BT icon missing on status bar

1. megoshopping
    Gingerbread May 29, 2019

megoshopping , May 29, 2019 :
    i am running 9.5.3 and when i turn on BT, the icon is missing on the status bar until i am actually connected with a device.

i double check the icon manager setting and BT is definitely ON

2. akks
    KitKat May 29, 2019

mbcool and Dirk66 like this.
  3. megoshopping
    Gingerbread May 29, 2019

seriously??? i wonder why OP decided to do that instead of showing the BT icon once it's enabled even though not yet connected.

if this is the normal behavior, one has to swipe down AGAIN to see if it's enabled before pairing.

4. akks
    KitKat May 29, 2019

akks , May 29, 2019 :
    Pairing isn't done everytime. Initial setup has one swipe more. What's the problem here?

5. megoshopping
    Gingerbread May 29, 2019

well, all my other phones show the BT icon on the status bar once it's enabled.

this is not a big deal, but i still need to swipe down again just to see if BT is enabled. if the icon is showing on the status bar, then i know it's enabled without having to swipe down again to check it. does it make sense?

the same thing with WiFi, once i turn it on, the icon shows on the status bar whether i am connected to a network or not.

6. Shartofwar
    Eclair May 30, 2019

Shartofwar , May 30, 2019 :
    my 7 pro shows the Bluetooth icon in the status bar and even a battery meter when a device a device is connected

7. Abhi Dahiya
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 31, 2019

8. Liehjan
    Lollipop May 31, 2019

Liehjan , May 31, 2019 :
    It's a decision Google made with Pie, not Oneplus.

9. megoshopping
    Gingerbread Jun 1, 2019

megoshopping , Jun 1, 2019 :
    i did not know this is normal behavior for android pie. it would be helpful if google explains the reason for this change. at least ask the community if they even like it instead of implementing something with no reason whatsoever.

Liehjan likes this.
  10. Liehjan
    Lollipop Jun 2, 2019

Liehjan , Jun 2, 2019 :
    I think it's because Pie was made for phones with a notch... And the status bar space is limited due to that. But now with full screen design they could bring it back in Android Q