Display Broken screen with no display/touch, need to back up files but no usb debugging enabled

1. Sin.Horgan94
    Donut Feb 21, 2018

Sin.Horgan94 , Feb 21, 2018 :
    I recently dropped my OnePlus 3 and shattered the screen as a result of it landing face down. Screen is completely black and unresponsive but the phone itself is still working and receiving vibrations and LED notifications. I want to send my phone to the manufacturers to repair it but need to back up my files beforehand as they wipe phones on arrival. Although I do not have usb debugging enabled. My phone has also died and restarted and now requires me to input my pattern to access all features. I have tried connecting it to another screen with a HDMI cable to no avail. I have also tried using a USB mouse but with near all sounds turned off on my phone I cannot be sure that it has worked. I've exhausted all ways I can think of. Is there any other ways I haven't tried that could work? I'd be forever grateful as I really don't want to lose these files.

Attached Files:

LJ16 likes this.
  2. NeVeR_SeTTLe
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Feb 21, 2018

NeVeR_SeTTLe , Feb 21, 2018 :
    You will need a 3rd party application to perform the data recovery. Try this: https://www.easeus.com/android-data-recovery/recover-data-from-android-phone-with-broken-screen.html

3. Sin.Horgan94
    Donut Feb 21, 2018

4. NeVeR_SeTTLe

5. Sin.Horgan94
    Donut Feb 21, 2018

Neither of these programs are giving me any luck and require purchasing the full version to actually recover my data which I would like to avoid. One of my main problems seems to be that my computer does not even seem to be registering that I have a USB device connected and this isn't allowing the apps to pick up my phone either

6. NeVeR_SeTTLe

Internal damage maybe inside the phone?

7. Sin.Horgan94
    Donut Feb 21, 2018

It could be a possibility but I hope not. When my father tried to enable debugging with an application for ADB, it read that the android system was v4.2.5 when I know I had at least v7 if not 8 already on my phone

8. NeVeR_SeTTLe

Interesting. Does ADB work?

9. Sin.Horgan94
    Donut Feb 21, 2018

I don't think it did for me at least. Nothing had changed afterwards. But I feel that was partly due to my phone after restarting and I need to input my pattern on restart to access all features

10. NeVeR_SeTTLe

What I would do fi I were you, I would order the screen with digitizer and install it myself :D Cheap and easy to do :D

waldwolf likes this.
  11. Reaperdivi
    Donut Feb 25, 2018

Reaperdivi , Feb 25, 2018 :
    JUST INSTALL THIS APP FROM ZIP ON PC AND WHEN PHONE CONNECTED!
    MAKE SURE U HAVE ONEPLUS DRIVERS INSTALL!!;)

1. IT SHOWS ADB DEVICE IN APP ..!
    2. THEN IN THE REBOOTER TAB! CLICK ON REBOOT TO RECOVERY
    PHONE AUTOMATICALLY REBOOT TO RECOVERY THEN IT WILL AUTO CONNECT PHONE STORAGE TO PC:)
    THEN U CAN COPY PASTE THE DATA!! GOOD LUCK HOPE THIS WILL WORK! AND SORRY FOR BAD ENGLISH;)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018

12. Jared_Greenall
    Cupcake Aug 4, 2018

Jared_Greenall , Aug 4, 2018 :
    Anyone confirmed this is legit and works?

13. YellowPeak
    Donut Aug 12, 2018

YellowPeak , Aug 12, 2018 :
    Im listening in on this one. I have same issue and I´ve almost tried everything. Screen dead and I´m not sure the touch function is working either.

14. Sin.Horgan94
    Donut Aug 12, 2018

Sin.Horgan94 , Aug 12, 2018 :
    OP here. I had no choice but to have my phone cleared when I had it sent back to the manufacturer for repairs since I had USB debugging disabled and had no way around it. I also had a pattern lock which prevented me from starting android so I couldn't have even chanced connecting a mouse to my phone to control it if that was even possible. Hopefully you have debugging enabled as that's the only way you're going to have any luck unfortunately.

15. Sin.Horgan94
    Donut Aug 12, 2018

I'm pretty sure I tried this at the time and had no luck. I think my phone was connecting as charging and I couldn't change that since I had absolutely no access to my screen. So I'm assuming anyone stuck in the same situation I was won't have any luck either.

aditjagtap11 likes this.
  16. YellowPeak
    Donut Aug 12, 2018

YellowPeak , Aug 12, 2018 :
    Damn I have a lot of documents and photos on that phone and unfortunately I dont have USB debugging enabled. OnePlus really need to help people with this issue. They need to build a tool.

LJ16 likes this.
  17. Sin.Horgan94
    Donut Aug 12, 2018

Yeah I was the exact same. Lost a lot of photography footage from a concert right before I broke the screen and other documents I'd never backed up before. Your only saving grace may be if you had Google Drive set to automatically back up files, but again I think that would mean having to access the app on your phone as you can't do it from another device for another device. OnePlus could definitely do with a tool for PCs and sorts for backups.

LJ16 and YellowPeak like this.
  18. tauriuke
    Cupcake Aug 14, 2018

tauriuke , Aug 14, 2018 :
    I have exact same problem. Broken screen, cant see a thing, debug mode is not activated.
    I would like to replace the screen at one plus workshop, as the price is good, and I would get original parts, but they will factory reset the phone after service, and I don't want that, as my files are not backed up. My option is to buy a new screen and replace it by my self. Trying hard to find the original screen, but no luck. anyone has a good tips. BTW, theyr support is useless.

19. G_Adrian_lomas_lQQY
    Cupcake Oct 21, 2018

G_Adrian_lomas_lQQY , Oct 21, 2018 :
    Same happens to me, i have some important photos and video but i cant recover them because the screen is useless. do you now if anybody has any solution??

20. GreenRanger207
    Cupcake Nov 2, 2018

GreenRanger207 , Nov 2, 2018 :

So which app are you talking about. I need to try this for my 3T