Bricked Oneplus One in Strange Manner

1. pateldivy
    Cupcake Oct 2, 2015

pateldivy , Oct 2, 2015 :
    My opo got bricked shockingly in ideal condition only means I was not doing anything on it. It is not rooted also. It was on charging through laptop and suddenly it got into bootloop (upto my knowledge it means soft brick) and in that I was able to go into fastboot mode only for 3 to 4 sec then again bootloop starts and was not able to open recovery mode.

Then I drained battery and tried again then too still same problem but this time when I press combination of fastboot mode i.e. volume up + power key for minimum 5 sec then on my laptop it shows QHSUHB_BULK (upto my knowledge it means hard brick).

So I am unable to understand which type of bricking it is either soft or hard? Can any one tell me which type of bricking is this and what is solution?

And in this condition is it possible to get backup of my data (photos, videos, etc) ?

2. Dr. Indest
    Lollipop Oct 2, 2015

Dr. Indest , Oct 2, 2015 :
    First off, you cannot enter fastboot while connected to your computer.

Unplug the device to enter fastboot. If you see the screen show fastboot, it can be fixed.

3. pateldivy
    Cupcake Oct 2, 2015

without usb cable plugged in I cannot turn on my device as battery is completely drained, so I disconnected it from laptop and attached it to adapter and then tried but same result can't get in fastboot mode and instead only black screen appears with that combination.

4. pbergonzi
    KitKat Oct 2, 2015

pbergonzi , Oct 2, 2015 :
    Be glad @indest stopped by and follow his instruction--he may be the quickest way to get your phone back.

#HYPEorGTFO, pateldivy and Dr. Indest like this.
  5. Dr. Indest
    Lollipop Oct 2, 2015

Wait for the phone to charge on the power adaptor for 1 hour.

Again, the phone cannot be connected to a cable in order to enter fastboot (unless you are within the OS, which you cannot access).

6. pateldivy
    Cupcake Oct 2, 2015

Ok but as soon as I give power supply my device gets into bootloop so will it get charged in this condition?

7. Dr. Indest
    Lollipop Oct 2, 2015

Hold the power button till it turns off. It will then turn back on and show you a battery being charged.

8. pateldivy
    Cupcake Oct 2, 2015

Already tried it many times. I've kept it holding for round 20 sec but still no effect. only 1 combination gives any response which is volume up + power none other key has effect.

9. Dr. Indest
    Lollipop Oct 2, 2015

So you can enter recovery?

Edit: I meant fastboot.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2015

10. pateldivy
    Cupcake Oct 2, 2015

11. Dr. Indest
    Lollipop Oct 2, 2015

What response to you get then?

Anyhow, even in a bootloop, it should charge, albeit slower, but it will charge.

12. pateldivy
    Cupcake Oct 2, 2015

In response, on my device its completely black screen but if device is connected with laptop then in device manager it shows QHSUSB_BULK.

ok then I'll keep it for charging.

13. Dr. Indest
    Lollipop Oct 2, 2015

14. Dr. Indest
    Lollipop Oct 2, 2015

Ok, sorry, I am trying to help 2 ppl at the same time and you guys are confusing me.

If you press volume up + power, you get a response? The response it the bulk driver crap?

15. pateldivy
    Cupcake Oct 2, 2015

Sorry for any language mistake and creating confusion.

yes you are right i get that response.

16. Dr. Indest
    Lollipop Oct 2, 2015

ok unplug your phone now.

Then hold down the Power + volume up button until you see a blue robot and it say fastboot...

The robot will be faint.

gmo8492 likes this.
  17. Dr. Indest
    Lollipop Oct 2, 2015

18. Qazi.Rza
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 2, 2015

pateldivy likes this.
  19. ButterFlYnez
    Jelly Bean Oct 2, 2015

ButterFlYnez , Oct 2, 2015 :
    I love it when those two go at it! Will definitely read this thread tomorrow, hopefully the issue will be resolved by then.

pateldivy likes this.
  20. pateldivy
    Cupcake Oct 3, 2015

pateldivy , Oct 3, 2015 :
    I've kept mobile in charging for 3 hrs with continuous bootloop goingon and after when I unplugged then it behaved as if there is no charging and mobile got lilbit heated from back. In short, mobile din't got charged.