BroadBand Data Consumption increased on OnePlus TV as compared to Amazon Fire Stick

1. rajeshsharm
    Cupcake Dec 9, 2019

rajeshsharm , Dec 9, 2019 :
    Hi All,

I was using Amazon Fire stick from the last two years and recently purchased OnePlus TV last month.
    One thing I have noticed that the data consumption on my Airtel Broadband got increased since the time I start using OnePlus TV. Video quality on Amazon Fire Stick is 1080x760. How can I optimize the bandwidth utilization or enable the Data saver in OnePlus TV?

2. Angela C.
    OnePlus TV Multimedia Leader Staff Member Dec 9, 2019

Angela C. , Dec 9, 2019 :
    Do you want to reduce the resolution?

3. rajeshsharm
    Cupcake Dec 9, 2019

rajeshsharm , Dec 9, 2019 :
    I am not sure. How can I save the data consumption as well as get the quality video.

4. Angela C.
    OnePlus TV Multimedia Leader Staff Member Dec 10, 2019

Angela C. , Dec 10, 2019 :
    The data of the video source is positively related to the quality of the video.It also related to the codec.But the codec is fixed,it depends on the source provider.So if you want to see the high quality of the picture,you need to greater network bandwidth.

cdnfarmer likes this.
  5. rajeshsharm
    Cupcake Dec 10, 2019

rajeshsharm , Dec 10, 2019 :
    How can I set/reduce the resolution on OnePlus TV?

6. Angela C.
    OnePlus TV Multimedia Leader Staff Member Dec 10, 2019

Best Answer
    Angela C. , Dec 10, 2019 :
    The prime video apk doesn't have a option to select the resolution of video source.This is designed by the prime video. Other apks like youtube have this option: play a video ==>press ok button ==>More ==>Quality

7. ginzon
    Donut Dec 11, 2019

ginzon , Dec 11, 2019 :
    Change the respective app Video quality settings to Good/Medium instead of Better/Best/High... That's the way you save your bandwidth..

Last month consumption on my OnePlus TV was 500GB :D .. I have watched a hell lot of things... On HDR and 4k..

8. rajeshsharm
    Cupcake Dec 11, 2019

rajeshsharm , Dec 11, 2019 :
    Thank you. I have the limit of 280 GB per month.

9. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Dec 17, 2019

Venky61 , Dec 17, 2019 :
    Hi... Unfortunately the video quality selection is restricted by the Apps itself. If the app provides an option, you can select it to stream in lower resolution like how Youtube provides it.
    Similar option is also available in Hotstar, Jio TV, Zee5 etc where you better select the quality as Medium instead of High to save the data. For Prime video, there's no option.

rajeshsharm likes this.
  10. ginzon
    Donut Dec 19, 2019

ginzon , Dec 19, 2019 :
    Prime Video do have option to reduce quality... It's always been there..

11. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Dec 19, 2019

Venky61 , Dec 19, 2019 :
    Prime video has that option only on Fire Stick and Android Mobile App. It was never provided on the Android TV OS platform. You can share the trick, if you have that option to choose.

12. mokaeswar
    Gingerbread Dec 20, 2019

mokaeswar , via OnePlus Community App , Dec 20, 2019 :
    Yes, there is no such option for TV and it sucks. As most of the movies play in Ultra HD and we can't even browse on mobile from same WiFi. (Maybe that's what they want, people to stick to TV while watching it without any distractions) However, Data shouldn't be a bigger problem as most of the providers give almost Unlimited.

Venky61 likes this.
  13. Simran K
    Cupcake Staff Member OnePlus Bug Hunter Jan 13, 2020

Simran K , Jan 13, 2020 :
    Dear Customers,

In case, If you have any OnePlus TV related issue in India please email to onepluscare@oneplus.com
    or call us on 1800 102 8411 (9 am - 9 pm, Mon to Sun).

Please share the below information to enable quick support.

Subject Line of Email: OnePlus TV Support
    Name:
    Contact Number:
    Email ID:
    Address:
    City:
    PIN Code:
    Purchase from : Amazon or Reliance
    Purchase Date:
    Purchase Order Number:
    TV Serial Number:
    TV Model: TV55Q1 or TV55Q1Pro

Thank you
    Team OnePlus

Catherine W. and Venky61 like this.
  14. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Jan 13, 2020

Venky61 , Jan 13, 2020 :
    Thanks for sharing the information @Simran K
    As you have shared this, I hope you can also provide the following useful info,
    1. What is the maximum resolution time(Working days) for any service query.
    2. If there are any grievances related to the Service, whom are where to contact? Is it the same mail ID for that too?

Also I would request you to post this info a different thread and pin it so it's visible to everyone.

Thank you.