Bricked Oneplus 2...

1. sncalaska
    Gingerbread Dec 25, 2015

sncalaska , Dec 25, 2015 :
    Are there any linux mint/ubuntu/debian people out there who can tell me how to unbrick?
    i was trying to unroot my phone for yesterday's Oxygen update (12/24/15) and apparently really screwed up.
    couldn't remove SU#.
    i am sure my mistake was in TWRP. am afraid i wiped the phone. not positive.

Scenario: i have either a black screen or a black screen with the 1+ and android logos. i can also get into fastboot mode, but that is not helping.
    if i hold power and down volume button, 1+2 will turn the above logos on and off and make a short vibration like phone wants to power up, but it does not.

my linux os will not mount my 1+2; i suppose the phone is in charging mode preventing the mounting. so, i can't see what may or maynot be in phone.
    can anyone offer some clear-cut steps? windows executable files will not help as linux and windows are incompatable.

i can do command line if you have the steps.
    got in over my head trying to teach myself how to root phone with google searches. no clue i could end up bricked.

i am on a 2+ hour hold now to chat w/1+! i also sent a support ticket, but who knows on that...
    sncalaska

2. SoniaB
    Head Moderator; Community Hero 2020 Head Moderator Dec 25, 2015

3. Dr. Indest
    Lollipop Dec 25, 2015

Dr. Indest , Dec 25, 2015 :
    Probably much easier to boot into a bart live cd, so you can run exe files.

If you go that route, look at my sig.

Tokolozi, Chugz and SoniaB like this.
  4. decentralized
    Gingerbread Dec 25, 2015

SoniaB likes this.
  5. sncalaska
    Gingerbread Dec 25, 2015

SoniaB likes this.
  6. zurpus
    Cupcake Dec 25, 2015

zurpus , Dec 25, 2015 :
    Did the same thing :( Also needing advice on how to restore as Windows 8 doesn't see device when in fastboot mode...

sncalaska likes this.
  7. techfan
    Froyo Dec 25, 2015

techfan , Dec 25, 2015 :

Try this link to see if it'll help....
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-2/general/oneplus-solution-hard-bricked-device-t3183449

8. sncalaska
    Gingerbread Dec 25, 2015

9. sncalaska
    Gingerbread Dec 25, 2015

I'll post if support gets a solution. maybe above post will help you (this link): http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-2/general/oneplus-solution-hard-bricked-device-t3183449
    those downloads may work on windows as they appear to be executable type files.
    i'm down to #12 on support chat and waiting...
    windows should be easier than linux. good luck!

10. zurpus
    Cupcake Dec 25, 2015

zurpus , Dec 25, 2015 :
    Yea, tried everything from that post too. Also stayed up too late last night messing around with my phone... Good thing it's not my daily driver (yet)... It was not being recognized before I wiped everything including operating system last night (I am a dumbass). Weird thing is at one point (and I mean ONCE) it was recognized in ADB mode but since then nothing... Just want to restore back to stock and I won't mess with it again I promise (Oneplus) !

11. Dr. Indest
    Lollipop Dec 25, 2015

12. mwayner
    Lollipop Dec 25, 2015

13. sncalaska
    Gingerbread Dec 25, 2015

Mwayner, looks like this web page is geared towards MS windows. i am seeing .rar and .zip files. .zip is definitely windows. i am downloading extensively and getting executable files=no go w/linux.
    i am on linux mint OS. i'll look more closely, but will likely need a linux geek to get to the bottom of this. hoping for some command line prompts.
    i am on my second incredibly long cue today trying to chat w/1+ (at about 4 hours and yet to connect w/1+).
    i think christmas is over for chat ctr. because they are probably on the other side of dateline...
    i have to do something quick because i now have no working phone.
    thank you.

14. sncalaska
    Gingerbread Dec 25, 2015

Yes, i googled it. if i can't find a simplier solution in the linux environment, i'll research BartPE live CD more.
    i'm #4 in cue for op chat, but have waited 4 hrs. to get this far.
    let me see what op says if their chat doesn't crash again.
    thanks for your input.
    i suppose i could do vm or wine to deal w/windows executables. i like to keep it simple...
    i do see all your post.

15. sncalaska
    Gingerbread Dec 25, 2015

A BartPE system image is created using PE Builder, a freewareprogram created by Bart Lagerweij. It requires a legal copy of Windows XP or Windows Server 2003. no xp or server 2003...

16. sncalaska
    Gingerbread Dec 26, 2015

sncalaska , Dec 26, 2015 :
    i got contact from 1+ to do a remote on new years eve.
    but they want a windows machine. i have a hard drive on the way and will hopefully have some flavor of windows by then so i can do "windows files."
    guess i'll dual boot so i can hang onto my linux os.
    sounds like op will help fix my phone; that is indeed good news.
    they sent me downloads if anyone needs them.
    windows will of course work with some of solutions offered in this thread.

17. zurpus
    Cupcake Dec 26, 2015

zurpus , Dec 26, 2015 :
    I have no OS ! Turning on USB debugging is not an option at this time. TWRP seems to work but I cannot "push" any files to the device. I put the device in "fastboot" but no recognition of device with ADB. I put device into ADB Sideload mode (in TWRP) & get a device number with "adb devices" command but error "pushing" files to device assuming because USB debugging disabled ? All I want to do is get a *.zip or *.img file to the phone to flash but am unable. I am not a fluent android hacker but am a fairly intelligent individual and have been custom building my own computers for the last 20 years... Phone was previously rooted & did have SU working before I inadvertently "Bricked" my freaking OP2

sncalaska likes this.
  18. anupritaisno1
    KitKat Dec 26, 2015

anupritaisno1 , Dec 26, 2015 :
    I've got the factory files but you need windows for the recovery

sncalaska likes this.
  19. anupritaisno1
    KitKat Dec 26, 2015

anupritaisno1 , Dec 26, 2015 :
    I've sent you a pm and we'll start from there

sncalaska and Yashrajsinh like this.
  20. zurpus
    Cupcake Dec 26, 2015

zurpus , Dec 26, 2015 :
    UPDATE:
    Hello, I think I have figured it out. Forum users keep referring to older threads to read with links to older versions of ADB, Finally saw a message saying I must use version 1.0.32 or newer for my particular device (OP2). Checked version & I had 1.0.31. Have so far successfully sideloaded an older version of Oxygen and am currently installing the OTA I received yesterday which previously failed I believe due to root ? Stupidly wiped the whole damn phone out of frustration. Was considering trying a version of CM before "bricking" the phone but might just live with Oxygen at the moment. OTA Successfull !!
    LESSON:
    Make sure all programs are "newest" versions from reliable sources
    p.s.
    Thank you anupritaisno1 for offering to help me ! ONEPLUS Forum members ROCK !

Last edited: Dec 26, 2015

sncalaska likes this.