[Bug] SMS app does not display contact name in a group MMS

1. mrdarkfusion Cupcake May 30, 2019

mrdarkfusion, May 30, 2019 :
    MMS messages work fine on my OP7 Pro; I can receive and send with no issues. The problem is when the incoming messages are not displaying who is sending them at all.

To workaround the bug, I had to manually click on each message to view the sender details. I have since ditched the stock messaging app, and opted to use Android Messages from the Play Store.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

J1561518207273 and saidinarts like this.
  2. saidinarts Cupcake Jun 25, 2019

saidinarts, Jun 25, 2019 :
    Yes I have the same issue. I have also opted to use Android Message from the store in the interim. I would like to have this fixed, as I consider it a cleaner/nice app all around except for this glaring issue.

J1561518207273 likes this.
  3. J1561518207273 Cupcake Jul 1, 2019

J1561518207273, Jul 1, 2019 :
    Since I am unable to create a new thread. I was hoping to get some help.
    So the 1+7P has an incredibly lame antenna, so much so I have to stick my phone out the window to make a phone call or send or receive texts on my Verizon Network (Previous Droid Turbo 2 had no problem anywhere in the building)
    The problem is, for some reason, my phone will not even attempt to make a text through (Messenger) or make a call without Cell Network being available.
    Ive gone through, resets, restarts cache clearing with 1+ Support, and nothing works at all.
    Sent them screen shots and they just don't have the skill to troubleshoot it.
    My Wifi signal is exceptional and I can do anything on it EXCEPT Send/Receive a call Or Send or Receive a Text unless my head is sticking out of the window.
    Shouldn't I be able to send and receive texts at least? I'm aware that their WiFi calling is buggy, but that doesn't even try. It just tells me I have no Cell Network.