Bricked my OnePlus 5 times

1. SomeSayImHandSome
    Aug 30, 2014

SomeSayImHandSome , Aug 30, 2014 :
    call it what you will. but when you have no bootloader or everything wiped from your partions and hardware its a brick

Typically, bootloader corruption is the cause of a phone entering QHUSB (Qualcomm High-Speed USB) mode. QHUSB is a very low level, extremely basic level of functionality that your phone can have with your computer; hell, it's so low-level, no one has been able to find the significance of it or how to reverse this mode yet (with the exception of a few people with a few legacy HTC device, and having some very lucky breaks, like Demkantor above me). Think of it as your phone being brain-dead. All of the things that made your phone yours (data, pictures, apps, pretty much everything having to do with data) is gone. Only the basic functions (USB connectivity through QHUSB, battery) are still functioning.

This is truly the worst-case scenario of development. Very sorry to hear.

2. SomeSayImHandSome
    Aug 30, 2014

3. thisguysayswht
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 30, 2014

thisguysayswht , Aug 30, 2014 :
    Do you even know what a JTAG rig is? You realize they had to flash the chip somehow at the factory right?

Anyway, you obviously didn't brick your phone because it works now, so its not a brick, that's the bottom line. End of story.

seether84 likes this.
  4. expotheone
    Honeycomb Aug 30, 2014

expotheone , Aug 30, 2014 :
    For the moment I'm not gonna try to brick it. If got a whole pile of bricks of different brands over here. This time I'm not bricking it. :cool:

5. rnmhaag
    Jelly Bean Aug 30, 2014

rnmhaag , Aug 30, 2014 :
    Obviously you enjoy living on the edge...youth will do that for you.

alebcay likes this.
  6. SomeSayImHandSome
    Aug 30, 2014

if you say so. a brick is a unsuable state. "dead" doesnt turn on. nothing. so end of your story

7. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Aug 30, 2014

dsmonteiro , Aug 30, 2014 :
    It's indeed a hard brick and it seems it's indeed recoverable:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/one...ack-screen-fastboot-adb-t2835696/post55024864

superplus, rayandreas and nubiaz7max like this.
  8. yaltis
    Jelly Bean Aug 30, 2014

yaltis , Aug 30, 2014 :
    i was joking!!!!!!!

9. SomeSayImHandSome
    Aug 30, 2014

rayandreas likes this.
  10. geraldcortez
    Jelly Bean Aug 30, 2014

geraldcortez , Aug 30, 2014 :
    I would have to agree with this.. sorry.. let's just call it soft brick and go ahead and tell us the story as long you don't insist it is a hard brick.. the story is interesting.. I'll read the docu that was provided.

11. lukc87
    Froyo Aug 30, 2014

lukc87 , Aug 30, 2014 :
    I accidentaly bricked it when I was building my house... I don't think mine can be unbricked :/

geraldcortez likes this.
  12. SomeSayImHandSome
    Aug 30, 2014

its ok all make fun we will see when someone really needs help one day :D

lukc87 likes this.
  13. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Aug 30, 2014

superplus and mahvi like this.
  14. mahvi
    Jelly Bean Aug 30, 2014

mahvi , Aug 30, 2014 :
    Teehee.
    [​IMG]

15. lukc87
    Froyo Aug 30, 2014

lukc87 , Aug 30, 2014 :
    I know there's no joy in bricking your phone (software or... well with a real brick). But seriously, I bricked my phone - just not the OPO, but an S3 :) with a real brick.

You can still help me iwth an invite :p

16. SomeSayImHandSome
    Aug 30, 2014

rayandreas and nubiaz7max like this.
  17. thisguysayswht
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 30, 2014

thisguysayswht , Aug 30, 2014 :
    Bricked means you just turned the device into a paperweight, that it is a complete loss, that it is now a "brick".

So seeing as how the phone is now functional, it wasn't truly bricked, ya you obviously did something really stupid and messed it up pretty bad, but the fact that it now functions means it wasn't bricked.

Your making this way more complicated than it is, its pretty straight forward. If its fixable its not truly bricked.

18. SomeSayImHandSome
    Aug 30, 2014

dude a brick is a BRICK. if you have no bootloader and no partitions and the phone does NOT turn on its a BRICK. what would you call it.? even the secondary bootloader was erased.

19. Vector
    Jelly Bean Aug 30, 2014

Vector , Aug 30, 2014 :
    Way to go Soldier! Although most people know these bricks to be called "soft bricks". Typically you need some type of logic board like a J-tag for the hardcore bricks.

BTW, still cool though. I'm glad you've proven it's a relatively safe phone to play with.

20. SomeSayImHandSome
    Aug 30, 2014

if you can call no partitions no bootloader and doesnt power on a soft brick. then we have a new definition of a brick i guess lol