[BUG LIST] OxygenOS 2.1.2 (OP2)

1. Vibhor_1911
    Eclair Nov 21, 2015

Vibhor_1911 , Nov 21, 2015 :
    A very annoying bug.

After disabling any one sim, if you try to call someone from recent call logs by pressing "Call (2)" button the launcher restarts itself.

Someone with dual sim please try it out if it is a common issue.

2. voranop
    Cupcake Nov 21, 2015

voranop , Nov 21, 2015 :
    try yoytube app

after using youtube i got'this issue normal cpu usage stay 960 mhz instead of'384 mhz

i need to restart to go back to cpu'normal

Attached Files:

alexis.bosman likes this.
  3. pure.by
    Gingerbread Nov 21, 2015

pure.by , Nov 21, 2015 :
    It's great to have all the issues in 1 thread, but I must say that I experience a lot of the issues from this list on my 2.1.1 installation as well.

4. xxwaterbirdx
    Froyo Nov 21, 2015

xxwaterbirdx , Nov 21, 2015 :
    I could get that on 2.1.1 and 2.1.0

5. nhittalamani
    Gingerbread Nov 21, 2015

nhittalamani , Nov 21, 2015 :
    Yes it's work around which I am already doing it...But its bug

6. keessonnema
    KitKat Nov 21, 2015

keessonnema , Nov 21, 2015 :
    This happened on CM too, so I don't know if it's a specific OOS bug.

7. pedro.taveira
    Donut Nov 21, 2015

pedro.taveira , Nov 21, 2015 :
    One very big BUG!
    I don't know why, but my op2 suddenly stops any kind of sound.
    Right now, after 1 hour of the phone being placed on a table, I picked it up and had 2 missed calls! Why? No sound! But everything is on maximum! No sound from calls, games, youtube, music... nothing. By the way, only sound is affected on calls, the vibrate works.
    The solution? Restart and then it is ok. I'm restarting the phone call once per day! :S
    What can I do to help find the bug? Is there any bug collector app or something?

I've already done a dalvik cache clean. Didn't work... the problem appears after some time...

8. pgomase
    Gingerbread Nov 21, 2015

pgomase , Nov 21, 2015 :
    1. Heating issue exists
    2. LED color mixing
    3. Fingerprint scanning is slower and don't work sometimes
    4. Battery draining faster
    5. Slider won't move when increase/decrease volume
    6. Maxxaudio sometimes doesn't work

This is it for now....

9. alexis.bosman
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 21, 2015

alexis.bosman , Nov 21, 2015 :
    You should try a factory reset my dear friend.

10. alexis.bosman
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 21, 2015

alexis.bosman , Nov 21, 2015 :
    Thanks for the report. I put your screenshot in the list :)

11. aenews
    KitKat Nov 21, 2015

aenews , Nov 21, 2015 :
    If you are just wiping the /system partition (I do this everytime there's an update) then data is not affected. You don't need to factory reset if it's purely an OS issue.

I've partially disabled thermal throttling on my OP2, so it rarely throttles by comparison to stock. When it does occasionally throttle under intense load, only the A57 Cores throttle and generally to 960Mhz. Never the A53 Cores or GPU. Maybe disable thermal throttling and you won't see that behavior.

FYI if you're going to install TWRP anyways or already have it installed, then there's no reason not to just flash Boeffla Kernel afterwards. Boeffla offers a much better configuration out of the box with a far reach of customization and features.

On OOS 2.1.2/Boeffla Kernel, Couldn't replicate the Lock Screen Bug. I'll use Dual SIM in the future but can't currently comment. I always turn off the button lights. I didn't notice any WiFi 5G issues last I checked, but that was prior to the latest update. I guess I'll see in a few days when I get home. Camera FV-5 is far better than Stock Camera. Almost no reason to use Stock Camera except for the screen gestures. Haven't noticed any rotation issues with Stock Camera.

12. cboursinos
    Honeycomb Nov 21, 2015

13. varunarsenal
    Eclair Nov 21, 2015

varunarsenal , Nov 21, 2015 :
    Battery Draining. (Main problem for me)
    Led Notification light mixing.
    Fingerprint sensor could be more faster and effective.

14. iNathan
    Gingerbread Nov 21, 2015

iNathan , Nov 21, 2015 :
    Anyone else noticed if you apply enough pressure to the notification button then it will change to the next setting without physically toggling the button?
    This has now happened twice this week in my pocket.

15. CarlosLanderas
    Cupcake Nov 21, 2015

CarlosLanderas , Nov 21, 2015 :
    I have suffered three serious bugs so far.

-Huge Battery Drain. The phone in airplane mode at night before was using like 2% battery. From 100% to 98%, now it drains more than 15%. Before OTA 2.1.2 I charged the battery every two days and now it is difficult to reach the second day.

-Fingerprint scanner stops working. It seems to fix when you set the automatic lock time to Instant at settings.

-Close all recents application button gone. (Fixed it starting in safe boot)

-Led mixing colors bug.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015

16. osich
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 22, 2015

17. Dr sushil kumar
    Eclair Nov 22, 2015

Dr sushil kumar , Nov 22, 2015 :
    Performance is improved, battery drain reduced .l am not facing any FP issue . Heating is reduced But. Some times while receiving calls phone is unresponsive.

18. aenews
    KitKat Nov 22, 2015

aenews , Nov 22, 2015 :
    Personally really looked forward to this update since I've been dying for third-party RAW Support. Would recommend it.

19. osich
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 22, 2015

osich , Nov 22, 2015 :
    will it slow it down? Also, is it stable? I need like IOS/android stability

20. Nishchay Vaid
    Gingerbread Nov 22, 2015