Brightness Slider

1. SWCurtis
    Eclair Dec 5, 2017

SWCurtis , Dec 5, 2017 :
    Fix the brightness slider in the Notification menu to not be so, weird. Anyone else think the slider could use some adjusting?

CS_, pl.nielsen, SeddyOP and 2 others like this.
  2. G_Joel_Brace_BKfJ
    Eclair Dec 5, 2017

pl.nielsen, Ryanf78, SeddyOP and 3 others like this.
  3. thebenshields
    Froyo Dec 26, 2017

thebenshields , Dec 26, 2017 :
    Bumping this thread in hopes that OnePlus might notice the issue. The slider feels like:

0% = Very dim

5% = Slightly dim

10% = Medium

20% = High

35% = Very High

50% = Super high

100%= Ultra high

but I don't see why that should be the case. I don't think anyone would have a problem with the slider being proportional to the actual brightness. At night it is very difficult to get the slider in the desired spot without being blinded.

4. G_le_bucur_RhyH
    Froyo Jan 10, 2018

thebenshields likes this.
  5. uamq
    Cupcake Jan 10, 2018

6. RayD97
    Eclair Jun 9, 2018

RayD97 , Jun 9, 2018 :
    I want the brightness slider to show after 1 pulldown of the notification shade, not after 2 swipes. It's annoying to have to swipe twice to get to brightness

Ryanf78 and thebenshields like this.
  7. thebenshields
    Froyo Jun 9, 2018

thebenshields , Jun 9, 2018 :
    Try swiping down with 2 fingers at the same time. It fully expands the quick settings automatically.

万文奂 likes this.
  8. SeddyOP
    Honeycomb Jun 10, 2018

SeddyOP , Jun 10, 2018 :
    The problem is that we percieve brightness exponentially, yet the OP5 slider is set to change linearly (in amount of lux). That's why it feels weird (or atleast I think that's the reason).

Think of it like this:

If you are in complete darkness and you turn on one lightbulb, you'll get blinded.
    If you are in a room with one lighbulb on, and you turn on another one, it feels like double the amount of light.

YET, if you're in a room with 1000 lightbulbs turned on and you turn on one more, you'll probably barely notice the difference, if any at all.

So OnePlus should've thought about this, but I don't think they did.

万文奂 likes this.
  9. RayD97
    Eclair Jun 15, 2018

RayD97 , Jun 15, 2018 :
    Thanks, I know about that already, but the brightness slider should have the option to show it after one swipe

10. pl.nielsen
    Donut Jul 6, 2018

pl.nielsen , Jul 6, 2018 :
    It should be an option to show it just below the first row of quick setting like in LG and Samsung (option)

RayD97 likes this.
  11. WindyCity63
    Eclair Jul 6, 2018

WindyCity63 , Jul 6, 2018 :
    No not at all. The full brightness helps a lot because where I live it can get really sunny. If they change it everybody around there would ditch OnePlus.

12. Kytharsis
    Marshmallow Jul 6, 2018

Kytharsis , Jul 6, 2018 :
    There isn't, unfortunately.