Brand new features: Game on with INSTANT GAMES, now with the new GAME STATISTICS

1. Gary C.
    OxygenOS Operations Staff Member Jun 12, 2020

Gary C. , Jun 12, 2020 :
    gaming feature.png

Hey everyone,

For an enhanced gaming experience, we are delighted to introduce two upcoming Game Space features: Game statistics and Instant games.
    Game Space is currently available for all OnePlus devices starting from the OnePlus 6, and is available on Google Play Store; you can download the app and check out the latest updates!

Game statistics

Do you want to know more about your gaming habits? Now you can access all stats by tapping the "Game statistics" icon in the upper right corner. On this page, you can check out the most played games, the time you've spent playing different games, as well as the battery usage of each game.

2、数据报告功能.png

Instant games

Want to play more games but don't wanna go through the trouble of downloading and installing? Time for some instant gaming with the new version of Game Space. Check out "Instant games" in Game Space, tap to enter, and have some instant fun without any downloads. Just relax, play and get some killstreaks.

1、小游戏功能.png

What games do you like to play the most? Got any suggestions for Game Space? Share your comment below!

As always, feel free to go to the Community-Feedback section to share suggestions for the product. Your constant feedback is appreciated and significant in making the best product. Thank you for your support!

Never Settle.

2. Tobikage
    Nougat Jun 12, 2020

3. ASCHENTE_V
    Jelly Bean Jun 12, 2020

ASCHENTE_V , Jun 12, 2020 :
    You probably meant "not really", right? 🤔

4. HarshKK14
    Gingerbread Jun 12, 2020

L1583759254487 likes this.
  5. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jun 12, 2020

Dunnow , Jun 12, 2020 :
    TBH, I did expect some hidden text there xD

6. Mark Falsing
    Jelly Bean Moderator Jun 12, 2020

L1583759254487 likes this.
  7. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016 Jun 12, 2020

Dresa91 , Jun 12, 2020 :
    :D

this is my opinion :D

haha :D

@Gary C.: I would like to recommend to you: publish a gamer edition of a device... this would make totally sense...Not everyone needs these gaming features...

8. ASCHENTE_V
    Jelly Bean Jun 12, 2020

ASCHENTE_V , Jun 12, 2020 :
    Then I need separate Netflix phones, zen phones, gaming phones and whatever else bloatware phones, 'cause I can't remember everything.

9. Dresa91

Dresa91 , Jun 12, 2020 :
    oh come on :rolleyes: you know what I mean...

10. Dunnow

Dunnow , Jun 12, 2020 :
    Although I don't see this as a negative thing (this does not particularly **** up with my experience or performance in the device) I don't see this as a positive either... I really do not like this direction. Not that is going to change anything anyway :p

I've had the "pleasure" of testing black shark gaming devices (Black Shark 1 and 2) and they were both focused on the game space, which had a terrible UI and was a device that just focused on taking me out of the "Android UI" to just bring me to a "launcher" app filled with toggles and crazy things. It wasn't a nice experience, I didn't want to use the device and they lacked a lot on the camera department even though they had nice sensors.

I would rather not see these things in OOS. Or just give them as an app that you can download from the PlayStore, but don't bake them into my device please, I guess that these things are more forced by contracts and partnerships (fnatic or epic games possibly?) so the device gets more exposure on gaming sites / stuff and both OP and <insert_partner_here> gain more on that (I hope small) sector.

But this comes to the expense of having my device, which I don't really use for gaming at all (even when I do play games on it) being focused and having features no one should care about. Even more, there's google play games to have a launcher for games and metrics... Why bother?

I understand that some features are just 'for show' or 'because we can' and others are actually thought out and planned to be an actual improvement on the platform. TBH, I might be bias, as I really do not care about gaming on a small device which lags, heats up on my hands, drains battery and forced me to keep a cable after a while of gaming, so, it's the whole "gaming on phone" idea that I dislike (not OnePlus perse as a gaming experience)... regardless of that, why not focus the resources of these things to add more features to older devices? To keep the developer program up? to keep the betas at a higher rate?

I believe these clutters the OOS more than it enhances it. But yet again, a simple opinion from a simple mind.

Edit: Maybe if we dropped these things the price wouldn't be going up every single iteration too... just sayin'

11. malidan
    Nougat Jun 12, 2020

12. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer Jun 12, 2020

YRJ , Jun 12, 2020 :
    I'll be honest with you @Gary C. You need to work a lot on instant games. Either polish them or remove it altogether. They look like they were made in a hurry and added just for the sake of it. They are not complementing the premiumness of the device but instead taking away from it.

Tbh, I love the concept but there is still a long way to go. You can invite developers to make suitable games that can enhance the quality of game space.

Good Luck!

13. B_Wrath
    Nougat Jun 12, 2020

B_Wrath , Jun 12, 2020 :
    [​IMG]

14. malidan
    Nougat Jun 12, 2020

malidan , Jun 12, 2020 :
    I dunno man the ROG 2 wouldn't be the ROG 2 without the Armoury Crate, many have tried to imitate and failed.
    Screenshot_20200612-093916.jpg

Screenshot_20200612-095128.jpg

You can't dip into stock Android and do some hardcore tuning without hacks and even then it won't be as asthetically as pleasing as this.

But the game stats is just more copying, but i suppose when you now charge twice the price ( Pro) you have to provide something for your gamers.

Batman360, ASCHENTE_V and Dresa91 like this.
  15. Dunnow

Dunnow , Jun 12, 2020 :
    Well, I guess that if you are going to deliver a 120hz display it better be to deliver proper multimedia, and when I say multimedia I say games, because lets face it... we are not gonna start watching movies at 120fps anytime soon anyway... and scrolling through... 90 was more than enough...

Still, if you are going to be able to dig into settings and do all crazy stuff, sure, add it (again, maybe not pre-baked in) but if you are gonna do a launcher that keeps track of hours with an app in the foreground... what can I say?

The upgrade to Android 10 for the 6t introduced A LOT of lag (stutter actually) on the scrolling... they can better fix that... even though... i'm starting to think it's made on purpose, to make their 120hz screen be a "worthy upgrade"... because I cannot believe that scrolling through notifications or a chat would need to dip to 20fps with stutter...

16. Tobikage
    Nougat Jun 12, 2020

Tobikage , Jun 12, 2020 :
    You need an inbuilt projector and quad speakers for your Netflix branded sponsored phone ? Got it ! ;)

Bloat ? No ! It's Features ! that only phone gamers want. But you'll have them too ?

Y'all could've atleast waited till page 2 you know ! :rolleyes:

malidan, superplus, B_Wrath and 3 others like this.
  17. Dresa91

Dresa91 , Jun 12, 2020 :
    :p

malidan, ASCHENTE_V and Tobikage like this.
  18. malidan
    Nougat Jun 12, 2020

malidan , Jun 12, 2020 :
    The funny thing is it happens on the 90 and 120 OP's too, I've seen it demonstrated.
    I am more than happy with the smoothness of my Mate 20 Pro and P30 Pro they hold very nicely at 62fps, the ROG is on a level at 120hz but it is not something I would pay for. The refresh rate hype is at least adding $100 to phone prices for very little return in my book, as using your device at higher than 60 is still limited.
    I just hope Asus don't follow the rest and bump up the price on the incoming 3, if they do another ltd it will an even bigger hit.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020

ASCHENTE_V and Dresa91 like this.
  19. Dunnow

Dunnow , Jun 12, 2020 :
    how is all that america vs huawei thing? I don't quite like the OS of huawei but their camera was quite nice

indeed the screen refresh isn't a selling factor for me either, as long as it holds at 60fps would be more than enough, 90? nice to have, sure, but not at a 1k pricetag... like... well, if you are gonna pay 1k it better have everything, but I don't want a phone for 1k... would rather invest on new better TV's or computer, even screens. The phone ends up being something I don't use nearly as much as a computer screen...

Anyway... I wish they spent the time fixing the stutter, considering that from Android 9 to 10 I didn't notice anything but that... I wish it was taken more seriously

20. MDFAISALNP
    Cupcake Jun 12, 2020