Broken screen, will I keep data if i sent it off for repair?

1. ToiletBlocker
    Donut Aug 25, 2015

ToiletBlocker , Aug 25, 2015 :
    Hi guys, phone has fallen on the floor. can see the screen perfectly just the crack that is on there. However I cannot function it, wont work at all the screen. all other buttons work. (power + volume)

All I care about at this time is my data and memories stored on the phone. I have plugged it into the pc but of course I cannot access anything inside because of the lock screen. I need to press the code on the phone itself to be able to access the stuff inside. I can't because the screen doesn't work. (Is there anyway to bypass this, if so please say)

It is very important because I have my email / banking app / Gmail accounts and everything inside such as videos and photos mainly. I have 64GB and around 40GB is photos and videos itself.

If I send my one plus one for repair (within he website itself), will they be able to send me it back with all my data inside? all I want is the screen repaired itself.

Furthermore, please provide anyway of me getting my stuff back as of now whilst I still have it.
    Any mods or anyone, please help I just want to get all the data out and get it safe somehow before It needs sending off (have not gone through full process yet, waiting on a reply weather they can keep my data inside). Also I know my code itself if anyone was wondering. I just cant physically type it on the phone which is such a pain because I can see the screen perfectly.. minus the crack of course.

Thanks.

SteffenG likes this.
  2. SteffenG
    KitKat Aug 25, 2015

SteffenG , Aug 25, 2015 :
    Uh I can answer this perfectly cause it happened to me!

You HAVE to make a back-up! And you can do this with an OTG-cable! Thats like 5-6 Euro depending on where you buy it. You can get it from a big wholesaler ryhming with Lamazon or in a local store...(https://www.androidpit.com/usb-otg-what-it-means-and-how-to-use-it)

You put the OTG into the USB port of the phone and then you can connect a pc mouse with the OTG and use the phone again! The mouse cursor works like your finger. You can unlock your phone, access all apps and make a back-up! A left-click on the mouse is basically like tapping your phone with your finger.

I crashed my OPO and also crashed the touchscreen, so I had the same problem you are facing! OnePlus charged me the cost to fix the screen (about 140€ including shipping) but instead of repairing the phone the send me a brand-new OPO. They also tell you to make a back-up before you send it in! Really great experience I made with the support team, despite what many people say.

Hope this helped!

ToiletBlocker likes this.
  3. ToiletBlocker
    Donut Aug 28, 2015

ToiletBlocker , Aug 28, 2015 :
    thank you very much for this, i appreciate it so much, i will give this a go whilst i wait for a response from the one plus one team. you are a legend (if it works haha)

SteffenG likes this.
  4. Bartnl
    Lollipop Aug 28, 2015

Bartnl , Aug 28, 2015 :
    You can also buy a new screen on Ebay and DIY. Plenty of "how to" video's on YouTube.
    In that case you don't loose any data.
    But seeing the vids it's a bit of a work and challenge to do it yourself :oops: