Other Broken volume down key ==> boot trap to recovery

1. Axf
    Froyo Nov 20, 2016

Axf , Nov 20, 2016 :
    So, my volume down key stopped working recently. It clicks just fine but either gets stuck or lately not react at all.

Yesterday, my battery ran out and now I can't get the phone to boot up. It only boots to recovery as the button is pressed down I think. This happened once previously but I got it back up by taking the back cover off and fiddling with the buttons. No such luck this time.

Is there anyway to by pass this to get to the rom? I don't mind the broken button otherwise.
    Anyone know a place/person in Singapore who could fix this? People at XDA pointed me to this video.

I'm planning on buying a new phone within the next 3 months anyway, but am currently travelling in Southeast Asia and really need the a working device. Actually, if I could get my hands on the 3T in SG I'd buy it right now.

Edit: I tried using ADB too but to no avail. Will but it in rice for the night. I also live in Europe which makes this situation more challenging.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016

2. Axf
    Froyo Nov 20, 2016

Axf , Nov 20, 2016 :
    I'd also be open to breaking the volume key connection completely if that gets my phone to boot