Bringing an Ultra-Smooth 120Hz Fluid Display experience to the OnePlus 8T

1. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Sep 22, 2020

dsmonteiro , Sep 22, 2020 :
    120 Hz announcement.png

Hey everyone,

The date for the big announcement is already set – October 14, 2020. But with almost a month to go before the OnePlus 8T is finally unveiled, I want to tell you a bit more about the component you interact more with – the display.

After setting a trend for high refresh rate displays with OnePlus 7 Pro, we introduced our first-ever 120 Hz display with the OnePlus 8 Pro back in April. Now, we are bringing the same buttery smooth experience to the flat 120 Hz display of the OnePlus 8T.

As @Pete himself said, “with technology evolving and manufacturing technology improving, we are able to bring 120Hz to a wider range of our products, providing the best-in-class display technology and experience to even more people."

OnePlus 8T’s display is more than just a number, though. It’s a better display, with true-to-life colors and unrivaled comfort.

Better Display, Even Better
    The display on the OnePlus 8T supports an impressive refresh rate of 120Hz, technology only available on top flagship lineups during the first half of 2020. Together with a sampling rate of up to 240Hz and reduced latency, users will be able to enjoy the most intense games with remarkable fluidity and scroll effortlessly through social media feeds, enjoying a buttery smooth display experience.

To draw out the true potential of a 120Hz display, OnePlus software team implemented as many as 142 optimizations in the new OxygenOS 11 so far to give users the best fast and smooth experience possible.

Color as You’ve Never Seen It
    To ensure the highest color accuracy possible across the industry, the panels of OnePlus 8T went through rigorous color calibration process. With a Just Noticeable Color Difference (JNCD) of around 0.3, every detail appears natural and true-to-life.

Furthermore with 100% DCI-P3, the color space favored by the film industry, the OnePlus 8T can display more colors than ordinary display panels. This provides a richer, more accurate color expression, helping to earn an overall A+ display rating from DisplayMate.

With its FHD+ 2.5D flexible display and HDR10+ standard, you’ll have an immersive viewing experience whether it is watching HD videos, swiping through photos or playing games.

Unmatched Comfort
    The OnePlus 8 Pro’s flicker-detect sensor is also added to the OnePlus 8T with environmental sensitivity. In addition, we also raised the brightness adjustment scale to 8,192 levels, which is equivalent to 8 times the average brightness level difference detectable to the human eye, making the transition between various brightness settings feel natural and comfortable.

Also, using the same E3 luminescent material as the 8 series, OnePlus 8T’s 120Hz Fluid Display reduces potential harmful blue light, allowing users to enjoy even more screen time.

We can’t wait to share all there is to know about the OnePlus 8T on October 14. If you don’t want to miss a thing head over to https://www.oneplus.com/launch and hit that Notify Me button. By doing so you’ll also have the chance to win discount vouchers and even a OnePlus 8T!

2. Tokolozi
    Nougat Sep 22, 2020

Tokolozi , Sep 22, 2020 :
    Great, Higher refresh rates is what will truly define this generation of flagships!

3. Swatiranjan
    KitKat Sep 22, 2020

4. Shubham_Ag.
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 22, 2020

Shubham_Ag. , Sep 22, 2020 :
    Excited to see if 8T manages well with the higher refresh rate display! All the best 👍

5. Shubham_Ag.

7. Tokolozi
    Nougat Sep 22, 2020

Sounds like a plan then, hopefully you can purchase one soon.

8. IamIRONSman
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Sep 22, 2020

LilR, Anwik Kadam, TheJuli and 14 others like this.
  10. Tokolozi
    Nougat Sep 22, 2020

How about they do them at the same time?

invocat, Achman and agoinfly like this.

Achman likes this.
  12. faisal337
    Froyo Sep 22, 2020

faisal337 , Sep 22, 2020 :
    Please don't mess up this time with Displays like Color tint issues, ghosting, burn in and what not.
    It has become a meme at this point in the Tech community

13. Pradeep Singh
    Froyo Sep 22, 2020

14. sumitMZ007
    Honeycomb Sep 22, 2020

15. Rajnish_Dhull

16. naheedmir
    Gingerbread Sep 22, 2020

naheedmir , Sep 22, 2020 :
    Hi,
    Yes. All true. I am also a great fan of OnePlus. The feature of OnePlus I like the most is the unique camera results. I also appreciate OnePlus' quick responses and updates.
    Thanks

17. Batman360
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Sep 22, 2020

18. naheedmir
    Gingerbread Sep 22, 2020

naheedmir , Sep 22, 2020 :
    Hi There,

I am also a user of OnePlus and many of my friends are using OnePlus products. It's a wonderful step by OnePlus and I am also pleased to hear that an Ultra-Smooth 120 Hz fluid display is going to be introduced in the OnePlus 8T.

vijay.kumar354, Leo X. and buntycubal like this.
  19. BenD1456
    Froyo Sep 22, 2020

BenD1456 , via OnePlus Nord , Sep 22, 2020 :
    OnePlus has the fastest and most smooth software around, when you partner that with 120hz it makes the experience unlike anything else. Here's to hoping that the display will be better quality assured so there will be no tint issues with this one :)

20. HR96HERO
    Cupcake Sep 22, 2020

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020