Bug: Ford Sync + Text Messages

1. smmcsweeneyv
    Gingerbread Jul 5, 2017

smmcsweeneyv , Jul 5, 2017 :
    I have noticed that when I receive a text message when my phone is connected to my Ford Sync, I do get a notification through the car, however, it marks the text message as "read" on my phone and I do not receive a notification on the phone directly. This didn't occur with my old phone. I was wondering if this was actually a bug or some type of enhancement? It is more of an annoyance for me since I don't always play the audio of the text over the speakers. Also then, I forget to respond once I stop driving since there is no notification badge, etc.

2. smmcsweeneyv
    Gingerbread Jul 10, 2017

3. jim256
    Cupcake May 28, 2019

4. Waveform Modifier
    Marshmallow May 28, 2019

5. Darkknight112
    Donut Jul 30, 2019

Darkknight112 , Jul 30, 2019 :
    I don't know if you all are still having this issue, but I found a fix that worked for me. I will also link the orginal post below.

1. Turn off Bluetooth on the S3
    2. If the vehicle is on, wait for the phone to be disconnected from the vehicle
    3. If not already on, turn on the vehicle ignition
    4. Turn on Bluetooth on the S3
    5. As soon as Sync is paired, the phone will have a security request that I only found by accessing the pull down menu
    6. Pull down the menu on the S3 and it will indicate there is a Map Request, do you want to allow Sync access
    7. Select the Enable checkbox to not be reminded again and press OK
    8. To test it, dial *DATA# on your phone and wait for a text to arrive
    9. When the text arrives, the vehicle will play an alert and indicate a message is available
    10. Press OK to Listen
    11. Voila!!!

https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=151055&p=2727115&viewfull=1#post2727115