Bricked OP5?

1. Mr_Cyrox
    KitKat Mar 27, 2018

Mr_Cyrox , Mar 27, 2018 :
    hello i'm really worried that i bricked my op5 and i need same help
    i unlocked my bootloader installed TWRP and magisk (if thats correct) and i set a pattern
    later i made a backup and installed lineage os 15.1 and diidnt like it as much as OOS and used my backup to restore changes but at the end i gave me this message 'Failed to mount '/system' (structure needs cleaning) but i ignored it and booted into OOS but it asked for my pattern i typed it in but it didint work and i remembered that i forgot to remove the pattern and now i was stuck and am at the lock so i tried factory reseting it worked but it gave me the same error as above but it did the reset tried to boot to OOS but i sayed i dont have OS (this freaked me out) so i proceed with the boot and it still asked for a pattern but it was reseted to factory defaults i tried to move my files through ADB Sideload trying the: ADB Push (Stock OOS 5.0.4 name.zip /data/media/0/ but it gave me an error 'error: closed' i used ADB Sideload because i cant get into my device with the USB cable it shows up as 'unspecified'...
    so i hope the OP commnity can help me here because i have no options left...

SOLUTION:
    To get this out of the way i used codeworkx TWRP for this so lets get to the point...
    1. Download this program to make ADB have Large Address Aware: https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/large-address-aware.112556/
    and use it as instructed on the ADB.exe file (i'm guessing you have adb and the drivers installed on your pc)
    2. Download the Official OOS ROM from: http://downloads.oneplus.net and put it in your adb folder (you can rename it for easier typing to not stuff up if you cant copy and paste the name)
    3. Boot your phone to the recovery (TWRP)
    4. go to the file manager /data/system/ and delete (just in case)
    gatekeeper.password.key
    gatekeeper.pattern.key
    locksettings.db
    locksettings.db-shm
    locksettings.db-wal
    5. go to ADB Sideload and start it
    6. on pc click Shift+ right click in the adb folder on an empty space and click create power shell window here
    7. type in ADB Devices if your device serial number shows up and it says sideload your good
    8. type in adb sideload [your OOS ROM file name that you downloaded from downloads.oneplus.net].zip
    9. after it's done reboot your phone
    done
    (If you are stuck on 'Just a sec...' screen do a factory reset on your Stock recovery (it got replaced because the ROM changed the files)

Special thanks to: @Hydra Bob @Sridhar Ananthanarayanan @idkwhoiam322 @Paschfire
    For helping solve this problem and i hope this helps sameone else

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018

2. Mr_Cyrox
    KitKat Mar 27, 2018

also my devise shows up in ADB as in Sideload state
    i was using TWRP 3.2.1.1 (Official)

3. dinjesk
    KitKat Mar 27, 2018

dinjesk , Mar 27, 2018 :
    because u forgot to remove the pattern, ur data is encrypted and can't be Accessed again.

format data in twrp which will remove everything on the phone. then clean flash the full rom zip of oos. should be good to go again

Mr_Cyrox and Praty_28 like this.
  4. Hydra Bob
    Marshmallow Mar 27, 2018

Hydra Bob , Mar 27, 2018 :
    Switch to codeworkx modified TWRP from XDA, factory reset again, and sideload the OOS ROM over adb.

Mr_Cyrox and idkwhoiam322 like this.
  5. Mr_Cyrox
    KitKat Mar 27, 2018

I really don't want to flash more roms/recovery's or anything in general
    will it work if i order a OTG cable and use my flash drive to transfer the OOS rom?

6. Mr_Cyrox
    KitKat Mar 27, 2018

also i cant transfer files as i mentioned in the first post

7. Hydra Bob
    Marshmallow Mar 27, 2018

Best Answer
    You won't have to with that method. Download the codeworkx TWRP file and the full ROM to your PC. From there you can boot into download mode and flash the recovery image using fastboot and after that boot into TWRP, factory reset and flash the ROM over adb sideload mode. It should work even if there's nothing on the phone at all.

Edit: And oh you should probably format your data from TWRP after you factory reset too like someone else suggested above.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018

Mr_Cyrox, idkwhoiam322 and dinjesk like this.
  8. Mr_Cyrox
    KitKat Mar 27, 2018

Attached Files:

9. Hydra Bob
    Marshmallow Mar 27, 2018

The universal one is what I use. It doesn't have the issues with decryption that others seem to have.

Mr_Cyrox likes this.
  10. Mr_Cyrox
    KitKat Mar 27, 2018

I did what you told me but recovery also had the pattern after flashing codework TWRP it wasint working so i clicked cancel and got to the menu so i did factory reset, and tried flashing ROM with ADB Sideload i got an arror that the zip whas corrupted then this poped up in my computer...

Attached Files:

11. Mr_Cyrox
    KitKat Mar 27, 2018

also the same folder names are at my phone's file manager... is my 'sdcard' memory folder corrupted?

12. Hydra Bob
    Marshmallow Mar 27, 2018

I think you'll have to format data in TWRP after you factory reset. The failed decryption from earlier completely scrambled your phone's brains and it can't make sense of anything in storage.

Mr_Cyrox likes this.
  13. Mr_Cyrox
    KitKat Mar 27, 2018

did that but the same thing is happening
    also i looked at the backup section and its showing that the system needs 17592186044373MB of space to back up o_O
    I think my phone is done for...

14. Paschfire
    KitKat Mar 27, 2018

Paschfire , Mar 27, 2018 :
    You should always remove/delete any passwords/pins/fingerprints before making any backups or when restoring a backup.

Mr_Cyrox likes this.
  15. Mr_Cyrox
    KitKat Mar 27, 2018

Well i already realized that...

16. Paschfire
    KitKat Mar 27, 2018

Can you still enter and access recovery? or are you locked out?

Mr_Cyrox likes this.
  17. Mr_Cyrox
    KitKat Mar 27, 2018

i'm in the recovery not knowing what to do...
    I'm giving my hopes up for fixing this phone...

18. Hydra Bob
    Marshmallow Mar 27, 2018

Huh that really should've worked. If TWRP successfully formatted your data then it should be a blank slate. You still have the unbrick tool as an option though if you're sure you did everything else correctly.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/forum....5/how-to/unbrick-tool-oneplus-5-t3648169/amp/

Mr_Cyrox likes this.
  19. Mr_Cyrox
    KitKat Mar 27, 2018

Well what if i tell u that i already tried that?
    My phone shows up same quencel QDLoader 9003 (COM3) device... instead of qualcomm 9003 for same reason...

20. Paschfire
    KitKat Mar 27, 2018

K, using TWRP file manager navigate into /Data/System/

To remove any previous passwords/pins/fingerprints etc..

Delete the following (if not present skip)

gatekeeper.password.key
    gatekeeper.pattern.key
    locksettings.db
    locksettings.db-shm
    locksettings.db-wal

Then reboot recovery.

you should now be able to factory reset, flash a ROM etc..