Broken Screen and crazy bill to fix it

1. zarzaparrilla
    Froyo Aug 12, 2015

zarzaparrilla , Aug 12, 2015 :
    Hi all.

Unfortunately, I broke the screen of my OPO. I crashed it against the floor and its wasted. This is my RMA/support ticket number: 370246

I sent it to the costumer service to get it fixed, and they told me that the cost of the reparation its 120€. That´s amazingly expensive but I decide to do it and pay for it, because the warranty doesn´t cover that kind of damage (understandable). But a few days ago, OPO costumer service told me that the cost of the reparation its going to be 220€. Yes, 220€!!! Crazy, right? They said that I removed the warranty stickers, witch its true (a few months ago I had to disconnect and connect again the battery to reset it because it didn´t charge) and they can´t know if I removed something from the device, and that they have to put a new motherboard.

But my question is… If I don´t want a frikking new motherboard, why should I pay for it? I´m not using the warranty, I´m paying to get my screen fixed. My device works perfectly, the only thing that doesn´t work is the screen, but they don´t want to fix only this.

You understand this nonsense? What should I do? I can´t believe this, I don´t have that kind of money, I bought 3 OnePlus and I´m pretending to buy the one OnePlus Two (and I´m seriously hesitating about that).

2. Kwoon
    Froyo Aug 12, 2015

zarzaparrilla likes this.
  3. ramli7
    KitKat Aug 12, 2015

ramli7 , Aug 12, 2015 :
    Guides.......

http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/general/repair-guide-oneplus-one-disassembly-t2979351

https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/OnePlus One Teardown/26484

Buy from here........( around $70.00 )

http://www.alie xpress.com/item/Original-Genuine-Touch-Screen-Display-for-Oneplus-one-LCD-Touch-Screen-Digitizer-Assembly-Replacement-for-1/32263210979.html

( To have ease of work, try to purchase " Digitizer + Lcd panel + Front Bezel frame " in one assembly - as in the above link. Remove the space between alie and xpress. )

4. zarzaparrilla
    Froyo Aug 12, 2015

zarzaparrilla , Aug 12, 2015 :
    Thanks for the help. I think that´s what I´m going to do. I hope they don´t charge me anything for the shipment back.

5. gabiv
    Gingerbread Aug 12, 2015

gabiv , Aug 12, 2015 :
    Be careful with the "ifixit" guide, that is a teardown not a screen replacement procedure. I messed up and followed the steps, but you don't have to do them all (unless you are replacing the frame), there are only 2 connectors that need to be removed and then a hot gun around the edges to loosen the glue. Very simple really. Make sure that you buy new 2 sided 3M tape to re-glue the screen back to the frame.

6. zarzaparrilla
    Froyo Aug 13, 2015

zarzaparrilla , Aug 13, 2015 :
    Don´t worry guys, I´m ******. I won´t be able to fix it because OnePlus customer support want to charge me 50 ******* € to ship back my broken phone. They lost a client, a supporter and a fan.

I´m so dissapointed with this.