Broken screen. Where to get the best replacement from.

1. Deactivated User
    Jul 22, 2016

2. fishua
    Gingerbread Jul 22, 2016

fishua , Jul 22, 2016 :
    Thanks for the follow up, broke my Opo last week (screen cracked, no touch input), ordered a op3 but would still like to have a working Opo as a backup and was reading through this thread for solutions...just a heads up too, while waiting for the new phone to come I was able to still use the One with a USB adapter to hook up a wireless mouse for input, texting sucked but was usable.

3. MFFranco
    Donut Sep 19, 2016

MFFranco , Sep 19, 2016 :
    lucky you. i didn't even get the ******* thing...

4. Jupeeeeee
    Jelly Bean Sep 20, 2016

Jupeeeeee , Sep 20, 2016 :
    What the hell is going on with the mixed feedbacks? The two times I ordered the screen from vifocal, I got them, and they worked.

5. kameboy
    Cupcake Nov 30, 2016

kameboy , Nov 30, 2016 :
    Bought from vifocal linked here (lcd + middle frame). Tools were included. The screen works alright but it is not as good as the original in two regards:
    1. It is more fragile. The glass at the top, around the earpiece grill, cracked when I applied moderate pressure to attach the back cover. The same operation on the previous screen never had problems. Still works though.
    2. White balance and colors are a bit off. There's an obvious yellow tint all over the screen. This can be mitigated by changing LiveDisplay color temperature from 6500K (default) to about 7400K.
    Other than that I guess I'm happy. I guess it will survive long enough despite the cracked earpiece until I can buy a new phone next year.

6. Jupeeeeee
    Jelly Bean Dec 4, 2016

Jupeeeeee , Dec 4, 2016 :
    weird, i never had that problem. i mean yeah, the first screen i replaced somehow broke (don't know how, honestly), but that's explainable by that it didn't have adhesive since there wasn't any coming with the phone and i didn't know it. and i was in a hurry to get my phone back, so the screen was practically hanging from the flex cables. this time i just bought a frame and the screen, it works just perfectly. think there's two spots on the screen that are slightly lighter than other places, barely noticeable unless if your screen is blank white, but either way, i haven't had a problem with it.

7. raevenzero
    Cupcake May 9, 2017

raevenzero , May 9, 2017 :
    I broke two Vifocal screens. The first one kept lifting at the corner and eventually cracked. I thought that I probably bent the frame and it was my fault. The next time, I ordered the screen and midframe and the same thing happened. I have a 3t now, but I honestly liked the One better and I am looking for an original screen replacement that will last as long as the first one did. It was really a freak occurrence that broke the first one and I doubt it would happen again.

8. andris
    Cupcake Jul 31, 2017

andris , Jul 31, 2017 :
    I've bought an OEM replacement screen with a frame from **********, and after replacement have noticed following problems (aside from the fragility similar to one mentioned by kameboy):

1. The polarization of the screen is wrong, the phone is unusable in portrait orientation when wearing polarized sunglasses. I've compared to the original screen, which does not have such severe problem.
    2. Notification LED apparently lacks some optical element for mixing and softening LED colors. Now during the charging the LED emits green and red at the same time and the color changes when I'm looking at it from different angles. And it is very bright which is a problem when you are trying to use the phone in dark conditions.
    3. The colors are slightly off, but I haven't tried yet to change screen temperature.
    4. Capacitative buttons don't have a backlight (this could be different depending to OEM).
    5. Maybe it is not a screen issue and I don't have measurements to back it up, but I have a feeling that this screen is less energy efficient.
    Because of the mentioned fragility (mine cracked during installation as well), I've ordered (hopefully) another OEM version from different seller, but I'm afraid that these deficiencies could be common for all OEM replacements. What is your experience? Polarization issue worries me the most, because on sunny days it makes the phone unusable as a navigation device when placed vertically, which is my preference)

9. Rpaz71
    Honeycomb Oct 18, 2017

Rpaz71 , Oct 18, 2017 :
    if anything I am now replacing the screen on my one plus one for a second time and honestly just raise a ticket with oneplus and you are good to go best service ever!

10. Adrenicide
    Donut Dec 28, 2017

Adrenicide , Dec 28, 2017 :
    Hello, Im in a desperate situation. My wife's oneplus one will be 4 years in a month, but she broke screen today. Ive found a replacement in local store and installed it, everything seemed fine but after couple of mins working screen starting to tap everywhere randomly and it keeps going until I reboot it. After reboot it works well for 5, sometimes 20 mins and than those random selftapping again. Any clues?
    Thanks!

11. leaka
    Cupcake Dec 29, 2017

leaka , Dec 29, 2017 :
    please write, was the screen from this source qualitative?

12. michaeloneil
    Cupcake Mar 18, 2018

michaeloneil , Mar 18, 2018 :
    OPO doesn't sell spare parts, after the one year limited warranty you're SOL, you're on your own and have to find a screen from some where other than OnePlus.

13. edpsycho
    Cupcake Sep 8, 2018

edpsycho , Sep 8, 2018 :
    I've replaced three of these screens on both my OPOs. After looking around forums and buying them myself, there doesn't seem to be a screen that matches the relative quality of the original screen.

- Just a little thinner glass = fragility (common)
    - LED is hit and miss
    - Capacitive buttons aren't as bright (common)
    - color reproduction is an issue (less common but fixable)

Until OnePlus or another manufacturer starts pushing out screens for this old hen, we're stuck with third-parties

14. Jupeeeeee
    Jelly Bean Sep 9, 2018

Jupeeeeee , Sep 9, 2018 :
    Have you tried looking for screens with the phones frame attached to it? That's how I bought my 2nd replacement screen as my 1st replacement screen just up and broke for seemingly no reason, and it's been doing quite well since. It's got two bright spots but it's quite subtle so you wont notice it too well unless if you're looking for it. The phone's dropped a couple of times without a case, but with a glass screen protector, though I haven't dared to take it off, the screen seems fine. The cap buttons aren't the brightest, especially in day light but they work. Then again, I wouldn't remember how bright the original was as I broke my first screen some years ago.

15. TECH_DUBAI
    Cupcake Oct 8, 2018

TECH_DUBAI , Oct 8, 2018 :
    Mobile screen replacement is a big issue and everyone faces it, now if you looking for an option to get your screen to be replaced you should consider ebay but if you are a resident of UAE you must check offer from one plus mobile repair dubai.
    Goodluck.