[BUG] Open Camera → Goodbye Audio!

1. pure.by
    Gingerbread Dec 21, 2015

pure.by , Dec 21, 2015 :
    Hi everyone, I experience a very annoying bug in OnePlus 2 OxygenOS 2.1.2:

Every time after I launch stock Camera app, all audio playback and recording stops system-wide (in every app).

No sound can be recorded or played back in any app, everything seems to be muted. No ringer either (phone does vibrate).
    • Tried audio playback through speakerphone, ear-speaker and headphones — total silence.
    • Tried audio recording WhatsApp, Google Keep, stock Camera app itself, as well in several voice-recording apps.

There is 1 exception to the above. Remarkably, it's phone calls! I can have these without any problems — I hear person B, person B hears me, everything fine. No audio before and after the call though :p

Now there's some other weird stuff going on:
    • accelerated audio and video playback: depending on the app (Google Music/YouTube/VLC/etc) I can see that seconds' counter passes by at about 1.5~2x speed when playing music or videos
    • accelerated video recording: the video I shot with stock camera seems to be accelerated at about 1.5x speed. It plays back on my phone this way as well as on my PC and YouTube. So the video is not only silent, but kind of 'timelapse' as well.

The only way to solve this issue is to reboot the phone. Google Camera app works fine, it's the stock camera that makes all audio disappear.

Anyone else having these issues?

2. Bharath HT
    KitKat Dec 21, 2015

Bharath HT , Dec 21, 2015 :
    Update to 2.2.0:p:D

3. pure.by
    Gingerbread Dec 21, 2015

pure.by , Dec 21, 2015 :
    I started writing this post yesterday night but got tired and went to sleep. Finished it off now... And guess what? Oxygen 2.2.0 came out while I was asleep xD

Thanks for the tip. Will try that as soon as OTA zip is available.

Bharath HT likes this.
  4. Bharath HT
    KitKat Dec 21, 2015

Bharath HT , Dec 21, 2015 :
    Lol okay. Was wondering why you would write a novel before atleast give out a try to the new update:D

Hope it solves the issue. :)

Cheers;)

pure.by likes this.