Bricked my OnePlus 5 times

1. HOOLIGAN
    Gingerbread Aug 30, 2014

2. SomeSayImHandSome
    Aug 30, 2014

SomeSayImHandSome , Aug 30, 2014 :
    just because it can be recovered doesnt mean its not a hard brick.

3. geraldcortez
    Jelly Bean Aug 30, 2014

geraldcortez , Aug 30, 2014 :
    Dude, I read the documentation you provided.. I read the XDA posts.. I believe you that you can recover an "almost" dead phone.. but QHUSB requires a cable connection.. a signal.. any phone that can receive a signal is not bricked... it is just not booting, but if it turns on, it's not bricked.. a signal won't be possible if a phone won't turn on.

thisguysayswht likes this.
  4. SomeSayImHandSome
    Aug 30, 2014

you cant turn the phone on. you leave the phone plugged in. it will automatically put it self in this mode.

nubiaz7max likes this.
  5. geraldcortez
    Jelly Bean Aug 30, 2014

I totally understood the process.. I know how to do it now, but I won't gamble just to try it... the only thing I disagree with is assuming that it is a hard brick.. if a phone can still turn on, it's not hard bricked, a lot of things are still possible even without bootloader, as long as it turns on..

nubiaz7max likes this.
  6. giaur500
    Jelly Bean Aug 30, 2014

giaur500 , Aug 30, 2014 :
    I'm pretty sure you can hardware hard brick using the hammer so nope oneplus is not nonbrickable

7. SomeSayImHandSome
    Aug 30, 2014

its fine i still think people are confused what a hard brick is. not all hard bricks are unrecoverable. i think now the phones got more advanced. there are more Safety measures to recover. qualcomms implementation is living proof

8. geraldcortez
    Jelly Bean Aug 30, 2014

anyways... with all the terminologies set aside, I encourage you to do a "how to" in the proper forum.. I believe your process is doable.. and will be very useful to community.

9. southaven1981
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 30, 2014

southaven1981 , Aug 30, 2014 :
    I have software bricked my nexus 5 and 7 more times then I count, before that I software bricked my Ipone 4 like 6 times... Never bricked my one plus when I had it... but my digitizer was faulty .

10. SomeSayImHandSome
    Aug 30, 2014

well they could follow the XDA forums as well. me and a few others in there talked about it. and someone wrote a nice tutorial . me him and a few others were the ones to recover from this so far

rayandreas likes this.
  11. rayandreas

rayandreas , Aug 30, 2014 :
    I seriously think this thread is sad. Ok, people, we know all of you guys are top dog phone experts. I am just thankful that you shared your experience so, God forbid, I find myself in a similar situation that there is someone out there that knows what to do and has gone through it. I appreciate when people share their experiences with the OPO like this. Thank you kind sir.

docMario likes this.
  12. SomeSayImHandSome
    Aug 30, 2014

thanks finally someone else with brains. they will see when they need help. and there crying in desperation lol

rayandreas likes this.
  13. AlisonReid
    Froyo Aug 30, 2014

superplus likes this.
  14. thisguysayswht

thisguysayswht , Aug 30, 2014 :
    I call it an idiot that was messing with things he shouldn't have been messing with. Your quite thick and are not going to listen to anyone (that's pretty obvious considering you jacked your phone up that bad 5 times). You cannot recover a bricked phone, or it wasn't bricked. Its a pretty simple concept bud.

15. SomeSayImHandSome
    Aug 30, 2014

dude are we measuring sizes here? i bricked it on PURPOSE to test. do you have anything good to say other then putting others down because you think you know it all? try it we will see how smart you are

rayandreas likes this.
  16. geraldcortez
    Jelly Bean Aug 30, 2014

Don't get me wrong.. I totally applaud the guy for sharing this.. I am not a noob in electronics, but knowing this is like breaking new grounds for me... I save the documentation and bookmarked the thread in XDA as well... bottom line, it's just a matter of disagreements in terminologies.

rayandreas likes this.
  17. rass314
    Honeycomb Aug 30, 2014

rass314 , Aug 30, 2014 :
    I in the way of doing all this Hard bricked my Atrix 2 a year back (its dead now)... Its awesome to know that 1+1 doesn't get Hard Bricked but i will prefer to use it with Cyanogen Mod

18. SomeSayImHandSome
    Aug 30, 2014

dont tell me what to mess with. i am no noob when it comes to this stuff. or i wouldnt be typing right now in this thread

rayandreas likes this.
  19. Deactivated User
    Aug 30, 2014

rayandreas likes this.
  20. SomeSayImHandSome
    Aug 30, 2014

good explain it to these fools then ugh

rayandreas likes this.