Bugs after 9.0 update

1. Speedfire66
    Donut Nov 10, 2018

Speedfire66 , Nov 10, 2018 :
    I've been enjoying the experience of the OP6 up until the recent Pie updates, which now cause some irritating problems (listed below). I'm a heavy phone user and so these elements are particularly irritating and would appreciate being resolved (for reference, I have done a complete wipe and reset and they appear to remain);

Bluetooth often jumps now, and connecting to other audio devices (such as Airpods which had worked flawlessly until the updates) becomes troublesome, with some connections just randomly dropping. I have to turn Bluetooth off and on to reconnect or, if I'm really lucky, reboot the phone.

Battery life has become noticeably worse, in some instances I have to charge twice in a day whereas the same usage got me a day easy. Again, the update appears to have caused this.

Camera snap button refuses to work sometimes. Odd issue here, with no pattern. When using the native camera app, the snap button doesn't respond. It sometimes will show blue for the press but won't take a photo (regardless of distance to the object) and other times it just won't show blue at all, and fail to acknowledge the fact that I'm trying to take the photo.

Apps automatically close after trying to launch the keyboard in the app. This happens on Chrome, Outlook, Firefox, eBay, Amazon etc. I've also noticed that I cannot type anything some times and have to close and reopen the app before I can type something into the search box.

For me, the above bits could be resolved, but because the are interefering with my primary uses of the phone, they aren't sitting to well with me. I understand there are going to be niggles, but from what I've seen on the forums, I'm not the only one.

I'm not sure what support turn around is like with OnePlus, but hopefully someone can share some tips on resolving some of this if others have experienced the same?

tushar__mittal and Nish_chavan like this.
  2. Nish_chavan
    Cupcake Nov 10, 2018

Nish_chavan , Nov 10, 2018 :
    i am facing sake issues....i cannot use my keyboard or for instance my whole touchscreen stops working

3. Q1541857346161
    Cupcake Nov 10, 2018

Q1541857346161 , Nov 10, 2018 :
    For me the update to Android 9 was also very bad and brought many issues - besides, these issues have not been solved with the Oxygen update that came 3 weeks afterwards.
    In my case the major bugs are:
    - phone calls: speaker button does not work, it is not possible to pass the sound to speaker
    - phone calls: hang up button does not work, I have to hang up via the notification top bar
    - screen freezes: many times the screen doesn't respond to my fingers, it freezes. It only gets normal again when putting screen off and on with the power button.

fightorgan likes this.
  4. Speedfire66
    Donut Nov 10, 2018

5. Deactivated User
    Nov 10, 2018

6. Speedfire66
    Donut Nov 10, 2018

Speedfire66 , Nov 10, 2018 :
    I'm glad you've found a smooth experience. I'd like the same, but not sure why a wipe and reload didn't resolve it.

7. MarshaNwic
    Cupcake Jan 11, 2019

MarshaNwic , Jan 11, 2019 :
    phone calls: speaker button does not work, it is not possible to pass the sound to speaker

I'm having the same problem after the update

8. Martti Myllyntaus
    Cupcake Jan 11, 2019

Martti Myllyntaus , Jan 11, 2019 :
    Hello,

I have found out that with Oxygen 9.x Polar M600 and Polar Flow 4.0.3 is not working at all.
    As you start a training pushing the clocks button you should be able to continue setup with Polar Flow app.

Nothing happens...

I have been trying to get help from Polar and OnePlus.
    So far we have been getting nowhere with the problem.