound is very clear and balanced. Not missing a single subtle tone while listening.
    Though songs like "Seven Nation Army" by "The White Stripes" and "The Hills" by "The Weeknd" put the speakers hard on the edge of distortion at Max volume..
    Dolby Atmos can´t be deactivated so I don´t know what effect it has. For best experience I recommend to redirect the sound form the down fireing speaker with your palm to get a better stereo feeling. Yes, it´s there though the short distance in between.

Didn't test it on a movie yet but I did watch the press conference for the first image of a black hole. Started with the 3T, then switched to the prototype. The clarity makes it a lot more pleasant to listen to speech too.

So, a big shout-out to everyone I commented that the effect would go unnoticed. You where right and I´m sorry.
    Cause of the lack of bass it still won´t be my favorite way to listen to music but it´ll surely put all of my friends devices to shame.. ;D
    Curious to hear what they say after this project is over...

Last edited: May 19, 2019

4. Bouncer71 Lollipop Apr 8, 2019

Bouncer71, Apr 8, 2019 :
    April 16th - April 30th
    Easter is comming...

and my parents in law for a 10 days stay. They are great and I love them.
    But all the Easter family activities and festivities meant my spare time for photography was limited. Not totally down to zero I hoped...

Found this in the woods..

IMG_20190419_103354.jpg

Take what you need
    Luck, Courage, Health, Security, Love, Blessing, Solace

What a lovely gesture, I thought.
    Since it didn't have "Time" to take with me I left everything else for someone really in need..

Anyhows...

Happy Easter everyone...! 8D

IMG_20190422_095121.jpg

Main camera

This was shot in a small meadow near my place. I wanted to see the macro abilities of the cameras...
    To setup this scene I used a tripod.

IMG_20190422_095829.jpg

Oh, don't worry... This isn't the prototype it's my OP3T with it's ugly bumper case... ;D
    We were not allowed to show pictures of the device...
    Using a tripod made it a lot easier to setup the scene.

As you can see the Depth of Field (DoF) is very narrow shooting that close. The focus is on the 1+ Logo.
    If the object is too close to focus either increase the distance of camera or lock AE/AF and move the object till in focus...
    Or use Pro-Mode to manually focus... ;D
    If I had a wish it would be focus peeking to precisely set the point in Pro-Mode. Would be helpful for all fellow macro photographers out there...

At that meadow there were also different flowers and some bees and butterflies.
    I hadn't have enough time to chase those insects so I thought dandelions are perfect to see how detailed the zoom is...

IMG_20190421_102122.jpg

I don't know about you but I like the result.

Just before leaving to get ready for Lunch I cased some bees with Slow-Motion and found something new that sparked my interest...

Screenshot_20190429-075042__01.jpg

Here's a screenshot and the video looks gorgeous on a big screen...!
    and the video goes like this... ;)

The video doesn't show in the Community App so click here...

Watching the Slo-Mo videos I felt the urge to see what the display would offer watching a movie. I logged into Netflix and was in for the next surprise...
    Though not my favorite movie by far I started to watch Avatar by James Cameron and was amazed that a couple of millimeters screen diameter and higher resolution on that still tiny screen would make such a huge difference...
    This is where the display really shines, crisp picture and amazing colors, probably also when playing games, and the curved edges are less distracting as I thought. After some time I didn't even notice or mind anymore...
    On the OP3T I never watched more than some YouTube flicks. Will definitly watch some movies/series while on a flight or train ride with this device...

Sorry, I got carried away....
    I'm supposed to shoot some pics... ;D

By now you probably have seen enough main camera against 3x zoom photos like this...

IMG_20190419_111254.jpg

Main Camera

IMG_20190419_111242.jpg

3x Zoom

So how about some 10x...?
    I went to the beach at the river Rhine.

IMG_20190419_114454-2.jpg
    3x Zoom

IMG_20190419_114617.jpg

10x Zoom

Sure I could´ve moved closer. Not really without drowning or driving kilometers to cross the River. 8D

The quality was as expected. I was prepared not to see any wonders by digitaly zooming. Compairing the crop of the original 3x zoom photo and the 10x zoomed shows just a little more details at a 8MP resolution to 1MP.

IMG_20190419_114617.jpg
    8MP

IMG_20190419_114454.jpg
    Crop of the original 8MP

I will have to do some prints first to decide if I will go over 3x in the future...
    So, if you´re not into cropping afterwards and want to keep the resolution then it´s a nice to have and go for it. But don´t expect cristal clear images.

Now some random photos of this Months trips to cheer you up again. This time no mention of the used Camera lens. Have a guess... ;D

IMG_20190419_103658.jpg

Waldpark Mannheim

IMG_20190419_194603.jpg

Pedestrian Bridge near Mannheim Central Railway Station

IMG_20190419_195812.jpg

Victoria-Tower Mannheim

IMG_20190422_103734.jpg

Mannheim/Pfingstberg

IMG_20190422_110238.jpg

Mannheim/ Pfingstberg

IMG_20190422_120736.jpg

Ladenburg

IMG_20190422_121609.jpg

Watertower/Ladenurg

IMG_20190422_122416.jpg

Ladenburg

IMG_20190422_123652.jpg

Ladenburg

IMG_20190422_131811.jpg

Ladenburg

IMG_20190422_143848.jpg

Retaining Dam / Ladenburg

Looks like that I found more time for photography though the Easter festivities, family buisness and working overtime...
    I wonder what next month will bring... ;D

P.S.: Just in case you haven´t noticed by now...
    Nope, I'll keep that a secret till I get some comments or maybe I'll just wait until one of the LABers finds out... ;D

Last edited: May 22, 2019

5. Bouncer71 Lollipop Apr 8, 2019

Bouncer71, Apr 8, 2019 :
    May 1st - May 10th
    Alles neu, macht der Mai, macht die Seele frisch und frei... (Hermann Adam von Kamp, 1820)
    ( May, everything new, cleans and frees the Soul...)

Let's talk about Nightscape for a second or two.. ;D
    I was approaching this mode the totally wrong way. I'm one of those people who always carry a tripod around just in case ... Actually got 4 in different sizes.
    I went out again for some night shots. Tripod and remote trigger packed ready for some comparison to Pro-Mode...
    While the ride it struck me...
    Why Nightscape...?
    I sometimes spend a lot of time to get a single shot the way I want it. I don't think the majority does...
    Why to compare to Pro-Mode then...?
    It will never win...
    So I left the tripod in the backpack and just went for it...

IMG_20190503_220137.jpg
    Neckauer Uebergang

IMG_20190503_221153.jpg
    Planetarium Mannheim

IMG_20190503_222442.jpg
    Memorial for Carl Benz

IMG_20190503_223117.jpg
    Friedensplatz

IMG_20190503_224613.jpg
    Friedensplatz

Now I had to look at the results as shot by hand in a matter of seconds. And they are actually pretty good. Far better than like on the OP3T or my Travel camera. A little bit too much sharpening for my taste, but still great. Maybe they'll change that in the future. The feeling of night is kept. Not like some other Night-Modes that look like it was shot at daytime...

Hints Nightscape photos:
    Clean the lens...!
    Try to hold as still as possible.
    If the result is too bright, too many artifacts in the sky because of haze or bright clouds use the exposure compensation slider or tap to expose on the brightest part of the scene...
    Look out for lensflare. If lightsources are doubled as bright dots, change the composition until they either disapear or are in an area not that obvious..
    Beware, Nightscape won't do magic. If there's no light at all it will not look pretty...
    And it doesn't need to.
    Use a tripod and go Pro... ;)

Weekend and bad weather again... 8(
    What to do..?
    Mobile gaming..?
    Maybe...
    Never been a great fan of it. Just been playing Spider Solitaire in the past years on my phones. Not really a challenge for this monster and graphics not appealing...
    So I googled "graphic intense games Android 2019" to find something that might interest me.
    Always liked racing games on the PlayStation and PC so I installed Asphalt 9: Legends and Real Racing 3.
    And what do you know... It was real fun. 8D
    Before the game starts, Gaming-Mode pops up introducing Fnatic-Mode.
    Since I'm no gamer I'd better leave it to the LAB reviewers to judge how the device performs. All I can say it was a fluid experience and the graphics look gorgeous on this display...
    Curious to see who wins the LAB and eager to read their reviews on the OnePlus 7Pro... 8D

While I was writing this @Pete announced that the OnePlus 7 Pro Supports HDR 10+. What a coincidence.. 8D
    No question I had to feast my eyes on that.
    Searched for some demos on YouTube and watched them simultaneously of the 7 Pro and 3T. The difference in resolution is obvious. Not only that. Cause of the higher dynamic range the colors pop without being oversaturated, they look more natural to me. Black is fantastic...8D

Here's one of them...

I've been using the prototype for almost 2 months and now I jump on the hypetrain...? What's wrong with me...? Must be the NDA I signed. Am I talking to myself..?
    I'm getting distracted... Focus Bouncer, focus...!

Heidelberg
    Okay, back to the cameras, back to the beginning of May. On Labour Day afternoon I went for a bycicleride to Heidelberg. Probably better known than Mannheim and about 24 km away. The weather was perfect. Afternoon meant the sun will light the castle and the iconic bridge very well but form upon the hill the Oldtown would be against the light.
    I better be silent now. Pictures say more than a thousand words anyways.. ;)

IMG_20190501_151347.jpg Raps(ody) & Blue

IMG_20190501_161009.jpg Close...

IMG_20190501_161014.jpg
    Uhhoh, a crow..

IMG_20190501_161630.jpg
    Fun on the river Neckar

IMG_20190501_162331.jpg Heidelberg Castle and Karl-Theodor Bridge aka the "Old Bridge"

IMG_20190501_162726.jpg
    That's what I call a Castle... Ruin... ;)

IMG_20190501_163936.jpg Holy Smokes...

IMG_20190501_170705.jpg
    Imagining the 16 century...

IMG_20190501_171930.jpg Castle Powder Turret went boom...

IMG_20190501_173022.jpg View from outside in and out again...

IMG_20190501_172900.jpg
    Oldtown of Heidelberg. At the Horizon, the Powerplant of Mannheim...

IMG_20190501_171417.jpg Man in the sky...

IMG_20190501_175759.jpg Driving the River...

IMG_20190501_180905.jpg Where's the Party at...?

IMG_20190501_183743.jpg Yes, we got a lot of Watertowers.... ;)

Leaked Photos
    On May,1st Crystal leaked the first picture shot by optical as the teaser for SoOP thread.. The day after @The1Lion noticed it and it took another 4 days till @Cheetosdust
    asked Who is the community member already using a OnePlus 7 Pro?
    Another day later Crystal leaked one of my photos.

OP7 Header.png

At first I thought the choice would be a bit obvious because a similar photo of mine had been the teaser for a "Weekly Update" last year.

WeeklyUpdate246-Forum (1).png

Unfortunately, erm... Fortunately no one remembered but me... ;D

Another rainy day with Prototype
    So how about some indoor shooting with artificial lighting...?
    Welcome to my little DIY - Studio... ;D

IMG_20190508_145903.jpg
    Need a bigger table or tripods for the softboxes...:rolleyes:

I built those cardboard softboxes while being frustrated about the weather in the beginning of April. Here you will find the tutorial. ( Not by me )

Let's go Low-key.
    I used the zoom lens cause of the Narrow Field of View (FoV) plus more Depth of Field (DoF) at F2.4. The DoF is not only a couple of millimeters at short distance like with the main camera, it's a couple of millimeters more... ;)

IMG_20190508_182933.jpg
    3x Zoom Camera

IMG_20190508_183009.jpg
    Main Camera 3x digital zoom

To shoot the scenes I dimmed the Softboxes to the point of slightly too bright. Tabbed to expose and focus on the brightest part of the figurine and locked AE/AF. Then used the exposure- compensation slider till details showed in the overexposed areas and the background turned fully black...

IMG_20190509_175033.jpg
    3x Zoom Camera

IMG_20190509_182901.jpg
    3x Zoom Camera

Still somewhat luck to get low ISO as you can see...
    God how I wish for Pro-Mode for all lenses... 8D

Just for the sake of Guacamole...

IMG_20190512_095402.jpg
    3x Zoom Camera unedited

IMG_20190512_104304__01.jpg
    Main camera Pro-Mode, ISO 100, cropped just a bit

Yes, it's an Avocado... ;)

6. Bouncer71 Lollipop Apr 8, 2019

Bouncer71, Apr 8, 2019 :
    Mai 11th - May 22nd
    Everything smooth with the Pro...?

How did you like the Launch events? Great show wasn't it..?
    My favorite part was about the cameras of course. Aquireing NatGeo photographers was a great move imo. I really loved their presentations. If they don't know how to handle this device, who does..?
    Wish I could've been there to meet some of you.
    Next time maybe...

Wishes aside, I had to continue my journey.
    I noticed that instead of overusing Portrait-Mode I hardly used it. Had to change that. Cause the lack of willing models I needed some statues and knew just the right place to go...

The Central Cemetary Mannheim.
    IMG_20190514_121829.jpg

Photographing at cemetarys I'm always respectfull not to disdurb the mourning and the dead, don´t use additional equipment and compose the scenes with a sence of humility...
    Also to pause for a moment now an then, letting the spiritual mood of this place sink...

Portrait-Mode:

IMG_20190514_122228_Bokeh.jpg

IMG_20190514_122520_Bokeh.jpg

IMG_20190514_122718_Bokeh.jpg

IMG_20190514_123330_Bokeh.jpg

To me the edge detection and the details are awesome.
    This example shows the limitations. Too much going on in the background and the small opening on the lower left side makes it difficult for the software.

IMG_20190514_125023_Bokeh.jpg

Without Bokeh it´ll also do... ;)
    IMG_20190514_125216.jpg

IMG_20190514_122838.jpg

IMG_20190514_123750.jpg

IMG_20190514_123824.jpg

IMG_20190514_124521.jpg

IMG_20190514_131459.jpg

IMG_20190514_125758.jpg

IMG_20190514_130659.jpg

IMG_20190514_132032.jpg

If you happen to travel to Vienna/Austria, spend some time at the Central Cemetary. A truely impressive and overwhelming expierence... Or in Rome/Italy the Cimitero dei protestanti located in Testaccio..

Some more pictures of the day.

IMG_20190514_111808.jpg

IMG_20190514_115449.jpg

IMG_20190514_132848.jpg

IMG_20190514_133644.jpg

IMG_20190514_135125.jpg

and Wide-Angle

IMG_20190514_135131.jpg

Then there was this beautiful daylight moon that made me want to see the 10x digital zoom once again and also compare it to a crop of the main camera...

Let's see the 10x first
    IMG_20190514_190158.jpg

Crop of the 3x Camera
    IMG_20190514_190150-2.jpg

Crop of the Main Camera
    IMG_20190514_190153-2.jpg

I think the digital zoom does a pretty decent job. Again, not what I would use every day but there's a noticalbe diffence between cropping..

The original files the crops been done of...

Zoom Camera
    IMG_20190514_190150.jpg

Main Camera
    IMG_20190514_190153.jpg

Will it print...?
    That is the question...!

Why...?
    Because there's still a lot of people like me out there that print their memories. Either individual photos or Photoalbum. The best thing about prints is that you can't zoom them down to sub pixel level. You have to judge it as is. Or print bigger... ;)

Where...?
    At a local Kodak print kiosk without any edits...

Sizes...?
    I choosed to print 10x15cm ( standard photo format ) and 20x30cm ( full photoalbum page ).
    Taking a photo of a print is probably not the best idea but hopefully you get my point..

Main camera
    IMG_20190521_182211.jpg

3x zoom camera
    IMG_20190521_182321.jpg

Nightscape
    IMG_20190521_182420.jpg

The main and zoom camera prints just look great. I could think of even printing them in a bigger format...
    The Nightscape prints are ok at 10x15cm just like looking at them on a 6 inch screen. Bigger it's obvious that it's a algorithm to produce brighter pics without going pro. But that's ok. Would take a lot of fun out of photography if there wouldn't be any fiddling with the settings anymore in certain situations... ;)
    And most of my prints in photobooks are even smaller than 10x15cm so they will look good enough for keeping that memory...
    Let me mention that this photo was shot with a software version from May, 2nd. I will redo prints with recent updates and add them later on..

Final Thoughts:
    I've been using the OnePlus 7 Pro for two months now. It's nothing but an amazing phone with great cameras. It's fast, smooth and got an eye pleasing screen. Well, compared to my OP3/Op3T there's nothing else I can say.
    One thing I had to get used to, was the reflections or glare at the curved sides of the screen, on a sunny day. I like to shoot from the hip a lot, but at that angle the lower edge was hardly visible. I came to change my habit, started to look at the screen face on and got on my knees when I wanted to get a lower perspective. That reduced the glare.
    Actually like I already do with my Travel camera looking through the viewfinder.
    And to be honest my 3T's screen is just as reflective...

At first I was shocked by that 8 MP camera. :eek:
    Why did they put such a low resolution sensor next to a 48/12 MP and 16 MP one? If you think about it, it suddenly makes perfect sense for a seamless experience.
    The hybrid zoom crops right till the transition distance of the zoom lens. At this point the main sensor image has 8 MP resolution. If you could zoom out with the main sensor to the focal length of the wide-angle lens the resolution would be 16 MP...
    I think that's brilliant... Congrats for pulling this stunt..

Because we weren't allowed to show or talk about the device with anyone, I didn't use it as a daily driver. But I don't really expect any unpleasant surprises when I finally make the change.

Is this the end? My only friend... The end...?
    Crystal told us that our introduction will be tomorrow the 22nd.. So I had to wrap it up, although I had some more stuff planed for the coming weeks.
    But who says I can't...;)

Thank you so much for staying with me on this ride. Now I'm eager to read your thoughts. Finally optical and me can fully join the conversation about the OnePlus 7 Pro...!
    Most importantly from now on I can be more active in the SoOP thread again. Oh, how I miss all you Photomaniacs...:(:D

One last time I want to thank OnePlus, @Crystal Z., @David Y. and @Jimmy Z. for this unbelievable opportunity. @optical for being my partner in crime ;). And now, as promised, the final shout-out to everyone who supported me in the past 1.5 years and the community friends I made...
    I wouldn't have made it till here without you..!!!
    You are the best...!!!
    Enough of all that talk , Tagfest I say....! :D

@panthimanshu, @buntycubal,@TibiTibi, @Shivang Joshi,@BeingIncog, @NeVeR_SeTTLe, @Punk_69, @Venky61, @Mjo, @BobbyV8_, @Hydra Bob, @YRJ, @GopalB., @maarten_lisboa, @The1Lion, @cdnfarmer, @FrederikOlsen , @camohan, @meatandy, @luigimario, @G_plusone, @Its.Leandroo, @RJBoss, @Herbert_Lagos, @Ash645, @Matt 80, @Drewbikscube, @Sharinnn, @Bobbie63, @Cheetosdust, @idkwhoiam322, @SoniaB, @Tobikage, @B_Wrath, @funmunke, @theshinybeast, @Baymax, @sommersy, @eye842 , @Moin2200, @Rusty NZ, @KeepTransisting, @SJBoss, @Dunnow, @dsmonteiro,

My german fellows... ;)
    @script, @strafer, @Dresa91, @FlixbusLennart, @hennes, @otto2, @luxuskamel, @morpheus566 and Twenty, @Chris05, @woSch, @mkernbach, @K3MN1K, @heller1967, @ceport and Wuffi, @tide1109, @manuel19, @xnutzii, @Mr. BG...

No specific order and I hope i didn't forget you... ;D

Also a loud shout-out to the whole OnePlus team for developing such awesome devices over the past years...
    Thank you gals and guys... You totally rock...!:)

Now I'm ready for my roast ... ;D

7. YRJ Lollipop May 22, 2019

YRJ, May 22, 2019 :
    Wooow! You as well? Damn. Yet another amazing thread. Amazing work. Will certainly read the entire thread soon. And very well done :)

8. Dresa91 Android Q May 22, 2019

puccellino, script, hennes and 9 others like this.
  9. BhavyaMehta0786 Ice Cream Sandwich May 22, 2019

puccellino, hennes, optical and 4 others like this.
  10. G_plusone Marshmallow May 22, 2019

G_plusone, May 22, 2019 :
    Mannnn Those are some awesome shots.
    I remember the place on the Starting Poster from the editing/Photoshop tutorial great going buddy if I am not mistaken :)

Great going Bouncer ;)

11. Mjo Marshmallow May 22, 2019

Mjo, May 22, 2019 :
    This is really great! Well done! *insert applause* :D

It's like having a tour just by looking at those awesome shots! :)

aaaand this is my favorite one :D

puccellino, script, hennes and 7 others like this.
  12. Bouncer71 Lollipop May 22, 2019

Bouncer71, May 22, 2019 :
    Thanks a lot.. ! :)
    Hope you will enjoy the read..

Thanks again my friend... :)

Thanks for the roses... :)

Thanks a ton pal... :)
    Your absolutely right...

Thank you so much...! :)

I just thought it would be a good idea to take you all with me on that trip... ;)

I have a feeling that this pic will be photoshoped soon™ with youknowwho's photo... :D

puccellino, script, hennes and 8 others like this.
  13. Dresa91 Android Q May 22, 2019

Dresa91, May 22, 2019 :
    :)

14. G_plusone Marshmallow May 22, 2019

@Mjo would have already done it ;)
    ;)
    Thanks for the tag :) forgot to mention earlier

15. vriesdejoop Ice Cream Sandwich May 22, 2019

hennes, buntycubal, Mjo and 3 others like this.
  16. B_Wrath Marshmallow May 22, 2019

B_Wrath, May 22, 2019 :
    @Mjo -10 again from my presidency points. Once again, I read the whole thing:oops:

But how can I not read the whole thing when @Bouncer71 is the person behind the posts and the camera!

Bouncer! Awesome thread this is, mate! :)
    I loved the photos! Awesome shots! I enjoyed reading the stories in the diary!
    I have a feeling that this is going to be a better camera review thread than the LAB ones!

Mind blowing photography skills!
    I have told @NeVeR_SeTTLe this quite a few times, but this is the first time I'm telling you this. I am jealous of your photography skills! :D in a good way though:p

Every single photo here is a piece of art :cool:

Thanks for this beautiful thread, mate:) it made my day!

By the way, thanks for the tag. Means a lot to me:)

script, hennes, heller1967 and 6 others like this.
  17. B_Wrath Marshmallow May 22, 2019

B_Wrath, May 22, 2019 :
    I knew that would be your favourite!:p photoshopped it yet? ;):rolleyes:

hennes, buntycubal, Bouncer71 and 5 others like this.
  18. woSch Lollipop May 22, 2019

woSch, May 22, 2019 :
    @Bouncer71 what a great opportunity and great Story with promising good excellent Pictures ... wow, just wow :)

(sorry i didn't got the Tag Info ;))

script, hennes, heller1967 and 7 others like this.
  19. Mjo Marshmallow May 22, 2019

Mjo, May 22, 2019 :
    :rolleyes: Your points are getting more negative :tearsofjoy:

You asked for it :p

This might not be as creative as @buntycubal 's works, but I tried. (and I don't have photoshop with me rn) :D

and yes, this bee got only one arm

bee.jpg

Special tag to Aaaaaanchoooovvvyyyy and Starting point chameleon ;)

puccellino, script, hennes and 9 others like this.
  20. G_plusone Marshmallow May 22, 2019

Perks of Fruit company I presume
    He does blend in nicely except for the mystery of his 3 other limbs :D

puccellino, script, hennes and 7 others like this.