Brutally BAD Servify repair and support. Phone is worse than before i sent it in! via OnePlus Community App

1. ambienthtc , via OnePlus Community App , Sep 10, 2020 :
    I had sent off my OnePlus 7 pro for issues with my gps and a damaged screen. It took weeks for it to be fixed. But the "repair" lasted less than a day and now the phone is completely useless and worse than when i sent it in for repair.

Now the screen has lines in it, a yellow tint and extremely dark, the battery last no where long as it had before and you can hear something loose inside the phone! And the gps issue STILL remains as well.
    Its been over a week since i reported the issue to Servify and they STILL have not even arranged to pickup the phone or even say they are going to fix it.

This is by far the worst customer service expérience I have ever had. Is there even anyone at Oneplus that handles cuatomer relations?

Last edited: Sep 10, 2020

Anna0136 likes this.
  2. pablofg1978
    Nougat Head Moderator Sep 10, 2020

pablofg1978 , Sep 10, 2020 :
    Hello there,
    This is a community forum, not support.
    If you want to inform your problems to OnePlus, please use the feedback page
    Https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback
    If you want, you can send me a pm with your ticket number and I will try to escalate this case

the_o2 likes this.
  3. ambienthtc , via OnePlus Community App , Sep 10, 2020 :
    Yes i am well aware of that and felt like people should be aware of the extremely poor extended warranty support that one plus sells.

I have been in touch with oneplus phone support and was told to pay for warranty service AGAIN! Great customer service, pay $200 for warranty then another $120 to process a claim, send back a defective device and ask me to pay again to fix the issue ypur warranty company messed up!

O1589563262735 likes this.
  4. Horsault
    Nougat Moderator Sep 10, 2020

Horsault , Sep 10, 2020 :
    If your device was repaired by OnePlus official contractant, then repair has a 6-month warranty (at least in Europe), provided no additional damage was made since you received it after repair of course.
    I suggest you contact support again, claiming warranty on their repair, and come back to tell us about their answer.

5. O1589563262735 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Oct 14, 2020 :
    I agree. Servify / OnePlus support is very poor. To repair my cracked screen, they expect the customer to mail it in and not have use of it for 5 to 10 business days! Apple would never make you lose phone access. They either repair at the genius bar and you wait. Otherwise, they will do a credit card hold, they will express ship the new replacement unit and once we receive it, we ship the damaged one back. No pain, no fuss.

6. pablofg1978
    Nougat Head Moderator Oct 14, 2020

pablofg1978 , Oct 14, 2020 :
    To be honest, I did not saw any other company doing what apple do, I had samsung, motorola, nokia, sony and every time that I had to send my phone to repair, even in warranty, I always had to borrow a backup device from a friend of family

the_o2, O1589563262735 and Horsault like this.
  7. O1589563262735 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Oct 15, 2020 :
    OnePlus need to step up and offer after sales support that exceed expectations. On top, offering solution that doesn't require customers to be without a phone for extended periods of time. Courier replacement phones so we can transfer data easier before sending in the damaged phone.

8. pablofg1978
    Nougat Head Moderator Oct 15, 2020

pablofg1978 , Oct 15, 2020 :
    why?
    Like I said, I only saw apple doing that....
    What you ask cost money, money that you pay when you buy the device.
    If you think that is something that oneplus should so, you can request it here
    https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/

9. O1589563262735 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Oct 15, 2020 :
    If they want to play with the big boys like Apple, then they need to offer repair service to match. There's a reason why Apple ranks high on customer satisfaction year after year. OnePlus 8 Pro is not cheap by a long shot. I bought this to replace my iPhone 11 Pro Max. This phone, service plans and accessories cost me well over $2,500 Canadian dollars. For that amount of money, I expect a top phone with top service. Four months of OnePlus ownership has been enough for me, I now pre-ordered the Google Pixel 5 to replace this. OnePlus did get something right. "Never Settle" for poor service and support.
    By the way, my friend's iPhone XS Max would not turn on. They booked a genius bar appointment, went to Apple store and they gave him a new replacement phone on the spot under AppleCare. No downtime and they even help to transfer all the data to the new phone! That's what you call world class service!

10. pablofg1978
    Nougat Head Moderator Oct 15, 2020

pablofg1978 , Oct 15, 2020 :
    Well, you are paying for that service when you buy the device.
    And, at least for what I know (for friends that have Iphone), that "new " replacement is not actually new, is a refubrished one.
    Dont get me wrong, I'm agree that apple after sale service is great, but, in my personal opinion, you are asking too much to oneplus. Also, all that service will came with a big price bump. I would rater have an insurance that covers a back up phone. That would not increase the price of the device and will be up to the buyer to have that service.
    And at last, correct me if I'm wrong, buy not even the big android players offers that kind of service either.

11. O1589563262735 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Oct 16, 2020 :
    Yes, I agree. I'm just suggesting that for those who purchase the optional extended service plan, additional service solutions should be offered besides mailing in the phone for 2 weeks at a time. They could setup a network of authorized service providers that can handle repairs. Better yet, for those under the service plan, mail out the replacement phone, provide a prepaid shipping label, do a credit card hold to ensure the damaged device will be returned. That's a win win option for everyone.

12. pablofg1978
    Nougat Head Moderator Oct 16, 2020

pablofg1978 , Oct 16, 2020 :
    https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/

13. Amritashya
    Froyo Oct 22, 2020

Amritashya , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Oct 22, 2020 :
    But my experience with xiaomi service is great . They repaired my broken display of k20 pro that very day that is also in partial lock down period. Now I have 7tpro along with k20 pro .

14. TEverett
    Cupcake Oct 26, 2020

TEverett , via OnePlus 7T , Oct 26, 2020 :
    I came here to see if anyone else had issue with them. I'm currently in the process of sending mine back for a screen repair but I'm really second guessing even sending it to them. I may just pay a local place to repair it and save myself the headache.

Anna0136 likes this.
  15. Anna0136
    Cupcake Nov 2, 2020

Anna0136 , Nov 2, 2020 :
    I'm still waiting (it's been a almost a week) to even get servify to approve my claim and send me a shipping label. I'm hesitant to send my phone off to them too

16. O1589563262735 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Nov 2, 2020 :
    After spending over $2500 CAD on phone and accessories. I replaced my 4 months old OnePlus 8 Pro with Pixel 5. 5G, VoLTE, and Wifi Calling features finally works. No more issues with the bluetooth headphones, slow fingerprint sensor, black crush display problems, Netflix HD streaming, random app crashes, or shutdowns from overheating. Not to mention they removed the PhotoChrom camera afterwards and still no dual sim support in Canada! NEVER SETTLE!

Amritashya likes this.
  17. O1589563262735
    Donut Nov 3, 2020

O1589563262735 , Nov 3, 2020 :
    Why does OnePlus need all this information to process a cracked screen repair under protection plan? Not to mention I have already verified the IMEI by email. They also have my proof of purchase which contained all my address info.

We would request you to, kindly help us with the below information to proceed further with the claim assessment:-

1. Damage date (or since how long):
    2. Damage time (approximate):
    3. A detailed description of how the damage occurred as many details as possible:
    4. Location of Damage (Example: Home, office, lawn, concrete, etc.)
    5. Complete address with the zip code:
    6. We request you to please help us with the six-sided images of your device displaying the on-screen IMEI details on it. Meaning to capture/click the pictures of the device's front screen, the backglass of the device, the top portion of the device, the bottom side, of the device the left side of the device, and the right side of the device, to proceed further. Dial *#06# on the dallier to retrieve the IMEI details of your device.

Note: We would need the damage incident in detail, like where was the device kept at the time of damage, where did the damage happen, and what led to the incident, this will help our claims team to complete your claim assessment.

As per the Terms & Conditions of your purchased contract, all damage repairs covered under our service contract are subject to a mandatory deductible of either CAD59 for screen/backglass replacement and CAD109 for replacement/major damages done to the device.

18. Anna0136
    Cupcake Nov 4, 2020

Anna0136 , Nov 4, 2020 :
    I found a place an hour away that can order the part. I'm coming out of pocket over 300 to fix it, but honestly am not confident servify will get back to me, get the phone back to me, or even fix it correctly after this experience and reading all the reviews.
    I reached out to OP about a repair straight from them (out of pocket, forget servify) and their email response is to reach out to servify again. I'm sure if I spoke more with one plus they'd understand I just want it fixed, and no longer care about the protection plan , they'd do it... But I've been going in circles for over a week. I'm over it.

As much as I love my phone, idk that I'd buy another until they step up customer service and protection plans