Bugs on 9 Pro. Hear me out !

1. Cervi
    Froyo Apr 9, 2021

Cervi , Apr 9, 2021 :
    Hello fellow oneplusers !

I've had my OP9Pro for about a week now, and so far I have discovered a few annoying bugs.
    Please read below, and if you have also experienced any of the issues I have, please let me know.

1. Refresh Rate - I have enabled "Show Refresh Rate" in Developer Settings, and to my surprise, my phone stays at 120hz NOT MATTER the scenario....even in the lock screen. Looking at a picture for 16 minutes ? I get 16 minutes of 120hz. Reading a text without scrolling or touching the screen ? I get 120hz.

2. Bluetooth inconsistency - I have my OnePlus Buds, an Amazfit GTR watch and a BOOM3 bluetooth speaker connected to my phone. All of them constantly get disconnected. I highly doubt it that the fault is with ALL the connected devices.

3. Always-on Ambient display - it is VERY dim. Behavior : I lock the device, the always-on ambient comes on, and after about a good 10 to 15 seconds, the ambient display gets so dimmed that I can barely see it. Well, that wouldn't be a problem per se, but when I get a notification when the display is so dim, the notification is also dim, rendering it completely useless.

4. Poor GSM signal - my previous phone was a OP7T, which now my wife possesses. Well, after popping my SIM card into my 9 Pro, I immediately noticed that the signal is about half the strength of the other phone. And now whet the OP7T has half the "bars", my 9 Pro has no reception.

That's all I got so far. If I discover more, I will add them to this thread.

Cheers from Transylvania !

Ekinox95100, Procent_ and MarkoBatrac like this.
  2. Rcoupe_XBM
    Gingerbread Apr 9, 2021

Ekinox95100 likes this.
  3. arabinow
    Gingerbread Apr 9, 2021

4. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Apr 9, 2021

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro Stellar Black , Apr 9, 2021 :
    1. Refresh Rate

- I believe it's only capable of showing the mode used. Not the actual Hz. It can switch between 120Hz and 60Hz for some apps but as far as I can tell never show the true Hz in 120Hz mode.

2. Bluetooth inconsistency

- On my devices nothing noticed.

3. Always-on Ambient display

- I have replicated and reported an issue where it can dim down and get stuck at too low level

4. Poor GSM signal

- Nothing I noticed myself.

You may want report you issues via the feedback tool.

View attachment 1584366

Caoimhín and MarkoBatrac like this.
  5. Procent_
    Donut Apr 9, 2021

Procent_ , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Apr 9, 2021 :
    I just updated my phone to 11.2.3.3 and I can confirm that refresh rate is locked at 120 all the time.
    But... Refresh rate drops to 60 when I'm using keyboard to write something.

6. eddiedimitris
    Cupcake Apr 9, 2021

eddiedimitris , Apr 9, 2021 :
    I confirm that there is problem with bluetooth connection when i hear music.It suddenly disconnects or makes scratch...please solve this

7. Akshat Sehgal
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 10, 2021

Akshat Sehgal , via OnePlus Community App , Apr 10, 2021 :
    Try using another sim. If a sim is working perfectly on one device, it doesn't mean that it would work on another device too.

I have read a lot of people mentioning that the refresh rate remains at 120Hz all the time and it's just that for some unknown reason, it doesn't show the actual refresh rate. It should be fine, don't worry.

You can also report your issues using the Feedback Tool.

8. Ruqhaiya Taskeen
    Ice Cream Sandwich Staff Member Apr 10, 2021

Ruqhaiya Taskeen , Apr 10, 2021 :
    For analyzing this better we would need few details. It'll be of great help if you could share the information for further analysis. We've responded to you via direct message. 

Regards,
    Ruqhaiya Taskeen

9. Ruqhaiya Taskeen

We'll definitely work on the issue reported and we'll do our best to help you. We've got in touch with you via direct message. Looking forward for your response!

Regards,
    Ruqhaiya Taskeen

10. Rcoupe_XBM
    Gingerbread Apr 10, 2021

Rcoupe_XBM , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Apr 10, 2021 :
    In my case with latest update (got it yesterday) I can confirm that reception is now better. For now I did not see any drops of mobile carrier connection. So I will see if this happens again, but for now all ok.

11. Ruqhaiya Taskeen

We've got in touch with you via personal conversation to give you more insights regarding this. Please check your DM!

Regards,
    Ruqhaiya Taskeen

12. Ruqhaiya Taskeen

In order to investigate this further, please help us with the requested details. Please have a look in your inbox, we've sent a direct message.

Regards,
    Ruqhaiya Taskeen

13. Cervi
    Froyo Apr 12, 2021

Cervi , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Apr 12, 2021 :
    Hello, I have responded to your message ! I know it took a while, but I don't get push notifications from the community app.
    Also sent you an email.
    Let me know,
    Mihai