Bricked OP2

1. Thecuckooman
    Gingerbread Sep 14, 2016

Thecuckooman , Sep 14, 2016 :
    OnePlus why are you so shit?

Your recent update bricked my phone.

Someone spend 2.5 hours remotely trying to flash up my phone, failed, then said goodbye.

Today 'Sheila' will take 2 days, 2 FCKING DAYS to email me a pre-paid envelope label

I will never buy your shit again

2. Tobikage
    Nougat Sep 14, 2016

3. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Sep 14, 2016

toastytoast1234 , Sep 14, 2016 :
    You would think Radar would have seen that coming.

Thecuckooman and Tokolozi like this.
  4. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar Sep 14, 2016

Tokolozi , Sep 14, 2016 :
    Well there is a community that can help pretty well with bricked devices as well. But anyhow tadeyho, hope you're better off at the next brand.

Tobikage and Pahapoika91 like this.
  5. Thecuckooman
    Gingerbread Sep 14, 2016

Oneplus2

Won't switch on, won't recharge (please don't tell me to hold the power volume buttons!!)

6. Pahapoika91
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 14, 2016

Pahapoika91 , Sep 14, 2016 :
    Hold power buttons:D

7. youbi
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Sep 14, 2016

youbi , Sep 14, 2016 :
    Hi,

I moved your thread to the OP2 general support section (I think you are talking about an op2 right?), you weren't exactly explicit about your issue. ;)

Sorry about the issue you are facing, It seems your phone is already being picked up, so the warranty seems to be in action.

What exactly happened with your phone for it to brick? Unfortunately this things happen from time to time with smartphones from every company, the important thing is that the warranty does her job now.

If you need help with anything just ask. ;)

meatandy, mojoyoyo77 and Tobikage like this.
  8. Tobikage
    Nougat Sep 14, 2016

Tobikage , Sep 14, 2016 :
    It's dead alright.

Didn't get stuck at the OnePlus logo or anything like a few others experienced ? Just died ?

Oh....and you'll have to be patient with support.
    There's no getting around the whole step by step process.

meatandy likes this.
  9. sadoMasupilami
    Cupcake Sep 14, 2016

10. Pahapoika91

11. Thecuckooman
    Gingerbread Sep 14, 2016

I'm talking about my OP2, yes

The screen showed that a cyngenmod (whatever you call it) was available, so I hit update it started to update with the bar across the bottom, then it got to the optimise apps and just white screened. The screen went white, I left it overnight on recharge but the recharge red light didn't light up, and in the morning the phone was dead. So I tried to reboot, and nothing, I try to recharge and nothing.

I have already sent this phone back once when the finger print button failed. Since you have access to my account you can see that I have sent this back already and I am still in my warranty period. To sent something that cost £289 back twice is unacceptable, the quality is failing whilst the price goes up.

Send me the prepaid label now (please, why I'm saying please I have no idea)

12. Thecuckooman
    Gingerbread Sep 14, 2016

13. Pahapoika91

Pahapoika91 , Sep 14, 2016 :
    So ur phone doesnt charge, ur computer doesnt regonize it and it wont boot to any mode. (Fastboot or revovery?)

14. Thecuckooman
    Gingerbread Sep 14, 2016

It won't boot
    It won't charge
    I think the pc found it, but when he ran the flash up y' phone software it would not start (i say I think, as he was remotely doing it I was watching tv here in the UK)

15. youbi

youbi , Sep 14, 2016 :
    You are talking about the Oxygen OS update right? Cyanogen was on the opo.

What happened to you is strange, it seems that something went wrong when the update was being made. In my case the latest update went without any issues and haven't seem anyone with that problem, it seems you were the unlucky one. :oops:

Regarding the shipping labels and that sort of things we moderators can't see that, we only help here in the forums and have a more direct contact with admins that take care of those matters, we don't work for Oneplus. :sweatsmile:

I'm sure your phone will be picked up in the next day or so, if nothing happens please tell me and I will try to help you.

meatandy likes this.
  16. Thecuckooman
    Gingerbread Sep 14, 2016

I'm not a techy, I buy the product and expect it to work, if you think it was the Oxygen update, then it was. I don't care how I got here, my phone is fcked because of your update - period. I want it fixed. To be honest I don't care a jot that your update was successful and that is just rubbing salt in the wounds.

You say "it seems that something went wrong when the update was being made" Are you taking the p1ss or something, it's freakin obvious something went wrong with the update.

You said "It seems your phone is already being picked up, so the warranty seems to be in action." So you can see my account - right?

I know you are here to help, but so far you haven't helped, you have just posted stuff that would win you the Darwin award for truely stupid comments

You contact OnePlus and tell them to email me the pre-paid label, just be helpful once.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016

17. youbi

youbi , Sep 14, 2016 :
    It seems that you missed my point, I'm not either an Oneplus employee neither a software developer, so that "your update" doesn't really makes sense. :rolleyes: And you don't really need to be a techy to know the name of the stuff you are using. I was just trying to understand if you could have flashed a different OS in your phone (which is quite common on this forums since Oneplus allows users to do that).

As for the rest I was just trying to show to you that the problem that affected you was a rare one, just that, nothing more.

I don't need to see your account to say that, you said it yourself...

Thanks once again for showing me that If someone starts a stupid and nonsense thread (without no real content or explanation about his issue and just with simple rant) there's no point in actually trying to help him. o_O

I sure have better things to do then being here and listening to your rant... :rolleyes:

Good luck with your issue, I'm sure that CS will take care of it.

meatandy likes this.
  18. Thecuckooman
    Gingerbread Sep 14, 2016

As a moderator for OnePlus, you project yourself as a OnePlus representative, so when you say "stupid and nonsense thread". My problem is not "stupid and nonsense", but OnePlus have failed at every stage of this process. They initially told me someone would call me at 9pm UK on Sunday night, no one did, and when I logged in on Monday morning I had received an email about connecting to a session, so I missed my session to fix it. LAst night s 2.5 hours of wasted time, again failed to fix my phone, now it's 2 days to get a label to stick on a parcel!!

but then according to you my problem is "stupid and nonsense". Cheers, but you've just shown your true colours.

19. youbi

youbi , Sep 14, 2016 :
    Once again you miss interpret my words, were have I said that your issue is stupid or nonsense?!? :confused:

The only thing I'm saying here is about your thread, were it really seems you just created not because you wanted help (you gave no details) but just because you wanted to complain to "the world" and use some "nice" words when doing it.

I offered my help to you and the only thing I got in return was some nice words about me, so sorry if i will just choose on not doing it anymore. Like you said your self "you've just shown your true colours" when you created this thread. ;)

I know your issue is quite real and I really hope your problem gets solved soon, but that doesn't give you the right to treat bad other people.

Best of luck.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016

20. Thecuckooman
    Gingerbread Sep 14, 2016

You state "Thanks once again for showing me that If someone starts a stupid and nonsense thread (without no real content or explanation about his issue and just with simple rant) there's no point in actually trying to help him" I started this thread because the people at OnePlus are failing over and over again. I want someone from OnePlus to step up to the plate and do something constructive to help resolve the problem, instead of saying I'll have to wait at least 2 days for someone to pdf a prepaid label and email it to me.

Please clarify what help you have offered because you state "Regarding the shipping labels and that sort of things we moderators can't see that, we only help here in the forums and have a more direct contact with admins that take care of those matters, we don't work for Oneplus."

You are here to help / support OnePlus users, so telling me that your update worked and mine is in the minority doesn't help anyone.

So can you actually help in moving this forward or are you just a moderator?