Broken screen(production issue)

1. Dawid Manczyk
    Donut Sep 21, 2014

Dawid Manczyk , Sep 21, 2014 :
    I recived my OPO on 28th of August. I had turned the phone and after that I noticed that the display had some strange stripes. In the same day I wrote to tech support and demanded warranty repair or replace the phone. They told me that the package had arrived on 24th of August(which is true because they haven't been sending to my country so I had to send it via Germany to my country) I've sent them that information with necessary attachments. They offered me repair my display for 147 EURO. I think that they are trying to trick me and I don't know how to get my warranty repair. I'm sending some photos of this issue. Who can help me?

EDIT.
    I also want to show you how they are treating their customers. In last attachment I add the email I recived from Oneplus(Before explainig that i had to sent it via Germany).It seems that They don't want to take responsibility for problems connected with their phone and try to tell me that this is only my fault. Are they thinking that this phone can't have defects?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 22, 2014

superchinook likes this.
  2. L.H.
    Jelly Bean Sep 21, 2014

L.H. , Sep 21, 2014 :
    try to explain them with simple words...
    " I received a broken phone, can you replace it for me or I need to file a Paypal complain? "

superchinook likes this.
  3. Dawid Manczyk
    Donut Sep 22, 2014

Dawid Manczyk , Sep 22, 2014 :
    I think they should repair it immediately if they are serious company. Don't you think so?

superchinook likes this.
  4. L.H.
    Jelly Bean Sep 22, 2014

L.H. , Sep 22, 2014 :
    probably they will repair it, but you need to make them understand what the problem is... and also to have patience with their system... Also... if you still are in the first 14 days, and you don't get any replays from them you should open a case with Paypal... you will get your money back but unfortunately you will not have the phone anymore... so you need another invite to order another one OK?

5. Dawid Manczyk
    Donut Sep 22, 2014

Dawid Manczyk , Sep 22, 2014 :
    But I don't want to return my phone. I want them to repair it.

superchinook likes this.
  6. Louis-Arthur
    Gingerbread Sep 22, 2014

Louis-Arthur , Sep 22, 2014 :
    Wait, just wait... be patient and persist, with sufficient proof and video they will RMA it normally (Though as you are not in a supported country don't expect a pickup at your door )

7. L.H.
    Jelly Bean Sep 22, 2014

L.H. , Sep 22, 2014 :
    there is an "IF" in that sentence...

8. disellusional
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 22, 2014

superchinook and Andreagennari like this.
  9. n19htmare
    Jelly Bean Sep 23, 2014

n19htmare , Sep 23, 2014 :
    When you write to Oneplus, you have to pretend you are speaking to a baby. If you write more than a few sentences, they get VERY VERY confused.

You're not the first person to be told they have to PAY for something clearly under warranty and should be covered under warranty.

The support, rather than improving is getting worse and worse.

I wish you the BEST of luck and IF they do honor your warranty, it will take a LONG time.

10. Naquadah
    Gingerbread Sep 23, 2014

Naquadah , Sep 23, 2014 :
    Oh, poor poor m8...I am so sorry for the kinda nightmare you might have in front of you :(

The number EUR 147 is a standardized text being sent to everyone. This is to test if the customer is stupid or gullible enough to pay for it even though being under full warranty. DO NOT ACCEPT THAT, DO NOT PAY ANYTHING.
    They might even come other offers as "pay EUR 200 for a change of motherboard of your phone" and stuff like that...this is apparently how they treat everyone!

If the package were sent to another address first and then you had to ship it to your own location, then it might become a little bit tricky with Paypal, but still, Paypal is your ONLY friend.

You will in the mean time receive numerous various answers where they will try and blame you, the customer, for the phone being a bad unit, but do NOT accept that! You keep communicating till you either can open an RMA for replacement or repair, or, claim your money back via Paypal, or if you can, send it back within your 14 days return right and get you money back and buy another one with a new invite.

Hope things get sorted out for you....

11. n19htmare
    Jelly Bean Sep 23, 2014

n19htmare , Sep 23, 2014 :
    I'm glad you are spreading your experience. I think more people need to do this who have been rolled over by Oneplus. Word must be spread and expose this company's true face.

superchinook and topsales like this.
  12. Saprophator
    Froyo Sep 23, 2014

Saprophator , Sep 23, 2014 :
    I tried to get mine repaired since mid July, OPO didn't response after the creation of the ticket and never "approved" the RMA. I had a broken screen aswell. So what I did was file a Paypal claim for the full money. Since OP didn't respond to Paypal aswell, I got ALL my money back incl. shipping costs.
    The ordeal took nearly 8 weeks with lots of mails and anger

superchinook likes this.