Broken Screen: How can I transfer files.

1. Teserut
    Cupcake Sep 10, 2017

Teserut , Sep 10, 2017 :
    I have a OnePlus 3 but sadly I dropped it recently and the screen cracked. After this, the screen is completely black no matter what (There was briefly some colour at the very top of the screen and a green colour near the cracks). I have made arrangements to get a new phone but I'd like to transfer the files off of this phone. And it does appear to be working completely, whenever I get emails or text messages it gives me notifications, the charging light works and it makes sounds when I lock or unlock it.

Is there any way to change the settings or transfer files without being able to see the screen of the phone?

2. sungkd123
    Gingerbread Sep 10, 2017

sungkd123 , Sep 10, 2017 :
    If you're able to see what's on the screen and the touch is not working then do what I did when a similar thing happened with me.
    Connect a mouse to your phone using a OTG and then use you mouse to hover on your screen, you can also type using on screen keyboard .
    If you cannot see your screen then don't worry, when you setup your Google account on your new phone it asks you whether you want to back up data, all your files i.e contacts, messages, installed applications (all the applications) will be installed on your new phone.
    Now about media, I'm assuming your photos are backed up in Google photos if yes, then your photos with be backed up on your new phone. If no, then connect your phone to a PC and see if you can transfer the files

3. Teserut
    Cupcake Sep 10, 2017

Teserut , Sep 10, 2017 :

I am not sure about Google Photos. I have connected my phone to the PC but in developer settings it is set to charge, not transfer files, so I can't see my photos.

4. sungkd123
    Gingerbread Sep 10, 2017

Can you see anything on your screen that would help you to change the settings from charge to transfer file?

5. Mayurr911
    Eclair Sep 10, 2017

6. Teserut
    Cupcake Sep 10, 2017

Teserut , Sep 10, 2017 :
    No. I can hear sounds but it's not that helpful.

I think so yes.

7. Triplo
    Froyo Sep 10, 2017

Triplo , Sep 10, 2017 :
    You can get your photos and other files using the "Pull" command on the ADB,
    first install ADB drivers or http://www.mediafire.com/download/6b3aw3dq8omefyw/mfastboot-v2.zip
    goto this link and download the zip file,extract it and run command prompt from the folder,then type "adb devices" after connecting your device.
    if it shows your device,then you can pull your files.

8. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Sep 10, 2017

ghostofcain , Sep 10, 2017 :
    Google backup doesn't backup messages, and although it will reinstall your apps all your app data will be gone.

9. sungkd123
    Gingerbread Sep 10, 2017

When I setup my OP5 and entered my Google account details it restored all the details from my old cellphone and no data was lost, all my messages & call logs were restored as well

10. sungkd123
    Gingerbread Sep 10, 2017

I'm not sure it restored because it was linked with my Google account.

11. B1571410410910
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

Last edited: Oct 28, 2019